Overboosting? Help!

marctwo

Reaction score
Whilst changing the battery in my car over the weekend I ran a VAG COM scan which threw up an intermittant fault with the boost controller. I don't remember the exact error message.

I also noticed that there was a much louder sucking sound coming from the turbo. The car is remapped and was noticably louder after it was done but this is even louder now.

Does anyone have any ideas? I did a plot of requested vs actual boost and it was hard to read the scale correctly but it seemed to be boosting very high. What is the normal boost for rempped car?

The car does seem to be quite quick at the moment but I had put this down to vpower and cooler air temperatures. Now I am not so sure.

Please help!

that's really interesting mate, ive noticed the exact same thing since the drop in temperature and me using V power all the time i have notice a really loud sucking noice interesting...

Jason

i'm assuming (hoping) the battery was disconnected for over 20 minutes? If so, the ECU is back in re-learn mode, so is using default values till it adapts to your driving.

madvw said:
i'm assuming (hoping) the battery was disconnected for over 20 minutes? If so, the ECU is back in re-learn mode, so is using default values till it adapts to your driving.

It was doing all this even before the battery was replaced so I don't think it's related.