Overboost/Throttle position

Callumnash

Reaction score
Can someone please shine some light on my problem,I bought an Audi A3 2.0 Tdi 140BHP and I’ve got a dreaded overboost problem…I’ve had the turbo reconditioned and everything cleaned professionally I thought that cured it until I took it on a drive and realised when I was climbing the gears it put me in limp mode and came up with an overboost condition!! Secondly I’ve plugged a computer into the OBD port and my throttle position is stuck at 95 and won’t move when pressing the accelerator I’ve changed the throttle body which wasn’t cheap and still no luck!

What year is the car?

Reactions: Callumnash
Ok, I will move you to A3 8p section. You get more help in there

Who did the turbo recon as tbh its probably a bkd engine & 99% of the time overboosting on these are turbos.

Who did the turbo recon as tbh its probably a bkd engine & 99% of the time overboosting on these are turbos.
It was stripped down by myself and re assembled with new parts and yes it is a BKD engine

Did you check the actuator moved freely, was the nut adjusted or left as set, you aligned the center mechanism inside with the small vane lobes, tested them & listened to the lobes, vanes moving together?

They make a kinda chinging noise when mechanism moves properly, done quite a few bkd turbo's already.

Reactions: abmat
I will check this,have you any idea why the throttle is reading at 95 instead of zero when idle? I’ve had a brand new throttle body fitted and it changed nothing

You need to do that. It can be done with vcds or iirc there’s a way of doing it with the ignition.