Out with the old, in with the new(rear brakes and 4 tyres)

s3facelift09

Reaction score
My 2016. RS3 rear brake rotors are really rusty, and since the discs are 60 percent worn out, and the pads have also similar wear. I decided to buy new discs and pads, I bought Brembo vented and drilled discs 310mm, that look apsolutely fantastic, 10x better then the OEM which are not drilled. I will mount the kit on Monday or Tuesday, and will upload some pics after completion. I hope everything will fit.
One important note, I planned to clearcoat the new brake rotors to prevent future corrosion before mounting, but it came clearcoated, which I have never seen before. The new discs usually just have silver paint without a clearcoat. Apsolutely amazing discs. And a very cheap set.

I bought a set of 4 new tyres, staggered Pirelli P Zero RO2. Never seen some sponges inside the 255's.

7dd5394e 3364 4f1d 9e1d 5ef401300251

Pirelli Noise cancelling system, I thought it's just for transport purposes, lol
8a7b5636 b1b2 4764 9a5e 2287aac2b07c

New Motec Ultralightt alloys should be with me next week, so will post some pics when I mount everything.

Reactions: CamRNW
Huh, didn't know about those sponges. Assume that's also on the OEM tires too?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Don't know, but the sponges were only on the 255/30-19 tyres, the 235/35-19 don't have them. DOT is 2020, of the both 255's and 235's. And both are RO2 marked.

The NCS has been on the Pirelli’s since the PFL R01 tyre.

Sadly the Pirelli Pzero doesn’t have the best reputation on the RS3.

Regarding the Brembo discs they are grey coated from the factory and are a superb disc, have a set of plain on the rear of mine and they haven’t rusted yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The NCS has been on the Pirelli’s since the PFL R01 tyre.

Sadly the Pirelli Pzero doesn’t have the best reputation on the RS3.

Regarding the Brembo discs they are grey coated from the factory and are a superb disc, have a set of plain on the rear of mine and they haven’t rusted yet.

The 235 tyre for the back also marked as RO2 doesn't have the NCS, don't know why.

Regarding the Pzero reputation, I was aware of it, reading here on the forum other experiences, but I don't drive the car to the extreme limits, very far from that actually so I'll be fine with the Pzero's, and I kind of like the looks of the tyres considering how far it stretches and the protection of the rim that is huge.

The 235 tyre for the back also marked as RO2 doesn't have the NCS, don't know why.

Regarding the Pzero reputation, I was aware of it, reading here on the forum other experiences, but I don't drive the car to the extreme limits, very far from that actually so I'll be fine with the Pzero's, and I kind of like the looks of the tyres considering how far it stretches and the protection of the rim that is huge.

Yeah I could never understand why the Rear 235 had no foam in either.

Probably most road noise comes through the front suspension when you have the wider fronts.
The foam thing isn’t new either as some tyre manufacturers used it in the 80’s.

Bit of a fad I think, I noticed no difference when I changed to Goodyear Eagle F1 Supersports.

Yes had them inside my OE tyres when I switched to MPSS.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: 8YARWY
So got these rear brakes installed.
20200526 1915491

Mounted the new tyres onto new Motec ultralight wheels, I put 3 layers of ceramic coating on the wheels and on the brake calipers.
20200602 1839231

The final result.
20200602 2015202

Reactions: savo, 8YARWY and RS03???
Looks good!

I’ve got those discs and pads sat in the garage waiting to go on, just need to order my front Reyland discs and can get my full brake refresh done.