1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Out of nowhere this ...

KrisKrk May 18, 2020

1. KrisKrk

KrisKrk A6 C6 4F 2010 LeMans Avant

Drove the car today morning to work, all perfect.
    Came out of work and got to the car, started it and ESP fault dash warning came up on dash with beep and coil started to flash.
    Switched the engine off and started it again, after few seconds. Same thing happened.
    Drove it off thinking, it will go off after a drive. Nope, it didn't, still same.

Drove the car gently home but not far from home, dropped in to the local indi.
    Explained everything to very tired bloke who thought about nothing else but going home. He replied that, "he's closing in 5minutes and I should come back tomorrow am for full diagnostic scan".
    Well, if you're not bother to plug in the ****** thing and press few buttons now, you ain't gonna do it tomorrow, ehh?
    Would like the scan to be thorough and give me result of fault but if he have to be asked to press a simple fricking button then I'll be off elsewhere.
    Only thing he mentioned that I didn't noticed right away is lack of power.
    Limp mode made me to drive slow and I didn't even thought of it.

Called road assistance upon my "home start" feature on policy and within 90minutes from report, bloke was already next to the car. Wasn't too friendly and outgoing person either but hey, lets do some magic as daddy need a error code clearly telling what is wrong with love of my life. No, he wasn't going to examine my wife.
    Didn't expect a smile or much details from him but anything that will help me get mind off of the hefty bill already on the horizon.

Ecu memory clear of error codes made him dig deeper and he found fault code P2127 responsible for coil light.
    It is a throttle pedal position sensor related error.
    Nothing else came up and he had to go all the way to different search and scan to find it(!) OMfG. C'mon man.

Anyway.
    That is the only error he could find, which he cleared twice but do come back and it is for sure related to coil light. That is 90% sure connected to ESP fault dash warning.
    Now, I need to book a scan on my own expense and pray for easy fault find / repair.

Car booked tomorrow lunch time so will see what it says.[​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from H P20 PRO

c16rkc likes this.
  2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. c16rkc

c16rkc Registered User

Hoping for a cheap and easy fix for you.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

4. CupraDine

CupraDine Registered User

c16rkc likes this.
  5. KrisKrk

Had the car scanned yesterday and it did came back with the same error of throttle pedal positioning sensor fault.
    Been told it will be most likely be connected to ESP on the dash also.

Part ordered and car dropped off this morning to sort out the throttle pedal.

Fingers crossed it will be all sorted.

Sent from H P20 PRO

c16rkc likes this.
  6. KrisKrk

Throttle pedal replaced as whole unit with switch. Need to transfer the pedal cover.

After a drive it all came back to normal but think pedal is lower than others. Cannot move my feet swiftly from acceleration to brake.
    Will contact the garage as don't think it was the case before.
    Anyone could drop me a picture of their pedal setup and positioning, please?[​IMG]

Sent from H P20 PRO

Novica and c16rkc like this.
  7. c16rkc

c16rkc Registered User

I'll see if I can photograph mine tomorrow. It's a 2.0 diesel, so not sure it will help?

KrisKrk likes this.
  8. c16rkc

c16rkc Registered User

I have this one on my phone, just dawned on me that mine is an auto too!

[​IMG]

KrisKrk likes this.
  9. KrisKrk

Cheers for that.
    It does look like it is lower than brake pedal.

Search on the internet explain actually that, it is manufacturer default setting to prevent pressing both brake and throttle pedals at the same time.

Maybe I'm paranoid

Sent from H P20 PRO

Novica, CupraDine and c16rkc like this.