Out In The Snow (Winter Tyres)

mjc

Reaction score
For those that are interested, a quick picture from this weekend.

2.0 litre TDI 150 PS Sport fitted with genuine 16 inch Audi Winter Alloys and 205/55/R16 Continental 830 Winter Tyres, purchased at time of vehicle order through the Audi Winter Tyre promotion. Proving to be a good investment so far! (Although I am looking forward to seeing the car on its 17 Inch 5-Arm Kinetics.)

Attachments

• Winters.jpg
    Winters.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 380
Your picture makes me hopeful that Audi haven't changed the PCD & offset of their wheels between the 8P & 8V, as I have exactly the same 16" wheels with winter tyres on my 8P cabriolet.

Can anyone confirm that the PCD & offset is indeed the same? It would definitely sway me towards staying with Audi when I come to change my car, if the winter alloys I already have would still fit.

On ebay I saw a set of winter tyres and alloys on sale by an authorised Audi dealer that looked like the alloys in the picture but when I asked the question I was told they were not suitable for the new A3. The description was "a set of 4 Genuine Audi winter alloy wheels with tyres. These are for A1 from 2011> and A3 from 2008>. The wheels are the 5-spoke design, 5 stud, 6J x16 ET50. The tyres are Continental 205/55R16 winter tyres. Both Alloys and tyres are brand new and have not been fitted/used". Unless the response I got was wrong then there is a difference.

That's odd. Someone said on here a while back that 2008 8P and 2012 8V were the same fitting.

I too have also seen these on eBay via Audi dealers, as mentioned these were supplied and fitted by the official supplying Audi dealer and have been fine for the 2000 miles I've clocked up on them thus far. My vehicle was factory specced with the optional 5-Arm Kinetics (currently in storage) which I'm 99% sure were also available on late 8P models, in fact looking at pjr's red 8P Cabriolet in the small picture above, that looks to have the 5-Arm Kinetics fitted (I may be wrong!). Hopefully someone can clarify/confirm.

mjc - is there a part number visible on your winter wheels if so what is it?

mjc - my summer wheels (which are in my avatar) are very similar to the 5 arm kinetics on the 8V, but not exactly the same. I thought they were the same initially, but the 8V Sportback which Dundee Audi had in their showroom had the 5 arm kinetics on it, and they are very slightly different - the gap between each double spoke is bigger on the 8V version than on mine.

No worries, I'll have a look tomorrow, maybe tricky as they are usually stamped on the rear of the wheel. I'll also look on my paperwork, maybe referenced on that.

mjc - thanks it would be good to get both the part number and any other information on your wheels.

I have had a look again at the Genuine Audi winter 5-spoke design, 5 stud, 6J x16 ET50 alloy wheels on ebay uk and the vehicles on the compability list are all A4's with 17 inch wheels so something is not right with the description on ebay uk.