Our little 8V can take a hit

Lehn

Reaction score
So, everything is going well getting my S3 ready for 1st of April where the first car meet of 2019 takes place.

RS3 grill fitted, Eibach Pro-Kit fitted, summer wheels fitted and later this evening I'll fit my Method Effects splitter (which I should've done yesterday, but this is where it all started...).

Drove home to my friend 5 Am yesterday to watch Formula 1 where I parked my car behind his wife's car. His wife needed to use the car so I moved my car to an area in the driveway where guests would normally park, BUT it's also the area they use for turning the car around when they reverse out of their driveway (which is kind of long, so they normally do this instead of reversing all the way).

The guys and I were looking at his Lotus 7 race car in the barn when my friend got the call and I could hear his wife sobbing through the phone and I already knew what it was about and thought "****, please not my baby, please not my baby". But I couldn't get around this - his wife had reversed into my car... We expected the worst but I was kind of relived when we got over to the car. A couple of scratches and a dent from the towbar. His wife was devastated but I told her it was just a car and she should relax - expecting the worst I was even able to smile and laugh about the incident after watching the damage (Only an idiot would get mad about such incident).

A couple of hours later I was getting ready to head home, so I started the car and put it into reverse. I pressed the speeder as I would normally do and the car didn't move. Hmm, I put the car into park and reverse again and pressed the speeder a little more. The car jumped back and I saw the holes from my tires in the gravel which was why it was so difficult to get the car moving - the impact was so hard that it had moved my car 3-4". I couldn't believe this after seeing the damage on my car which was not that bad.

Long story short, I looked at my Dashcam footage and got surprised about the force of the impact... I'll let the video talk for itself.

Her insurance will cover it all and I'll get my car booked in to get it checked at Audi and getting my bumper fixed (and possible damage behind the bumper). I got away with two dents and a lot of small scratches on the bumper.

Have a nice day and remember it's just a car! :hi:

The car involved:
Upload 2019 3 18 13 12 10

The mark to the left is the worst and is where I suspect the towbar to have hit. The right is hard to even see.
Upload 2019 3 18 13 16 49

This is the dent to the left:
Upload 2019 3 18 13 19 12

Last edited:
Reactions: Chris S 1245
Oh well it’s only plastic and metal so no-one hurt. At least you know who it was and they owned up to it.
Hopefully nothing serious and you back in the road quick.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow the car does move a fair old way! But as you say the damage is barely noticeable. Main thing (as said above) is that no one is hurt, yes we hate to see damage to our cars but they are easily repairable, no point getting upset with friends and family. Mistakes happen!

Wow....watching the impact I'm amazed the towbar hadn't smashed through your bumper.
You got off relatively lightly there, although the repair price probably wont reflect that.
Like Adam said you don't get mad with close friends when things like this happen.....but had it been a stranger that done it that would be a different story. ;)

Ouch, but well handled Sir. Hope you get her fixed to your satisfaction ASAP mate.

I am so sorry for the mishap, my cousin also had his BMW knocked by another cousin and he was a new driver. Instead of brake he hit the accelerator hard and he now drives a Kia.

What's the dash cam you are using, please send me a link if you can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My wife had her MX5 parked across her mothers drive. Her mother wanted to get her car off the drive and asked my wife to move her car. Her mother got in her car and started it up, wifey gets in her car and starts it up, her mum roars off the drive in reverse and wipes wife’s car out before she could move.

Reactions: davc
That's women drivers for you lol:shutup2: (flame suit on!)

Reactions: Chris S 1245
So, everything is going well getting my S3 ready for 1st of April where the first car meet of 2019 takes place.

RS3 grill fitted, Eibach Pro-Kit fitted, summer wheels fitted and later this evening I'll fit my Method Effects splitter (which I should've done yesterday, but this is where it all started...).

Drove home to my friend 5 Am yesterday to watch Formula 1 where I parked my car behind his wife's car. His wife needed to use the car so I moved my car to an area in the driveway where guests would normally park, BUT it's also the area they use for turning the car around when they reverse out of their driveway (which is kind of long, so they normally do this instead of reversing all the way).

The guys and I were looking at his Lotus 7 race car in the barn when my friend got the call and I could hear his wife sobbing through the phone and I already knew what it was about and thought "****, please not my baby, please not my baby". But I couldn't get around this - his wife had reversed into my car... We expected the worst but I was kind of relived when we got over to the car. A couple of scratches and a dent from the towbar. His wife was devastated but I told her it was just a car and she should relax - expecting the worst I was even able to smile and laugh about the incident after watching the damage (Only an idiot would get mad about such incident).

A couple of hours later I was getting ready to head home, so I started the car and put it into reverse. I pressed the speeder as I would normally do and the car didn't move. Hmm, I put the car into park and reverse again and pressed the speeder a little more. The car jumped back and I saw the holes from my tires in the gravel which was why it was so difficult to get the car moving - the impact was so hard that it had moved my car 3-4". I couldn't believe this after seeing the damage on my car which was not that bad.

Long story short, I looked at my Dashcam footage and got surprised about the force of the impact... I'll let the video talk for itself.

Her insurance will cover it all and I'll get my car booked in to get it checked at Audi and getting my bumper fixed (and possible damage behind the bumper). I got away with two dents and a lot of small scratches on the bumper.

Have a nice day and remember it's just a car! :hi:

The car involved:
View attachment 178014

The mark to the left is the worst and is where I suspect the towbar to have hit. The right is hard to even see.
View attachment 178015

This is the dent to the left:
View attachment 178017

Really sorry to hear about what happened to your car mate and yeah I know accidents happen but that one was easily avoidable looks like some force hit your car not a gentle reverse tap. Don’t think I would have handled it well having looked at the dashcam footage.