Our 2011 A4 B8 2.0 TFSI Avant Build

AU11 ALS

Reaction score
Never had a thread about a car I've modded as only done one other a few years ago (Mk4 Golf GTI 1.8T - previous user name on various forums - golfturbo) but as we are nearing what at the moment I believe to be where I want the car to be thought I would start one off!

The car was bought in Feb 2014 from Listers Audi in Stratford-Upon-Avon and was completely standard as you would expect from a dealer purchased car. It's a 2011 Black Edition with no options, this didn't worry us too much as the standard BE was a reasonable spec and my other half won't use Nav so didn't need it. We went looking for an A3 Manual 2.0TDI and came out buying an A4 Avant 2.0 TFSI Multitronic! We just loved the colour and overall look.

These are the pics at the dealer and when we got it home...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427459184936618

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427459202212256

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427459216202229

First mods were simple and quick to add but in my opinion made a NCR change to the car and helped to turn heads

Added
- Black Audi Rings front and rear
- Black S-line wing badges
- UK road legal pressed plates
- brush Ali effect mirror caps

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427459364224425

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427459318636942

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427459336193802

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427459502308356

Then came the need to get some paint and do the callipers. At the same time noticed rear tyres had cracks between tread, Listers Audi were excellent and replaced these free of charge

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427459465557817

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427459484816729

Also added colour matched fog bulbs

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427459771606508

Then came the RS style black edition front radiator grill along with a small front splitter made of flexible rubber so hopefully won't get ripped off

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427459549180372

Then after much deliberation we opted for AP Coilovers, wanted something that did make the ride too harsh and they came recommended by other forum members, have to say so far very impressed.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427459678462603

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427459705291907

At the same time we fitted 10mm H&R Spacers on the front and 12mm on the rear.

Most recently fitted interior LEDs courtesy of tr8ps and will be visiting him next week for a few more along with an upgrade to the headlights he has been working on

Today we will see the finalisation of the custom exhaust install, along with S4 rear balance, front fog grills having been painted black and the silver dash trim around the clocks also having been painted gloss black (these were previously wrapped but they didn't last so needed something more permanent)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427459934902990

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427459950613125

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427459978574439

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427459989798241

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427460005205452

The Ali mirror covers have come off and these have been replaced with black

I'll update this thread with more pics later today! And I am sure there are bits I have missed out!

Still to come

- revo stage 1 map
- k&n replacement filter
- b8.5 rear lamps

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427459154.421337.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427459154.421337.jpg
    276.5 KB · Views: 2,021
Last edited:
Reactions: xpoweruk, Chop., Sandra and 5 others
Avant looking very nice indeedy buddy! :thumbs up:

Some nice mods there

Reactions: AU11 ALS
Just read the original post, I hate auto correct! Will sort typos!

Exhaust is on

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427535425578416

Not the best pic but will get some more later today. However I must be getting too old as its a bit loud for me so heading back at lunch time to have a centre box out back in (we removed one), aim now is for it to look good but have a just a little less volume than standard. If I'm honest I felt like I had ruined the car driving back yesterday

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427535572314036

Reactions: Sandra
Looking good. The changes you have made to the car since you bought it have all been very well thought out and have transformed the car. Not long to wait till revo day now. Well done and keep up the good work. :) x

Looking good. The changes you have made to the car since you bought it have all been very well thought out and have transformed the car. Not long to wait till revo day now. Well done and keep up the good work. :) x

Thank you Sandra

As others I've got the bug... I'm sure there are more things to do, seriously thinking about getting the seats re-trimmed

Are you having a Revo map done?
I have the stage 1 on mine and it does transform the power delivery on the car. It feels rapid off the mark and sounds great with the BMC filter I have.

Are you having a Revo map done?
I have the stage 1 on mine and it does transform the power delivery on the car. It feels rapid off the mark and sounds great with the BMC filter I have.

Yes that's the plan although I can't make the date I originally booked as attending a detailing training day.

We have a panel filter to go in and have the custom stainless exhaust so hoping it should make a great difference!

Reactions: Chop. and mancdan
Exhaust is bedding in nicely, having a 150 mile cruise up the M6 today should really help too... I'm being a passenger today (very unusual) and I'm in the back and noise levels are not too bad!

Next stage of mods.... Courtesy of @Tr8ps this morning

Headlight upgrade (clear projectors and bulb upgrade)
Footwell lighting
Glovebox light
Puddle lights

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428047662296447

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428049117188877

Last edited:
Just read the original post, I hate auto correct! Will sort typos!

Exhaust is on

View attachment 54878

Not the best pic but will get some more later today. However I must be getting too old as its a bit loud for me so heading back at lunch time to have a centre box out back in (we removed one), aim now is for it to look good but have a just a little less volume than standard. If I'm honest I felt like I had ruined the car driving back yesterday

View attachment 54879
We NEED to hear this exhaust! :thumbs up:

Some nice mods being added :)

Loving watching the transformation of tHe avant, lovely looking car. Exactly the kind of mods I want to do to mine when I get into it. :icon thumright:

Very nice mate. Sits just right IMO.
Just bought a white 2.0 TFSI quattro black edition avant couple of weeks ago. Done the black badge thing and getting some rotors on it next week. Might have to have a look at some AP coilover after seeing yours..

Very nice mate. Sits just right IMO.
Just bought a white 2.0 TFSI quattro black edition avant couple of weeks ago. Done the black badge thing and getting some rotors on it next week. Might have to have a look at some AP coilover after seeing yours..

Thanks Simon

I love this pic of the car...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429824320127110

Getting the exhaust sorted finally tomorrow, then revo on Saturday and picking up the rear diffuser bar that's been wrapped too...

Then to get the rear lights converted to B8.5 and finish the 2 stage machine polish I started last weekend...

Reactions: Derzal and Chop.
Oh and get married in July and as this is the other halfs daily drive I got her a plate for it as a wedding pressie

Sits nice

Some pics of the quality work by #tr8ps All LED

Puddle lights
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429825235552458

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429825385124588

Footwell lights
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429825273969490

And upgraded factory xenon with clear lense and 5000k bulbs

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429825308536832

These make my factory xenons on my 2014 A5 look yellow! Look at how sharp the cut off is... sweet

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429825249.175506.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429825249.175506.jpg
    170.6 KB · Views: 589
Thanks to the guys at PSI Tuning & Revo this morning we now have an extra 50+ horses under the bonnet, delivery is smooth but impressive. Might want to get the gearbox mapped now though!

Reactions: Chop., Keef, Bristle Hound and 2 others
Great thread & cracking motor.

Intrigued to hear what else is in the pipeline?

Hi A5BlackEd
That looks sweet, I spoke to you before and you recommended Trups for LEDs. So nearly finished fitting them.
Mine is a 2.0d so probably doesn't sound as sweet as yours.
I've got an RS4 grill to fit and black side badges, will be fitting black rings too.
Because mines a diesel is there much more I could do to spec it up more?
Many thanks Graham
P.s. You going to Audi in the Park, on Audi-Sport stand?

Hi again, where did you get your rear diffuser from? Been looking for one so I have quad but only one side active.
Thanks Graham

Hi again, where did you get your rear diffuser from? Been looking for one so I have quad but only one side active.
Thanks Graham

It's an OEM S4 one.

I thought it might be too expensive or difficult to get both sides connected up?

No, its just as easy to get the pipes connected, most of the expense is in the rear diffuser, which you'll already have for the quad pipes.
Any good custom exhaust place should see you alright, get the heat shield and exhaust hanger from Audi, £40 approx.
JG

Hi A5BlackEd
That looks sweet, I spoke to you before and you recommended Trups for LEDs. So nearly finished fitting them.
Mine is a 2.0d so probably doesn't sound as sweet as yours.
I've got an RS4 grill to fit and black side badges, will be fitting black rings too.
Because mines a diesel is there much more I could do to spec it up more?
Many thanks Graham
P.s. You going to Audi in the Park, on Audi-Sport stand?

Just because it's diesel doesn't mean there is less to do just some may be different! A good exhaust on a diesel is nice

Yes doing aitp, haven't booked onto the stand, do you need to?!

No you don't need to book club stand for aitp, just ask for asn stand at the gate.
See you there. :thumbs up:
JG

I'll be there too, think I'm travelling done with a guy from AOC.
Those lights would look good A5BlackEd
Having puddle lights and looms fitted next Wednesday, then I've got the calipers to paint and front grill to change.

Reactions: AU11 ALS and RS5 JON
I was thinking of tinting my rear lights, what do you think would be a decent % 35?
The front lights look like they hake a tint already.

I was thinking of tinting my rear lights, what do you think would be a decent % 35?
The front lights look like they hake a tint already.

Personally I'm not fond of tinting, makes them look aftermarket in my opinions, although some of the newer films look much better than what they used to use

I feel the same, never liked it, just recently think a very light tint is nice, sort of like on the RS6 rear lights.

Been a bit quiet on mods for a few months, got married moved house and Christmas etc...

Anyway, after having a K&N Panel Filter in for a while decided to got for the new Revo Intake System they developed for this engine, please with the looks and the improved noise... Takes a little getting used to hearing the turbo spool so clearly...

IMG 0134

Also dropped the car down to Premier Vehicle Wrapping in Southampton last week for a full colour change... They have a great reputation and regularly do wraps on brand new cars for a couple of Audi dealerships as it helps them shift from the showrooms!

It took a lot of deliberation to finally choose the colour but we are happy we will like it...

IMG 0136

They are very excited about doing this wrap as they seem to only ever do grey/black/white... This is going to be a full colour change so doors, bumpers, roof rails are all coming off... Should be an awesome job... This is the first pic we have had through from them, they say the colour looks a lot deeper in there flesh

IMG 0135

Should have the car back early next week

Reactions: xpoweruk, Chop. and RS5 JON