other VAG cars

ch1z64

C'mon you's bhoy's in Green
VCDS Map User
Silver Supporter
Reaction score
i wonder if any members could give me some pointers on what other VAG cars parts would fit my 57 plate S3 as i am kinda off limited to certain things as i am a pre facelift model as i have been told by other members plus this mod thing is very knew to me living my childhood later if life as now i can afford it thanks in advance

I think that you need to tell us which parts you are interested in as a starting point.
I don't think that you can change the grill on the prefacelift but pretty much everything else is doable depending on what you want to modify and how much cash you have to spend.
I would recommend only looking at high quality aftermarket parts as there is some cheap rubbish out there.

Will need to have a think off what i would change but the post is really just to get a bit off knowledge if there would be other vag cars that i could grab parts off of ie lights from golf mk4 or golf R ..

As above, you'll have to be more specific in regards to which parts you're thinking of, for example there are some parts from a VW Golf R MK6 / VW Golf GTI MK5 / VW Jetta MK5 / VW Passat B6 that will fit your pre-facelift S3 but not all.

I've just seen that you've replied and mentioned lights, however these will not fit either the pre-facelift or facelift S3. It's more mechanical parts that will be shared, rather than body work etc.

Just for confirmation, you can fit a Black Edition Optics grill to the pre-facelift S3, the PN is 8P0 853 651 A 3FZ (this is for both the grill and surround).

Last edited:
You'll find that most of the other VAG cars actually take the S3 parts as upgrades as the S3 was essentially the class leader in the 2.0TFSI VAG range. As you are talking about compatible parts from other VAG group cars I will (possibly wrongly) assume that you are more interested in the performance upgrades. I would not bother looking into other marques, more look into what is compatible from further up the Audi range. Most notable there are the Brake kits from the likes of the TTRS. Now for performance the easiest thing is to go for a Stage 1 remap. That will see a nice bump in performance but then you will run into the limits of the Brakes and Suspension. After that if you want more tuning then parts of note are the RS4 fuel pressure return valve, RS3 Fuel injectors, RS3 low pressure fuel pump (note, if you need this for your goals you'll also require an uprated High pressure Fuel pump and further mapping). Now when you start going down that route you should be looking at what others have and start doing some real research :readit:. You'll also have to start looking into Intake kits and exhausts but it all really depends on how far down the rabbit hole you're willing to travel.

Cosmetically the only real things you do that are a direct fit are as suggested above the Black front grill and also you can upgrade the rear light clusters to the 2011 facelift model for a fresh looking rear end, as so.... First pic has MY11 rear cluster on left and standard on right. Second pic with both MY11 clusters fitted. These are direct fit and are available from eurocarparts, they usually have good holiday sales so wait for one of them to pick a pair up cheaper.

78MWX7vh.jpg

M42pvAth.jpg

For me I'd suggest a basic Stage 1 remap and get uprated ARB's. Those will offer both a nice bump in power and improved handling. Cosmetically it would be the Black Grill and MY11 rear lights. All that will get the modding ball rolling for you and we'll sit back and watch the sickness take over. :haha:

Reactions: samuelh_888
Rear wiper is fine. This was before I figured out how to get the wipers to sit up for washing the car. Just did it on the ignition and that time I'd had the rear wiper on :blush: