Other than cars, what are your interests/passions?

plasticpenguin

Reaction score
Music: As a baby of the 60s, my two siblings are 12 and 16 years older than me - they were both Mods. So my musical diet consisted of Motown, Stax, Ska and Britpop of the day: Spencer Davis Group, The Who, Small Faces, The Hollies... and that's resonated to this day - and my 15-year old daughter has introduced me to music I wouldn't ordinarily listen to.

WWI and II researcher: I come from a large military family. My dad was a Navigator with Coastal Command, based with the flying-boat Squadrons in the Shetlands between 1942 and 45. As my dad was coy in revealing exactly what he did, I had to research for myself. Those guys were so humble.

As a consequence, other people, bit by bit, started asking me to research various aspects of the interwar years and WWII. This led to writing a lot of thesis on the subject, especially the unorthodox aspects - or stuff that's not readily available in books or online.

I don't get paid nor have I asked for payment, as it's purely a deep-rooted interest.

Reactions: Rob Avant, Sandra, voorhees and 2 others
My other passion is photography. Landscape, wildlife and motor sport.

Cars and photography must be 2 of the most expensive hobbies going.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Sandra, voorhees, Jake 61 and 2 others

I don’t know women are expensive to keep aswell

Reactions: Sandra

you should try ducati race bike ownership.......its a massive drain on funds all the time.....well worth it though:yahoo: .

Reactions: Leevr, AudiSpy and Sandra
Oh yes forgot to say, i'm a petrol head for all things motive and also tractors big or small .....loads of other stuff really but automotive is the biggest thing.

Reactions: Sandra and RS4B5
Anything with an engine NOT ELECTRIC and cars cars and ... Cars trucks tractors and martial arts boxing over all adrenaline junkie exploring climbing going on rides

Reactions: AudiSpy and Charlie Farley
I make websites and play with all things electrical, have quite a good automated home setup that I can control from wherever I am in the world.

Reactions: Rob Avant and Sandra
any type of walking/hiking, recently become rather obsessed with ticking off a list of hills, fells and mountains in the yorkshire dales and onto the wainwrights next.
started a slight interest in photography, more so in conjunction with my car :icon thumright:

Reactions: Sandra and Phil-1
Should have added. Children that are going to Uni for the first time in September.

Just been means tested and the government expect me to pay £400 a month towards her accommodation

Reactions: RS4B5
I love all motorsport, going to moto gp and formula 1, live concerts, photography, going nice long walks along a beach, hill climbing, spending time with friends, audi-sport.net, shopping, and so much more I would be here all day listing it all.

@Tj 0785 you would be lost without us women, lol. We make the world a better place. :) x

Reactions: Rob Avant, Jake 61, Ghost and 3 others
Anything automotive really,cars,trucks,bikes ect,
Also the wife and i are big animal lovers,thats our recent rescue dog Hugo in my avatar,we sponsor 3 dogs with The Dogs Trust,a puppy with Guide Dogs,we donate to the Blue Cross and sponsor a massive reptile Comodo Dragon lizardy monster at Chester Zoo.

Reactions: Rob Avant, Charlie Farley, Jake 61 and 2 others
I love all motorsport, going to moto gp and formula 1, live concerts, photography, going nice long walks along a beach, hill climbing, spending time with friends, audi-sport.net, shopping, and so much more I would be here all day listing it all.

@Tj 0785 you would be lost without us women, lol. We make the world a better place. :) x

In my yoof, I used to do Kart racing. I was rubbish though...

Other than cars which take up most of my time outside of work. I like to make stuff out of junk and mainly old car parts - oil drum chairs, engine coffee table, lamps made of turbos or brake disc clocks.

Am always open to commissions by the way ;)

Reactions: Jake 61, Ghost, Rob Avant and 3 others
Other than spending way too much money on my ageing wagon, I also have a keen instresting in F1, Moto GP, BSB, music... listening to, mixing and producing, electronics, HiFi, cycling. Although my wife, baby and 3 cats seem to take up most of my spare time!

Reactions: Sandra and plasticpenguin
Other than spending way too much money on my ageing wagon, I also have a keen instresting in F1, Moto GP, BSB, music... listening to, mixing and producing, electronics, HiFi, cycling. Although my wife, baby and 3 cats seem to take up most of my spare time!

Ah, hi-fi and music is also my other passion. Spent far too much money on upgrades over the years. And have a record collection of well over 1000 and CDs of around 700-800, although haven't counted them for years.

Reactions: Sandra
In addition, I come from a very musical family: My dad played the piano, brother plays the guitar... and even our sewing machine is a Singer. :haha:

Reactions: Ghost
When I was younger I was into road cycling. But once my first son arrived I converted to a mountain bike so I could carry him in the back. 13 years on, Ive really got into throwing myself down trails. I’m not on the black runs, but have done quite a few reds.

I do wonder sometimes though when I’m on the edge of losing it, if I’m getting too old for this stuff. But hey ho, it keeps me fit and both boys are starting to join me now which makes it even more fun.

I use to do a lot of wild camping especially in winter, then a car crash 20 years ago put a stop to that. Crushed 2 vertebrae’s in my lower back.

I use to do a lot of wild camping especially in winter, then a car crash 20 years ago put a stop to that. Crushed 2 vertebrae’s in my lower back.

Ouch sorry to hear that.