Other Audi drivers and today's fun

jaypers777

Reaction score
Since owning an Audi, have noticed other Audi drivers paying attention to my car. Must admit, I do the same.

Anyways......had a great drive today down the M6 and M6 Toll (Gadget Show Live). Passed a lovely blue 11 plate S5. Anyway, for the next 30 miles, we were both having nice bursts and passed each other a few times etc.....both driving very sensibly, but the odd giving the beans at appropriate times etc. just got me thinking as it's quite a new experience.

On a different subject, was waiting for the jet wash when I got back. Muddy van pulls in and the guys gesture to ask if I was waiting. Down with the window and I explained that I wouldn't be a minute as I only wanted the jet washer to rinse the motorway dirt off the car. Anything else would be done by hand. Wry smile and the response.......'Was really surprised you were thinking of taking that in there!!'. Perish the thought of anything other than special mitts etc touching my paintwork!! Anyway, that was my day.

Reactions: Pulp84
Gave a nod to a nogaro blue a4 wagon about an hour ago... Audi brethren

A high pressure washer with or without soap for 8 minutes is $3.00 in my area.

First come first serve, you wouldn't want to be ankle deep in the crud those guys rinsed off the van.

Those self service vacuum nozzles need to wiped off before use!

Last edited:
Haha.....the drainage is pretty good as it goes. They got some quad bikes out the back to wash down too. 7mins for £1 at our local garage.

I saw an identical car and plate to mine (bar the last 3 letters obv) and he completly missed me, won't deny I got upset :unsure:, on another occassion a similar one to mine wouldn't leave me alone but I had to ignore him as it was icey and late, didn't stop him over taking me and coming back round!

Ha, since then most S3 drivers either give a wave or a quick glance/I flash them (lights NOT that way.....:onthego:). Come on guys you have an S3 it's obligatory to acknowledge!

I am never too sure to flash other a3/s3 owners.. prob think who is that weirdo. Lol. Had a few looks tho and obviously look back and kind of nod my appreciation of their fine choice of motor vehicle. ;-)

Reactions: Madmo and syed123
I saw an identical car and plate to mine (bar the last 3 letters obv) and he completly missed me, won't deny I got upset :unsure:, on another occassion a similar one to mine wouldn't leave me alone but I had to ignore him as it was icey and late, didn't stop him over taking me and coming back round!

Ha, since then most S3 drivers either give a wave or a quick glance/I flash them (lights NOT that way.....:onthego:). Come on guys you have an S3 it's obligatory to acknowledge!
My problem is actually seeing other S3s on the road never mind giving them a wave........

Reactions: A3_Rider
I know what you mean, only seen 2 S3's in the last 5 weeks and I do allot of motorway driving! Was passed by a nice white SB near Leicester on Friday. Was a little old lady..

Had a nice drive back from London yesterday with a White A6 S-Line as company. The roads were empty and we would pass each other, giving it lots of right foot where we could.
When I had to stop for fuel I gave a quick flash and got an acknowledgment

S3's common as muck round these parts, and their drivers are total t0ss3rs.

I of course, include myself in that catergory ;)

Reactions: Madmo
What you think to the Gadget Show Live? That Tesla was pretty cool
Liked it a lot. Only second time I've been and originally, the appeal of seeing Rachel Riley in the flesh sealed the deal. As it was so good, went again this year. Same formula and some aspects of the live show were just filler but good fun. Bit sad maybe, but also liked Jason's DeLorean, but I'm a sucker for BTTF. Wanted to get a Synology NAS but couldn't get what I wanted at the show......had a good chat with the guys on the stand though. Recommended.

My problem is actually seeing other S3s on the road never mind giving them a wave........
Didn't see a single one yesterday, and I was looking. Spotted 3 others in my office car park.......blue HB, Daytona SB and a stunning 15 plate Panther Black saloon.

Still never seen another S3 here and I've been looking. S4 you do see a few

Liked it a lot. Only second time I've been and originally, the appeal of seeing Rachel Riley in the flesh sealed the deal. As it was so good, went again this year. Same formula and some aspects of the live show were just filler but good fun. Bit sad maybe, but also liked Jason's DeLorean, but I'm a sucker for BTTF. Wanted to get a Synology NAS but couldn't get what I wanted at the show......had a good chat with the guys on the stand though. Recommended.

Think I've been now for past 5 years or so, although not quite as good as it used to be still a good event to go to.