Origins of your User Name?

boffin486

Reaction score
Hey folks - A daft question but maybe interesting - How or why have you chosen your user name?
I'll go first - Boffin486 - I'm a techie person, spent my whole life building/fixing/adapting/overcoming things Electrical, mechanical, House repairs, in fact most anything really.
I used to work fixing Car stereos/Home HiFis/PCs etc and my colleague & I were just referred to as 'The Boffins'.
Name stuck so use it as user name along with part of the registration number of my Much modified Capri that I had when I was a (ahem) :whistle2: younger man. Theres a couple of pics of that car in my gallery.
Fairly straightforward as you can see so, have at it folks!

Reactions: Audi Bairn, Rob Avant, Thundercliffe81 and 3 others
45bvtc, boffin, in 2-parts:

'45': this is a Lotus Elan Sprint or Type 45 Lotus, like so:

Sprint 1 Mar 03

and 'bvtc': a Big Valve Twin Cam engine, as fitted...

P1000679horns

Owned and maintained for 37-years, happy days...

Reactions: Audi Bairn, Rob Avant, Thundercliffe81 and 6 others
And RS3copilot needs little or no explanation - she just is:

P1000112mod

Reactions: Audi Bairn, jojo, martin1984 and 3 others
I'm Just Rob for the obvious reasons, just Rob..lol

Reactions: Audi Bairn, Rob Avant, Thundercliffe81 and 5 others
As above my name is my name! 2k3 is the year I got my first Hotmail address and dial up internet!

Reactions: Audi Bairn, Thundercliffe81, Sandra and 2 others
Mine again is simple name and date of birth what more do you need

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Audi Bairn, Rob Avant, Ghost and 2 others
Ex Royal Air Force, and I drive an S7 :racer:

2017-04-21%2010.43.05_zpsnrwlsvmv.jpg

Reactions: Audi Bairn, Thundercliffe81, Ghost and 4 others
Hi,
Obvious really!

Reactions: Audi Bairn, Rob Avant, martin1984 and 2 others
In my Teens I was a big fan of Public Enemy. One of their "crew" was a chap called Terminator X. On the basis it was unusual I thought I'd have no trouble with anyone else using it as a username ;)

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Audi Bairn, Rob Avant, Thundercliffe81 and 5 others
I hang around camps near lakes and wear a hockey mask

Reactions: ASBOST, jdp1962, Thundercliffe81 and 5 others
10 years ago when I joined ASN, I worked for a company called Select, and lived near Selby. Oh, and my first names Mike

I've moved on from both locations now, but the name has kinda stuck.

Reactions: Audi Bairn, Thundercliffe81, Ghost and 3 others
Mine's a nickname I picked up in the RAF. My surname is Osborne, hence Oz. Another guy who had the surname Osmand arrives on the same Squadron, also nicknamed Oz... To differentiate, a couple of mates started calling me Ozmosis. It stuck ever since lol!

Reactions: Audi Bairn, Rob Avant, Sandra and 6 others
Mine is just my numberplate which my GF purchased for a birthday.

Reactions: Audi Bairn, Kayobong, 45bvtc and 2 others
Hey folks - A daft question but maybe interesting - How or why have you chosen your user name?
I'll go first - Boffin486 - I'm a techie person, spent my whole life building/fixing/adapting/overcoming things Electrical, mechanical, House repairs, in fact most anything really.
I used to work fixing Car stereos/Home HiFis/PCs etc and my colleague & I were just referred to as 'The Boffins'.
Name stuck so use it as user name along with part of the registration number of my Much modified Capri that I had when I was a (ahem) :whistle2: younger man. Theres a couple of pics of that car in my gallery.
Fairly straightforward as you can see so, have at it folks!

Well.

Basically, me and the lady friend were walking about Helmsley a few years back and I said I'd like a dog. A big dog. A big, handsome Weimaraner and it'd need a pretty solid name.

I said "Imagine being in the park on a Sunday morning and shouting 'Thundercliffe!?'...how good would that be?"

Oh. And I was born in 81.

Fin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Audi Bairn, Rob Avant, martin1984 and 6 others
In my Teens I was a big fan of Public Enemy. One of their "crew" was a chap called Terminator X. On the basis it was unusual I thought I'd have no trouble with anyone else using it as a username ;)

TX.

I knew it!

Reactions: Terminator x
Well.

Basically, me and the lady friend were walking about Helmsley a few years back and I said I'd like a dog. A big dog. A big, handsome Weimaraner and it'd need a pretty solid name.

I said "Imagine being in the park on a Sunday morning and shouting 'Thundercliffe!?'...how good would that be?"

Oh. And I was born in 81.

Fin.

And the 81? Age perhaps ;)

TX.

Reactions: Thundercliffe81
Mine's a nickname I picked up in the RAF. My surname is Osborne, hence Oz. Another guy who had the surname Osmand arrives on the same Squadron, also nicknamed Oz... To differentiate, a couple of mates started calling me Ozmosis. It stuck ever since lol!

Standard.

Reactions: Ghost and Ozmosis
And the 81? Age perhaps ;)

TX.

Edited. Haha. My bones feel 81 but it's just the year fortunately. Well, depends how you look at it haha.

Reactions: Audi Bairn, 45bvtc and Terminator x
Rather be Ozmosis than Thrush eh?! LOL Yes we had a few Thrush's, Exocet's etc...!

Why was the word 'Thrush' not scored out in your post? I thought the ASN algorithm would automatically make it T*****.

Honking!!

Reactions: Ozmosis and Sandra
Mine is just my numberplate which my GF purchased for a birthday.

I thought that. But I also thought it couldn't be that simple

Reactions: A12RNX and Sandra
Why was the word 'Thrush' not scored out in your post? I thought the ASN algorithm would automatically make it T*****.

Honking!!

Pretty sure there's a bird with the same name...!

Reactions: Thundercliffe81
20170706 204517
LEEVR my first name is Lee and my previous 8P RS3 ended on EVR so I made LEEVR. stuck with it with the S3 8V.

Reactions: Audi Bairn, 45bvtc and Thundercliffe81
Mines pretty eventless, Jake with a diesel, just wanted to be on the forum and didn't give it much thought.

Reactions: Audi Bairn, Rob Avant, martin1984 and 2 others

TX.

I thought you were an arnie fan and just signing of with a kiss ha

Reactions: Terminator x
Mines pretty eventless, Jake with a diesel, just wanted to be on the forum and didn't give it much thought.

Still sound like a WWF Wrestler though

Reactions: DieselJake
Some Japanese bloke logged into one of my accounts on a game service, he renamed my account to Kayobong so I decided to take his name and renamed all my accounts to Kayobong.

Reactions: Audi Bairn, 45bvtc, Terminator x and 2 others
Some Japanese bloke logged into one of my accounts on a game service, he renamed my account to Kayobong so I decided to take his name and renamed all my accounts to Kayobong.

That's brilliant.

Reactions: Kayobong
No effort with mine unfortunately... I’m Rob with an avant. Probably should’ve thought of something more interesting lol

My name is Oli. .Well Oliver.. And then I made up some numbers over a decade ago.

:sleeping:

I build the carbon fiber clad race cars you see on TV & my name is Mike.

Reactions: Audi Bairn, 45bvtc, Charlie Farley and 1 other person
Any connection with a big racing company in woking by some chance.....

Not lately no. Im currently working away from home, so up in Milton Keynes right now.

I run my own business and work freelance as a subcontractor. Worked across Europe but mostly now stay in the UK.

Done alot of prototype automotive and defense stuff too. Body armour, racing yachts, aviation and even satellite components.

Reactions: Audi Bairn
ok, just wondered .
So you're the man to see about carbon fabricating , I have a project lined up that need's a person that knows all about the weave stuff.

My workshops been mothballed for maybe 5yrs now lol doesnt pay enough to produce my own products small scale from home anymore.