Original Audi number plate LED's that fit the A3 8P - plug & play!

Hmm, now I wonder if this would sort out the DIS message I have with the ebay LED lights I installed (which were supposed to work from 2003-present, but kicked up the bulb out error on my 2010). :uhm:

Hmm, now I wonder if this would sort out the DIS message I have with the ebay LED lights I installed (which were supposed to work from 2003-present, but kicked up the bulb out error on my 2010). :uhm:

Im gonna plug my VCDS in and see if this coding woks with non-OEM ones aka eBay.

Just checked and I have no bit 7 available, unless it only shows with the OEM modules? Can you confirm Lala?

VCDS_SS.jpg

I have some on order from TPS which will be here in the morning.

Last edited:
yes I write before to ross-tech no open this bit, and only see 6

if you have BCM SW 651...

send me your log and I make good coding to work

Ok...

Changed the FE to 7E, cleared the fault codes and will monitor. Bearing in mind these are aftermarket ones.

Lala... Do you know what this bit does exactly? Will it affect anyhing else apart from the license plate holders? Don't want a blown brake light and not know about it.

Cheers fella.

this is bit only for LED number plate

your code bite 17 is like my FE

I have a problem. My car is a MY11 and at for the byte 17 I only see 6 checkboxes and in my long coding I have 1E and not FE or 7E. How can I solve the problem ?
Thanks

in your video you get the error out on cold diagnostic, to my knoledge that mean when you turn the igniction on it does a check, so what does the error happen while you are driving as it does its checks as that would be warm diagnostics?

i have done coding on BMW's and when you turn the diagnostics out if the bulb was to blow it wouldnt even tell you anymore.

is this the case in this coding?

Trups

I have a problem. My car is a MY11 and at for the byte 17 I only see 6 checkboxes and in my long coding I have 1E and not FE or 7E. How can I solve the problem ?
Thanks

I make code after and post hear

Lala30 - legend!

Just to inform people, works on MY12 by changing the byte 17 bit 7 as mentioned in this thread

Led lamps work, and no error on DIS.

Finally OEM LED lamps! Thank you very much.

Btw I had to bend the contacts so they would sit higher, as when I first installed them, they didn't work.

Reactions: S.
yes, those contacts are short. be sure that the bend sits nicely on cars contacts and screw it in tightly.

lala30 saves the day :D

Lala30 - legend!

Just to inform people, works on MY12 by changing the byte 17 bit 7 as mentioned in this thread

Led lamps work, and no error on DIS.

Finally OEM LED lamps! Thank you very much.

Btw I had to bend the contacts so they would sit higher, as when I first installed them, they didn't work.

What part number did you order buddy? Got mine from TPS today and it had no lugs, just a connector. Bit bizarre.

---

I can also confirm it works with aftermarket LED lights!

Lala, I only have six options on in byte 17 , the long coding that i have is 76. how do I change??

What part number did you order buddy? Got mine from TPS today and it had no lugs, just a connector. Bit bizarre.

---

I can also confirm it works with aftermarket LED lights!

The ones listed at the start of this thread. Can't be ***** to check, but something like 4H0943021/2

The ones listed at the start of this thread. Can't be ***** to check, but something like 4H0943021/2

My Stoke Audi order:
Audi A5 LED number plate light (Left)
4H09430211£10.01 UKL£10.01 UKL
Audi A5 LED number plate light (Right)
4H09430221£10.01 UKL£10.01 UKL
Subtotal:£20.02 UKL
Shipping:£3.90 UKL
Grand Total:£23.92 UKL
VAT Included in Total:£3.99 UKL

Well done guys, this is great news.

Now, can someone please do a write up of the changes that need to be made?
The information is all over the shop and confusing.

Well done guys, this is great news.
Now, can someone please do a write up of the changes that need to be made?
The information is all over the shop and confusing.

I have allready those OEM LED lights and they give an error. I need also clear instructions.

fitted mine today on a 54 plate a3 tdi works a dream.

hi guys,

i wanting to get a pairof these audi LED lamps for my 2011 A3 Black Editon and wondering if any one is near Carlisle UK who could code in my LED lamps???

Cheers

just wanting to know on vcds where to go and what to do. goona ask and ex techy i know to code these lamps up. just thought if i know what im doing can explain better to him and tell him what he needs to do if he doesnt know??

Confirmed fitted and working without error on MY2008 A6 (prefacelift)

Bought from Kelvin_S due to one of them not working in his A3 - but weirdly both worked in my A6 :)

Will provide a night shot later ;)

Anyway heres the pics

a73e8108.jpg

9365e897.jpg

d0e91367.jpg

So do we have more feedback for 2010+ cars?

Reactions: L1ARR
Yes I posted and confirmed that they work in my MY12 car with the appropriate long coding in CE 09.

Now I feel rather silly :think:glad they worked for you though :thumbsup:

Not sure why they didn't work in your car, I didn't even adjust the pins either just put them straight in and both lit up.

Thanks anyway ;)

Is it possible for someone to give me clear instructions, how can I get these OEM LEDs to operate without the fault codes? Thanks...
My car is 2011 RS3.

Is it possible for someone to give me clear instructions, how can I get these OEM LEDs to operate without the fault codes? Thanks...
My car is 2011 RS3.

Read back a couple of pages and you will see as long as you have vcds.

Now I feel rather silly :think:glad they worked for you though :thumbsup:

Can you remember what part numbers you ordered bud. I ordered some for my A6 and it came with these weird connector blocks and not the metal pins like my A3 has (I have aftermarket on my A3 and as its a work car they can't be that bright).

Ta

Can you remember what part numbers you ordered bud. I ordered some for my A6 and it came with these weird connector blocks and not the metal pins like my A3 has (I have aftermarket on my A3 and as its a work car they can't be that bright).

Ta

I will pm if you want and I can send you night shots as I don't want my full reg online ;)