Ordering the RS3 from Germany & base spec price?

Ashbrummy

Reaction score
I've been thinking of ordering the RS3 directly from Germany and have it delivered over. I am guessing it would be out of the question if you are not a outright cash buyer? The reason why I ask this is before many people use to order new cars over here from Germany because of the savings, I know it seems things have changed a bit as the savings are not as great.

Another thing is would anyone know what's the base price for the RS3 in Germany, it seems a good couple of k more than compared to the price in the UK. Shouldn't it be even cheaper due to the weakend value in the euro compared to the pound?

VAT in Germany and UK are near enough the same in %.

I think Audi and a lot of the car makers are taking the ****, a lot of the options on the de. configuration are A LOT cheaper, exclusive paint is 2300 euros which converts to 1600 and something so why it £2500 over here, such options are not affecting the transportation costs so why the massive difference in cost?!

This is nothing new of course but worth complaining about to the relevant courts about it so things are changed?!

Reactions: RGBARGEE
Get the train to Germany and drive it back :tonguewink:

TX.

Reactions: Ashbrummy
LHD vs RHD - far more are built to drive on the 'wrong' side of the road so we pay the price with higher costs due to lower volumes.

LHD vs RHD - far more are built to drive on the 'wrong' side of the road so we pay the price with higher costs due to lower volumes.

You could say it's discriminating though.. It's not right that you have to pay a few k extra for a car just because the car is RHD and has lower production levels, it should be either same price as in Germany or don't sell it at all in my opinion.

Discrimination? It's a car, not a gay rights issue.

Reactions: DommyR and theaudiman
I think you'll find Brummy that it is more to do with exchange rates, import taxes and VAT than anything else. The RS3 is a fair bit more expensive in Poland than in Germany and the UK, and we're LHD so the argument doesn't work.

You need to remember too that shipping fees to the UK will add to the cost.

Yes I guess it would be possible to order the car in Germany but them you would have to personally pay for import taxes/VAT once you enter the UK, then get it checked through the MOT network etc etc. Trust me, I looked into it for importing from Germany to Poland and it worked out exactly the same price as the Polish Audi dealers...

I do think you can still collect the car in Germany though even if you order in the uk?
My dads friend did with the R8. I'm not sure if this is the case on RS models?

I did a conversion at 1 Euro .35 and not enough difference to make it worth it. Also 2 year warranty. I would love to collect from Germany though.. maybe?

You can do a tour of some sort aswell...

A German dealer can order a UK car for you (i.e. RHD) - I did that with my B5 S4 over a decade ago. However then it was really worth it and I saved about £9K over a UK dealer price. This was partly since the German prices were lower and partly because of the currency rate. Are you really sure that the German list price for an RS3 is lower than UK? When I was looking into buying my S5 I checked again and I'm sure that the German price was higher than UK.

Can you negotiate discounts from German dealers? List price at 1.35 Euro/£1 is only 4-5 % less than uk... However we are being ripped off for extras. Tit wheels uk £495 vs €300 . Pan roof £950 vs €1100 ... A few years back it was worth importing today it's so marginal I would rather but from a local dealer with whom I have a good relationship.

I'm pretty sure the base price for the rs3 in Germany is cheaper than it is in the UK. I guess we will only know when someone has a side by side comparison on the cost between the two.

It is Ash € 52,000 or about £38,500 but no 3 year warranty and different spec. Take a look at the configurator on Audi.de and Audi.fr

It is Ash € 52,000 or about £38,500 but no 3 year warranty and different spec. Take a look at the configurator on Audi.de and Audi.fr

Sweet, so I guess it isn't worth the hassle then in the end. When I do order again, I'm going to see if mine can be collected at the factory in Germany and make a weekend of it, German beer, German hotdogs and so on.

Sweet, so I guess it isn't worth the hassle then in the end. When I do order again, I'm going to see if mine can be collected at the factory in Germany and make a weekend of it, German beer, German hotdogs and so on.
No one has actually confirmed a german pick up is possible or have I missed it?