Ordering help.

Tom Watkins

Reaction score
Been looking at placing an order for a new A4 (audi code A6EP6Y7R) to be more specific for a few months now always liked the look of the A4 and seeing a few on the road and driving and being in a friends courtesy sport ultra 2.0 tdi avant i decided this was going to be the next car for me.

I went on carwow to see what all the fuss was about as i had heard great things and sure enough shortly after building the car to the spec i wanted, i started receiving offers including some with 17% off, my local dealer Norwich Audi was one of the worst offers but still a respectable 13.8% off when taking out finance, i decided to email them and book an appointment to get some finance quotes etc etc. I turned up at 14:00 and wasnt really sure who i was going to see as about 5 people had replied to each email i sent, long story short I turned up no one knew who i was, who the people in the emails were, a grumpy elderly salesman decided to grace me with his presence, asked a few questions but generally seemed like he had better things to be doing than trying to sell me a car....went away to see if they could get match the quotes from carwow (including their own) came back 15 minutes later said he couldnt even get close to these quotes, told me to order elsewhere, thanked me for my time and walked off!!!

Now i never would of ordered from them anyway as i have had nothing but bad experiences from the Robinsons group but my question is are the carwow quotes actually genuine? i really dont have the time to be messing around with other carwow deals that turn out to be nothing! Also if you have any other dealers/ places to order from that you can recommend that would be great.

Thanks for your patience/replies :relaxed:

I bought through carwow and collected last week, the process was easy and everything worked out exactly as quoted. I can only comment on the one purchase I made and the dealer involved; who was fine.

My experience of going into the local dealer was very similar to yours, they were uninterested and unhelpful. Based on that experience I wouldn't have bought from them even if the matched the other quotes, though in fact their best effort was £6.5k more than the carwow quote.

Been looking at placing an order for a new A4 (audi code A6EP6Y7R) to be more specific for a few months now always liked the look of the A4 and seeing a few on the road and driving and being in a friends courtesy sport ultra 2.0 tdi avant i decided this was going to be the next car for me.

I went on carwow to see what all the fuss was about as i had heard great things and sure enough shortly after building the car to the spec i wanted, i started receiving offers including some with 17% off, my local dealer Norwich Audi was one of the worst offers but still a respectable 13.8% off when taking out finance, i decided to email them and book an appointment to get some finance quotes etc etc. I turned up at 14:00 and wasnt really sure who i was going to see as about 5 people had replied to each email i sent, long story short I turned up no one knew who i was, who the people in the emails were, a grumpy elderly salesman decided to grace me with his presence, asked a few questions but generally seemed like he had better things to be doing than trying to sell me a car....went away to see if they could get match the quotes from carwow (including their own) came back 15 minutes later said he couldnt even get close to these quotes, told me to order elsewhere, thanked me for my time and walked off!!!

Now i never would of ordered from them anyway as i have had nothing but bad experiences from the Robinsons group but my question is are the carwow quotes actually genuine? i really dont have the time to be messing around with other carwow deals that turn out to be nothing! Also if you have any other dealers/ places to order from that you can recommend that would be great.

I have ordered two cars through carwow from different dealers, and make of car, around the same time and I got to speak to the salepersons who gave me quote on the site. So yes they were genuine and they were both interested in reaching a deal for my current A4 and my daughters Seat at the prices quoted...

Obviously different dealers different experience (isn't that the usual way though!). I received 5 quotes yesterday from around the country. I sent a message to the closest dealer. After 20 hours...no reply!
First venture with CARWOW...probably the last.

I used Orange Wheels to price up my S7 (I used a few including CarWow, but OW came out top on price)

Took the OW print out to my local dealer and they matched it within 24 hours.

I've used Orangewheels twice now and have to say they have done good both times.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Obviously different dealers different experience (isn't that the usual way though!). I received 5 quotes yesterday from around the country. I sent a message to the closest dealer. After 20 hours...no reply!
First venture with CARWOW...probably the last.
Its not carwow's responsibilty for the dealerships behaviour though, however I am sure they'd be interested in your experience if you bothered to tell them. They are only an intermediary between you and the dealership and it works very well as you remain hidden from them until you decide to contact them directly. You are not buying cars from Carwow, unlike other internet brokers.

Personally can't speak highly enough of Carwow, albeit only had the one ordering experience and still to get the car, but so far so good. Originally used Orangewheels and got a great deal but dealer was 250 miles away. Put details into CW and although deal wasn't quite as good the dealer was only 40 miles away and as it turned out the finance was cheaper (higher GFV). Gave local garage chance to match it but couldn't get within £1000's of CW deal. All sorted and paperwork signed on line within 24 hours. Very impressed.

I found Carwow a superb tool. Some people like to spend the afternoon in a dealership thrashing out a deal. Sod that. I like to know what's on offer before I go. Each to their own though.

At the very least they give you a bench mark on what to look for. For instance, if you look at say, Q5's F-pces etc you see the discounts are minimal at best.
A4's not so.

Reactions: duckduck and cuke2u
Suggest you complain to CarWow. You will then almost certainly receive a polite call from the dealer offering the same price they quoted through CarWow. CW have a lot of clout with the dealers / car companies. I've successfully used CW twice

I've had a great experience so far with CarWow.

My local dealers are all part of Sytner and one even said to me "what? Discount on anew model? "Then when I gave him the details of the deal I'd secured told me to "grab it with both hands" and ended the conversation there!

I've got a deal I'm happy with and only one week before my car gets collected :D. From the dealings so far, very happy.

Try our car quote system from a main dealer, it's worth a try.

http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/quote-requests/open

I recently ordered my new A4 and started off by getting quotes through Car Wow. Was amazed at the prices coming through and all of them from authorised dealers.

I then took a quote from one dealer and spoke to another dealer I'd test drove with a few months back.

We eventually managed to agree on a package that was even better than Car Wow and I signed the agreement there and then.

Basically, what I'm saying is that Car Wow can either be a great way to get a quote that your happy with and want to go with or it's a good starting tool to see if you can better it with another dealer. I can't see any down side to using these sites to start the negotiation process with local dealers.

I've used carwow twice.

I used carwow to get my A4 from Coventry Audi with 15.8% off retail price. Dealer behaviour isn't carwow's fault and they ask for feedback from you on the experience.

I also used a quote from Newton Abbot VW to get money off at Milton Keynes VW to get my wife's Golf (they beat the price).

I'd advise you speak to the dealer/contact prior to going in to save you the trip and to check they are genuinely going to honour the quote.

I used carwow and get got me in touch with Coventry Audi who were top notch throughout

Coventry audi came out the cheapest when I have obtained quotes through carwow followed by maidstone audi, who were my choice as they were the closest of all quotes to where I live..

Last edited:
I used carwow to get my price initially, went to the dealers and asked them to quote on an identical spec.
When the salesman came back with the price I told them about the carwow quote and the salesman went off and brought his patronising manager back who demanded to see the quote - it only had his name and details against it!
I chuckle still about that moment

Reactions: Mike north east and pierreluigi88