Ordering an RS3

XPOWER

Reaction score
This is my first post in the RS3 section after deliberating for months on which car I should replace my 2007 S3.
You may have seen my general post on the 8v forum regarding waiting for an updated version or just order it now.

Well I’ve decided I should order the current model. The dealers have one currently on their order books which is still available to customise which has a build week around February so it isn’t too long a wait. There I’ve booked myself an appointment with the sales person tomorrow hopefully with the prospect of ordering it.

I know there is zero chance of any discount even with selecting options so there probably not much point in stressing myself out trying for one.

The spec I was looking at was as follows:-

• RS 3 Sportback £39,955.00
  • Catalunya red, metallic £550.00
  • Technology package featuring Audi Connect £1,795.00
  • Dynamic package £1,495.00
  • Privacy glass £290.00
  • Folding Door mirrors £150.00
  • Hold assist. £90.00
  • Reversing camera £275.00
  • Super Sports seats £795.00

Total Price £45,395.00

I might not bother with the Super Sports Seats and Privacy Glass and save myself over £1,000 see how I feel.

It’s a lot of money for a hatch back and couple of years ago houses were those prices. At the end of the day it’s something I’ve saved up for and I only live once.

So all being well tomorrow I will say I’ve put my deposit down and will be adding to the order list topic.

Reactions: Deze2014 and Sandra
Live for the moment as who knows what waits just around the corner! Dynamic pack :sign yum:

TX.

Atleast try for a discount even if its very little! The SS seats are nice to look at but I personally don't think they're worth the £800. Other than that the rest of the spec is great, Dynamic pack is must! :D

Reactions: GRE57Y
Atleast try for a discount even if its very little! The SS seats are nice to look at but I personally don't think they're worth the £800. Other than that the rest of the spec is great, Dynamic pack is must! :D

I will ask for a discount but sales people are so arrogant they have the opinion that if you want the car buy it then. They are not there to sell cars but to make money so if they wont sell two cars at a discount but sell one at full price they are happy.
After looking at the YouTube videos especially Paul Wallace's Supercars of London the RS3 is about the theatre of driving the car is the appeal of it and not just the strait performance of 0-60 or quoted max speed but the noise and they way it looks and how it make someone feels.

I think that gets lost with track times and fact and figures that some magazines do when they review a cars and then try and compare it with other makes and models.

Which Audi dealer? Lots are saying BW Feb which is interesting..
If you do order you can track your cars progress on the "your Audi beta"
Nice spec I've opted for Catalunya as-well.

Which Audi dealer? Lots are saying BW Feb which is interesting..
If you do order you can track your cars progress on the "your Audi beta"
Nice spec I've opted for Catalunya as-well.

I wont say the dealer's name at the moment as my initial meeting with the sales person didn't go too well with me.
He might be better after he knows there is a sale at the end of it.

I don't know how the tracking works if the dealer has ordered it under their name first. I guess the will give me their order number.
The dealer has another three on order.
I'm surprised they are not putting "jump the queue" premium on these orders. They missed a trick there. lol

The only concern about Catalunya red is the orange look it has under some lighting but I really want red this time after two previous cars being silver. I've only owned 3 cars in 21 years so I need a change.

Fair enough.
Yes you will need the order # to track the cars progress...
Yes apparently in some light the car can look orange... But I've ordered this colour and not actually seen it in the flesh.
I've also seen photos where it has a real deep shade of red.
I love sepang but my current s3 is blue so fancied a change.

I feel your pain. I've had my order in for some time now and have only been told build week will be 14th March. Have they given you a potential date for your spec?

I feel your pain. I've had my order in for some time now and have only been told build week will be 14th March. Have they given you a potential date for your spec?

I'm guessing the dealer's ordered car has been on order for a while now.
I was told that the car on order was "high spec" what ever that means, so I guess my options shouldn't effect the BW too much.
Are RS3 built away from the main A3 production line to cause such delays?

If so It reminds me of the story of Ford with the mk1 Focus RS where it was build wrongly in the production line and then had to be manually changed because the production line wasn't designed for the special RS bits. That's the main reason the Focus RS was so costly for Ford to produce.

Reactions: 5pot
I haven't a clue but would be good to find more information about. Not sure what your dealer would think of me then as mines just over 55.5k my salesman was good at explaining the options. I need a beer now after putting that.

I haven't a clue but would be good to find more information about. Not sure what your dealer would think of me then as mines just over 55.5k my salesman was good at explaining the options. I need a beer now after putting that.
You must have ticked every box!

That's what I thought !
That'll be some spec'd motor

I assume so everything the salesman asked me I needed I didn't go for the coloured mirrors went for standard. And the double sided mat also the adaptive thing I don't trust a car braking for me. apart from that think that's it I didn't understand when he wanted to put a roof rack on and other things I think he must of thought I was born yesterday. It's the paint colour that made it really expensive to be honest. It's good to have all the luxurys of possible as I will run it into the ground.

You must have ticked every box!

It wasn't a matter of ticking boxes it was him explaining that I would need it. Never got the opportunity to look at the boxes just got told about them.

Sounds like a good salesman .
I'd have loved to have the option to do what you did mate .
Enjoy it, when it arrives .

It's always worth asking for discount or getting an option 'thrown in'. Worst case scenario you tell them no amd walk away. Once you know what you want you can explain to another dealer over the phone and ask them to call you back with a deal.
The hardest part is walking away when you want the car - and of course that's what they're counting on.
Add into the mix the fact that the BW can change like the wind and they may feel they're in a stronger position than they really are.

Sounds like a good salesman .
I'd have loved to have the option to do what you did mate .
Enjoy it, when it arrives .
Thanks Mole I'm really looking forward to it when is yours due?

It's always worth asking for discount or getting an option 'thrown in'. Worst case scenario you tell them no amd walk away. Once you know what you want you can explain to another dealer over the phone and ask them to call you back with a deal.
The hardest part is walking away when you want the car - and of course that's what they're counting on.
Add into the mix the fact that the BW can change like the wind and they may feel they're in a stronger position than they really are.

Thanks for your advice. The dealers weren't offering anything at the time but I'm lucky enough from what I have read that I have a build date with exclusive paint so that's a plus.

Thanks Mole I'm really looking forward to it when is yours due?
I'm tied into a Mercedes lease till may ,so no mad rush
ordered in July ( giving them plenty of time ) just warned them not to let me down , as I'll have given them nearly 10 months

I'm tied into a Mercedes lease till may ,so no mad rush
ordered in July ( giving them plenty of time ) just warned them not to let me down , as I'll have given them nearly 10 months

Audi are dragging their feet as My order was placed in June. And by the looks of it wont be here till later part of April if you build week doesn't a change.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441458004670000

Well after 3 1/2 hours I'm now the future owner of a car that is the same engine size as in a Land Rover Defender (2.5 I5) and has less power and torque as an engine that can also be found in a Ford Transit (3.5 Ecoboost).
Am I excited? YES!!!:yahoo:

I took a test drive in an A3 1.4 TFSI as a bench mark to see and A3 without the rose tinted specs of having power or high spec.

In all I was really happy. It was easy to drive and parking into tight space was good. So even if I opted for a basic model I would still feel it’s a good car to own.

As everyone’s experience there was almost no discount. I did try really hard but finally only got £500 off with a very poor trade in for my car. I’ll probably sell mine privately and get a few thousand more for it.

The sales man tried the “phone the manager” as he was out on a test drive with a client. Id did tell the sales person that they are usually on holiday when they have to phone him. So had to wait while (to wear me down) until the manager to return so our sales guy could try and negotiate with him. :blahblah1:
Strange when he returned we never saw him or his customer that he was on a test drive with. I was so tempted to ask meet this “manger” and come and apologies for keeping us waiting.

Here is my order specs:-
  • RS 3 Sportback £39,955.00
  • Y6 Catalunya red, metallic £550.00
  • QB Super Sports seats stitching in Crescendo red £795.00
  • WB3 Comfort and sound package £1,150.00
  • WB4 Technology package featuring Audi Connect £1,795.00
  • WB0 Dynamic package £1,495.00
  • VW1 Privacy glass £290.00
  • 6XE Door mirrors £150.00
  • UH2 Hold assist. £90.00
  • KA2 Reversing camera £275.00
  • Discount £545.00

Total £46,000.00

It's within my budget which I'm ok with and just happy I've managed to get something off when most people have nothing.
So that me done for now.
The wait is starting for my March 2016 pick-up. :racer:

Make sure you get your order number from them so you can track the progress :)

Make sure you get your order number from them so you can track the progress :)

They've given me their order number but I have to wait until it's assigned to my postcode as the dealer's postcode doesn't bring anything up.
Can't believe I've finally bough the car I wanted 8 years ago but Audi said they would never build one.

They've given me their order number but I have to wait until it's assigned to my postcode as the dealer's postcode doesn't bring anything up.
Can't believe I've finally bough the car I wanted 8 years ago but Audi said they would never build one.

Mine took around 3 weeks to show up on youraudi

It's great hearing about the initial stages of purchasing and the decisions/thought processes that surround those events.

I drove the RS 3 for the first time today, and it delivered in spades. Didn't have the mag ride or sports exhaust so now I have to find a demo that does to draw the comparison. I was surprised though that the standard set up was comfortable and with a nice sound in dynamic.

I hope to be posting the "I've ordered one" news well before Christmas...

Reactions: 5pot and RYuill
Waiting for an Audi Sport event run by the local dealer this weekend to have my second (and hopefully longer drive) of the RS 3.

Unfortunately the time spent waiting means I look at differing ways to buy this amazing car. Has anyone looked at broker sites? I did a search on one that told me I could get £800+ taken off a new order (cash or finance) and the site even gave me the name of the dealer.

I'm synical enough to not believe everything the web tells me, so thought I would see if anyone has their own take on this? My previous life selling new and used cars means I almost relish the challenge of getting the best deal...

Happy hunting :)

Waiting for an Audi Sport event run by the local dealer this weekend to have my second (and hopefully longer drive) of the RS 3.

Unfortunately the time spent waiting means I look at differing ways to buy this amazing car. Has anyone looked at broker sites? I did a search on one that told me I could get £800+ taken off a new order (cash or finance) and the site even gave me the name of the dealer.

I'm synical enough to not believe everything the web tells me, so thought I would see if anyone has their own take on this? My previous life selling new and used cars means I almost relish the challenge of getting the best deal...

Happy hunting :)
I got £2200 off the price of mine end of July through Carfile.....I think most discounts have finished now though.

Reactions: RGBARGEE
It's great hearing about the initial stages of purchasing and the decisions/thought processes that surround those events.

I drove the RS 3 for the first time today, and it delivered in spades. Didn't have the mag ride or sports exhaust so now I have to find a demo that does to draw the comparison. I was surprised though that the standard set up was comfortable and with a nice sound in dynamic.

I hope to be posting the "I've ordered one" news well before Christmas...

That's good news R&G. I have ordered without Mag ride and noisy exhaust as the Bristol demo has. I think the exhaust would get tiresome in a daily driver. The ride with Mag ride was excellent but no side by side comparison. My 2014 S3 has normal set up and is fine but only 18in wheels. What is your current car?
Got a reasonable discount too but would like 10%!!

Hi guys, I have standard suspension on my RS3 and on poor Polish roads it is just fine. Almost 2,500km of driving and I'm really happy with standard suspension. I don't regret not ordering Mag Ride to be honest. As for sports exhaust, I recommend to tick the box, in comfort it is really quiet around 140-150 km/h on motorway.

Reactions: Ashbrummy and RGBARGEE
Thanks for the suspension advice... I don't think we can just have sports exhaust in UK marcinj. We are only allowed to do 110kmph on our motorways :)

Ah, right. You can only order Dynamic Pack. Sorry :)

Reactions: RGBARGEE
My order number now works in myAudi but only tells me the order has been received, I presume details of build date follow later.

Here is my order spec:-
  • RS 3 Sportback
  • Mythos Black, metallic
  • Sports seats stitching in Crescendo red
  • Comfort and sound package
  • WB4 Technology package featuring Audi Connect
  • Privacy glass
  • Folding Door mirrors
  • Hold assist.
  • Reversing camera
  • Black exterior pack
  • Black roof bars
  • Boot mat
  • Through load
  • Titanium wheels
  • 5 year warranty

Reactions: Tom P and RYuill
My order number now works in myAudi but only tells me the order has been received, I presume details of build date follow later.

Here is my order spec:-
  • RS 3 Sportback
  • Mythos Black, metallic
  • Sports seats stitching in Crescendo red
  • Comfort and sound package
  • WB4 Technology package featuring Audi Connect
  • Privacy glass
  • Folding Door mirrors
  • Hold assist.
  • Panoramic Roof too!!
  • Reversing camera
  • Black exterior pack
  • Black roof bars
  • Boot mat
  • Through load
  • Titanium wheels
  • 5 year warranty

Deze the Pan Roof isn't under a pack option.

In brochure Page 52 order code 3FB £950 or less than £900 with discount. And you get some extra RV when you sell. Only just over £800 in Euros on German cars. Just spec'd mine in audi.de and it's cheaper than UK at £1 = 1.35Euros. Base price similar extras loads cheaper £495 Tit alloys in UK only 300 Euros...(less than half price!) Come on Audi stop ripping us off!

Last edited:
That's good news R&G. I have ordered without Mag ride and noisy exhaust as the Bristol demo has. I think the exhaust would get tiresome in a daily driver. The ride with Mag ride was excellent but no side by side comparison. My 2014 S3 has normal set up and is fine but only 18in wheels. What is your current car?
Got a reasonable discount too but would like 10%!!

I've got an A3 Black Edition 2.0TDi in Ibis White, quite a step up but even my Mum is telling me "you only live once" and "you never know what is around the next corner" - might just have to listen to her!!

Reactions: AD & DK - Jones and Deze2014
The BE 8P was a great car. Missus had quattro 170 for 3 years. The 8v is even better I think.