S3 Sportback
Black silk nappa leather
S-Tronic
Mag ride suspension
Electric Lumbar support
Light pack
Bose
18x7.5 5-arm wheels

Colour not yet decided (between deepsea blue or sprint blue)

Build week 45, for delivery mid Dec.

Nice one - look forward to hearing about that when it arrives.
I think Deep Sea Blue would look awesome on the sportback....

S-Tronic!??

According to Audi it's not available yet.

Is that a definite Jo? Is that why your delivery date is December?

S-tronic? You sure about that? Are they ordering 3 door S3s in S-tronic as well?

Nice spec but why did you go for the 5 arm over the 'S' wheels? Its a bit common isnt it?

My A3 SE Sportback in Deep Sea Blue should be arriving any day now..... I thought from the brochure the paint was awful... Buut seeing one on the dealership forecourt its sex on legs.... eeeerr OK over reaction there I think...

My A3 SE Sportback in Deep Sea Blue should be arriving any day now..... I thought from the brochure the paint was awful... Buut seeing one on the dealership forecourt its sex on legs.... eeeerr OK over reaction there I think...

Placing order for my wife's Sportback in July - having the 2.0TDI 170bhp SE with S-Tronic for delivery December 2008 and OTR January 2009. I too like the Deep Sea Blue but, whereas the current Deep Sea Blue has the option of Dark Blue interior, the face lift doesn't. I'm also disappointed with the choice of seat fabric, it appears to be the same as the standard seat unless you know differently (the reason I'm asking). Good luck to all awaiting their new babies.

S-Tronic!??

According to Audi it's not available yet.

Is that a definite Jo? Is that why your delivery date is December?

According to the dealer the factory is scheduling s-tronic production beginning in week 45 - hence the delivery date. He assured me that the production slot is booked on the computer and has taken the deposit....

Placing order for my wife's Sportback in July - having the 2.0TDI 170bhp SE with S-Tronic for delivery December 2008 and OTR January 2009. I too like the Deep Sea Blue but, whereas the current Deep Sea Blue has the option of Dark Blue interior, the face lift doesn't. I'm also disappointed with the choice of seat fabric, it appears to be the same as the standard seat unless you know differently (the reason I'm asking). Good luck to all awaiting their new babies.

I have opted for the Black cloth interior... Just didn't fancy the blue. Mine will be a 140bhp TDI with S-Tronic but looking forward to getting it anyway.. Just waiting on the Ship arriving... If you want a look at mine when it arrives let me know.... If your anywhere near where I go.. or Live.

Nice order Jo! Looking forward to seeing a S3 Sportback in the flesh at my local dealer when they become available. Colour wise, could I tempt you into the high maintenance Phantom Black? Pain to keep clean but looks gorgeous when it is! Though I guess having an A3 Sportback in Brilliant Black already, you fancy a change....

Deep Sea Blue looks very boring unless its kept totally spotless. As soon as it gets a bit dirty it just looks like a flat blue.

Red would look good

Having suffered the problems of keeping a solid colour swirl-free, I determined to have a metallic finish next time.

I think the Sprint is probably the best option (sods won't let me have Mauritious Blue which is my favourite), but I'm not going to decide until I have seen the Deep Sea in 'the flesh'.

jo where are you in this pleasent land....

As when I get mine if you are near any of my work venues I could meet up so you can see it.

Did you manage to get much discount I am being offered between 8 & 10% discount on a S3

No it won't - DSG is the enemy of performance driving. Its the major reason I got rid of my last car (A3 3.2) and chose one without it (S3). I'll buy another DSG when I get sick of driving for the thrill of it and just want to get from A to B.

Don't see why that should be the case. Leave it in manual and change with the paddles. Just saves time and clutch effort.

Its not fully manual - it changes up for you even in "M" or "S" mode if it thinks the revs are getting bit high. Its nothing like a manual and the paddles do NOT give the driver control in the way they do in other paddleshift systems. Nor does the system blip the throttle on downshifts so you UNAVOIDABLY lose power when cornering - no opportunity to heel and toe as you can in a manual.

Its a nice way to drive round the city - but its not for performance enthusiasts that's all I'm saying.

Nor does the system blip the throttle on downshifts so you UNAVOIDABLY lose power when cornering - no opportunity to heel and toe as you can in a manual.
yes it does... unless s-tronic differs to the dsg in our mkv gti...

Could well be different then - mine was in an "04" plate soon after DSG was released.

Unless VW do something different with the ECU which Audi don't do ?

My 06 plate dsg R32 blipped on downchanges too. I think an S3 with that box will be awesome and will order one once audi sort out the specs etc.....