Ordered Some Non-LED Super White Bulbs For A3/S3 2010+ Number Plate Lights

Seems so, and much cheaper than I expected. Will see if there is any import duties to pay, but on an item costing less than $15????? Can't be much.

You won't have any import duty to pay on them, Warren. They'll come straight to you. :wub: xx

Thanks Paulie.
These look great and I have just ordered a set!

I changed my Fog Lights to a Xenon match Halogen too.
LEDs would have been great but happy with the finished product.
You can see the small blue from the tip of the globe.
Would have ordered your recommendations if I had of seen them prior.

Great stuff Fella, I think you'll be very happy with them when you get them fitted. They look SO much better than the OE plate lights. :wub: xx

Hi Paullie,

Just sent you a PM let me know if you get it ok.

Mine have been dispatched!!! Can't wait!!!

I've just received an email from the US company saying my Polarg Invoice has been processed, then I got an email 2 minutes later saying the bulbs are on long back order and they've been cancelled and I've been refunded.

***, this week it's been 0 steps forward and about 5 back (cracked spacer, wheel wobble, no bulbs, yellow Osram fog lights, couldn't get car mapped as guy who does it was ill).

Now to find another supplier!

Wtf!

I haven't had no email to say they're on back order. As yet!

I ordered from the same company (buyheadlightbulbs.com) on Sunday evening and mine were dispatched last night complete with tracking number, this thread has made them sell out lol!

Hi :)

Just a couple of questions!

A couple of months ago, I changed my number plate bulbs to Canbus LED's - Which throw up a error message! There also too bright and light up the floor a little bit (Very eye catchy) therefore before i order, are they really bright and give off a lot more light?

Secondly, my fog lights look yellow in comparison to the xenons - Which in my opinion looks shocking! Is there anyway I could change these, so there much whiter - but legal avoiding the chavy blue bulb?

Hi :)

Just a couple of questions!

A couple of months ago, I changed my number plate bulbs to Canbus LED's - Which throw up a error message! There also too bright and light up the floor a little bit (Very eye catchy) therefore before i order, are they really bright and give off a lot more light?

Secondly, my fog lights look yellow in comparison to the xenons - Which in my opinion looks shocking! Is there anyway I could change these, so there much whiter - but legal avoiding the chavy blue bulb?

GP Thunder 8500k and 7500k (im using 7500k)

IMG_1723 (Large).JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: MattyW19 and Paullie
Sorry to hear some of you have had your orders cancelled for these :(. There appear to be some other online suppliers, but they are all in the US and the postage charges are astronomical ($36 for 2 tiny bulbs!!).

Autodynamic.com

Matrix Racing- Euro Altezza Tail Lights, Clear Projector Headlights, Auto Accessories, and Performance Parts for Cars & Trucks (£36.75 for bulbs, including shipping)

There is also the other option to order Hoen Xenonmatch Halogen C5W bulbs, which are essentially the same thing and once again lots of VAG owners in the US rate these very highly for use in their number plate lights. I believe these can only be ordered direct from Hoen, they cost £13.32 per pair plus postage (you have to register to find out how much postage costs).

https://www.2checkout.com/checkout/purchase

Sorry for being the cause of the shortage in these bulbs, guys :wub: xx

i managed to strip one of the screws so I am driving around with this "hybrid solution" atm

Duuurty car :(

i.php

Aww Grimp, the same thing happened to me, first time I swapped out the plate light bulbs. The screws Audi supply seem to be made of chocolate and if you even point a screwdriver at them they strip all by themselves, lol! I had to drill out the whole unit using a Dremel multi tool, ..was a PITA of a job!! I bought some M3 15mm hex headed screws in the end to make sure the same thing would never happen again. Unfortuantely Audi don't sell the screws separately from the light units, ..think I paid around £11 for a replacement unit. :wub: xx

Z216 HPI BUTTON HEAD SCREW M3X15MM (HEX SOCKET/ | eBay

Aww Grimp, the same thing happened to me, first time I swapped out the plate light bulbs. The screws Audi supply seem to be made of chocolate and if you even point a screwdriver at them they strip all by themselves, lol! I had to drill out the whole unit using a Dremel multi tool, ..was a PITA of a job!! I bought some M3 15mm hex headed screws in the end to make sure the same thing would never happen again. Unfortuantely Audi don't sell the screws separately from the light units, ..think I paid around £11 for a replacement unit. :wub: xx

Same happened to me, replaced both units in the end. The screws are ****e!

Jupp they are exactly the same, guess its just easyer to tell since i got a white car and and not yellow plates :)

Hey guys,

Good news. Through some contacts at work I have managed to get hold of the manufacturer of this product. I am inquiring about getting some sent to the UK to distribute. How many would be up for purchasing some? Obviously we wouldn't need to worry about high postage...

Tim

Last edited:
Reactions: Artimus and Paullie
Hey guys,

Good news. Through some contacts at work I have managed to get hold of the manufacturer of this product. I am inquiring about getting some sent to the UK to distribute. How many would be up for purchasing some? Obviously we wouldn't need to worry about high postage...

Tim

I certainly would depending on total price

I've just found these and baught some!

eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace

I posted details of those ones earlier in the thread wondering if anyone would be interested in giving them a go. Nice one! Really looking forward to seeing how they look fitted and lit as they did seem to look a bit on the blue side on the pic they show on the listing. They'd certainly be a lot cheaper than the Polarg's including the shipping. :icon_thumright: :wub: xx

Hey guys,

Tim

Well done Dude! It's rubbish that these can't - so far -be sourced in the UK :wub: xx

I posted details of those ones earlier in the thread wondering if anyone would be interested in giving them a go. Nice one! Really looking forward to seeing how they look fitted and lit as they did seem to look a bit on the blue side on the pic they show on the listing. They'd certainly be a lot cheaper than the Polarg's including the shipping. :icon_thumright: :wub: xx

Haha oh rite, I've just been skipping through the thread because I replaced them with Canbus LEDS (error message still) a couple of months ago - Yes they are WAY to bright but the screws have nearly rounded completly, so i'm going to have to look at sorting that too!

To be honest I thought that myself - they seem very blue on the picture, as the polarg ones seem to be what I was after :(

More excited about the H11 Xenon Ring fogs which are on there way! :) I'll post a pic what they look like when I've got them installed

I think a lot of us have had similar problems with the screws rounding off, ..I also posted a link to some hex headed M3 15mm screws on the last page, that will replace the OEM screws and will ensure the rounding off never happens again. Just in case you're interested in getting yourself some, here it is again. :wub: xx

Last edited:
Reactions: MattyW19
Haha thank you! I'll get ordering some of them now - hopefully they won't be to hard to replace!

Thank you for your help :)

hi paullie firstly sweet work on the car, i have been looking on ebay at the philips diamond visions you have in you fogs. problem is one company seems to be selling from locations all over the world, would you mind taking a peer round ebey to see if this is who you purchased from.
NEW! PHILIPS diamond vision 5000k super white headlight bulbs H11 JDM SPEC | eBay

hope the link works never tried posting one before. thanks tommy:uhm:

hi paullie firstly sweet work on the car, i have been looking on ebay at the philips diamond visions you have in you fogs. problem is one company seems to be selling from locations all over the world, would you mind taking a peer round ebey to see if this is who you purchased from.
NEW! PHILIPS diamond vision 5000k super white headlight bulbs H11 JDM SPEC | eBay

hope the link works never tried posting one before. thanks tommy:uhm:

Hi there Tommy, the supplier I bought mine from is the same one as in your link (they are the only supplier I could find worldwide of H11's). They arrived within 5 days, no probs. They are slightly cheaper depending on where they are coming from, ..I think from Australia was cheapest of all at £37, but obviously they will take longest to arrive from there and may incur customs charges. I bought from their German listing as they were slightly cheaper than from London and there were no customs charges. :wub: xx

Link to listing I bought mine from -

2 X PHILIPS Diamond Vision 5000K Scheinwerferlampe H11 JDM SPEC | eBay

EDIT - Thanks very much for your kind words about my car, much appreciated Dude :wub: xx

Last edited:
thanks pauillie just orderd them, should have pure vision soon:yahoo:

They look AMAZING! You're gonna love them and wish for fog so you can use them, lol! :wub: xx

Those LEDs look waaaay too bright.
I am trying to organise a group buy to Australia from Autodynamic but they have not responded yet.

IMO, these Polarg globes are a perfect mix of the white light but without lighting up the rear end of your car.
Grimp's photo is a perfect example of this.

Hey guys,

Tim

I'd be interested in these buddy.

Those LEDs look waaaay too bright.
I am trying to organise a group buy to Australia from Autodynamic but they have not responded yet.

IMO, these Polarg globes are a perfect mix of the white light but without lighting up the rear end of your car.
Grimp's photo is a perfect example of this.

I should be getting hold of some of these in the near future. Got hold of the manufacturer in Tokyo early this morning. So could ship some out to you.

Minimum order I have to purchase is 100. Will work out some prices and then get back to you all. Don't wanna get all these in and then only sell ten. Haha.

For those of you who have these, how long did they take to arrive?

Checked the tracking number they left and mine seem to be stuck in Chatsworth, CA for a while now!?