Ordered... S4 Avant

Here we go:

Looks absolutely lovely. Especially with those boots (Ive ordered the same). Were you tempted by the black pack or was it not an option at the point you ordered it?

Have a feeling the Manhattan / Black Combo might just be the most stylish of any black pack colour combo's (midnight Blue I also think looks amazing with Black Pack).

Looks absolutely lovely. Especially with those boots (Ive ordered the same). Were you tempted by the black pack or was it not an option at the point you ordered it?

Have a feeling the Manhattan / Black Combo might just be the most stylish of any black pack colour combo's (midnight Blue I also think looks amazing with Black Pack).

The Black Pack wasn't an option when I ordered and to be honest, I wouldn't have picked it. My last car was a Black Edition and I fancied a bit of chrome this time round. The chrome adds a good edge since it highlights parts of the car and gives it extra definition - such as the roof rails and door handles - that would otherwise be lost if everything was black. I am pleased with the way the contrast colour on the alloys matches well with the body colour - some options go together very well visually. Besides, you can only disguise an S4 so much and there's nothing you can do about the four tail pipes :)

Reactions: QTNC
Obviously a bit late to this thread, but with a £1500 deposit on a 4 year PCP at 3.9% I managed to get 16% off, including the finance contribution:

Manhattan grey, metallic
Adaptive S Sport suspension with damping control
Audi Virtual Cockpit
Bang & Olufsen 3D Sound System
Black roof rails
Black styling pack
Door mirror housing - Gloss black
Door mirrors - electrically folding, adjustable and heated
Dynamic steering
Flat bottomed 3-spoke leather trimmed high multi-function steering wheel
Piano finish, black
Matrix LED headlights with LED rear lights & dynamic front and rear indicators
Privacy glass
Quattro with Sports differential
Vision Pack
19” x 8.5J ‘5-spoke V’ design alloy wheels
Can I ask, what sort of ball park are your monthlies?

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Thanks Dmrqwq. Some good points there and I agree I'd rather they took the car than hurt my family. As you say if these people want something they'll get it. I guess it's just a risk everyone takes when buying a car or something high value. I've never worried about it greatly and neither has my wife unduly previously. TBH I don't see why I should let someone like that prevent me getting what I work hard for!

Reactions: Dmrqwq and Thundercliffe81
Any owners: what's the gearbox like now it's now S Tronic (S3 owner).

Ah my bad, I'm sure one of these lucky boys with new cars can answer then, as I'm still on S Tronic :racer:

Can I ask, what sort of ball park are your monthlies?

I would say in the region of £580 - £600 per month based on Audi Finance Configuration and PCP Calculator, could vary due to total cost of car.

Enter details below:
1) Price: 53045
2) Deposit: 1500
3) Dealer Contribution: 8487.2
4) Part Exchange Value: 0
5) Amount of the loan (any currency): 43057.8
6) Final Payment/GMFV: 19851
7) Annual percentage rate of interest: 3.9
8) Repayment period in months: 48
Your Monthly Payment is: 587.47

On the theft issue I'd recommend GAP insurance which I think is well worth the money. Whilst I don't want to lose my car, with the GAP insurance the worry element is gone: If my S5 gets stolen then I'll get a brand new B9 to the same spec.

Reactions: Thundercliffe81 and Dmrqwq
I would say in the region of £580 - £600 per month based on Audi Finance Configuration and PCP Calculator, could vary due to total cost of car.

Enter details below:
1) Price: 53045
2) Deposit: 1500
3) Dealer Contribution: 8487.2
4) Part Exchange Value: 0
5) Amount of the loan (any currency): 43057.8
6) Final Payment/GMFV: 19851
7) Annual percentage rate of interest: 3.9
8) Repayment period in months: 48
Your Monthly Payment is: 587.47
I'm paying £650 but I've stacked up the extras.

Bang on for mine.. I'm paying £589 a month on £54k OTR. The residual at just under £20k after 4 years.

£8k dealer discount- that's nearly double what I've been given!

Reactions: Migwire
On the theft issue I'd recommend GAP insurance which I think is well worth the money. Whilst I don't want to lose my car, with the GAP insurance the worry element is gone: If my S5 gets stolen then I'll get a brand new B9 to the same spec.

Amen. No brainer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: pierreluigi88
I guess you mean tiptronic

Changes are very smooth when pootling round town, you hardly notice them. Giving it just a few beans still results in smooth changes though not as snappy as a S-Tronic (as I remember from curtesy cars) there appears to be no loss of drive while the change is in progress. It's pretty responsive to manual changes though, both up and down.

Reactions: Keef
And so , by pure luck , the (almost) exact spec I config'd on the Audi website has arrived in the dealer as an indended demo motor ......I've said I will take it !!!!

Pick up next Thursday .

s4 avant
Daytona grey
Magma red interior
B&O
Cameras
Carbon atlas
Panoramic sunroof
Red calipers
Loads more ......get the list and photos when I collect

All That said......Absolutely gutted my pride and joy is going to another home

Reactions: Thundercliffe81 and Grubb
I'm wondering if any of you current owners can give me a quick bit of guidance. Due to pick my S4 up in a week or so and it's time for a new baby seat - can't upgrade the other passengers seats without doing the little one and my princess deserves a shiny new seat! I wanted a recaro one but they havent been crash tested in the A/S4 :(

Are there tether points in the S4 as is shown in the image for the A4? I assume there is but want to make doubly sure before splashing a few hundred on a new seat!
Upload 2016 12 30 7 23 50

I'm wondering if any of you current owners can give me a quick bit of guidance. Due to pick my S4 up in a week or so and it's time for a new baby seat - can't upgrade the other passengers seats without doing the little one and my princess deserves a shiny new seat! I wanted a recaro one but they havent been crash tested in the A/S4 :(

Are there tether points in the S4 as is shown in the image for the A4? I assume there is but want to make doubly sure before splashing a few hundred on a new seat!
View attachment 113503

I've got the isofix points on the two rear seats.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

And so , by pure luck , the (almost) exact spec I config'd on the Audi website has arrived in the dealer as an indended demo motor ......I've said I will take it !!!!

Pick up next Thursday .

s4 avant
Daytona grey
Magma red interior
B&O
Cameras
Carbon atlas
Panoramic sunroof
Red calipers
Loads more ......get the list and photos when I collect

All That said......Absolutely gutted my pride and joy is going to another home

moved from B8.5 RS4 to B9 S4?? That took some nuts Must have been hard call? Funny one...I was gonna get the RS4 actually and people on here advised it over B9 S4. But...the tech and interior are such a step up. I 'loved' that B8.5 RS4. Always gonna give me goosebumps. But great spec S4 mate. Similar to mine. I'm not alone in Magma world anymore haha.

Thanks @Grubb, good job as I've ordered the seat before it went out of stock!

moved from B8.5 RS4 to B9 S4?? That took some nuts Must have been hard call? Funny one...I was gonna get the RS4 actually and people on here advised it over B9 S4. But...the tech and interior are such a step up. I 'loved' that B8.5 RS4. Always gonna give me goosebumps. But great spec S4 mate. Similar to mine. I'm not alone in Magma world anymore haha.

Mmmm.......I must admit I am not happy about it .

I primarily don't want to keep it out of warranty or buy an extended one.......so there is a fear if anything goes wrong.

I do PCP , so I am only delaying the enevitable when it MUST go in 1 year.

It's definately NOT that I can't afford it , but there are also a few financial circumstances driving the move away from the RS4;
I do little or no deposit PCPs and the move to the S4 will drop the monthly payments.
It'll need new tyres by May next year
The £500 per year tax is a ball ache.

But , oh my god , I am so going to miss it !!!!

I've looked for the last couple of months and there is absolutely nothing out there taking my fancy.

I was going to go for the new RS3 Saloon , but expectations are that it will not appear on the road until very late next year .......so my thoughts are S4 avant until the RS3 comes out .....or even the B9 RS4 !!!!

I will miss the RS4 every day I walk up to the new car .....but I am hoping that as soon as I am in the S4 , the interior and tech is light years ahead of the B8 , and so I will be a happy driver.

Reactions: Dave70 and Thundercliffe81
Mmmm.......I must admit I am not happy about it .

I primarily don't want to keep it out of warranty or buy an extended one.......so there is a fear if anything goes wrong.

I do PCP , so I am only delaying the enevitable when it MUST go in 1 year.

It's definately NOT that I can't afford it , but there are also a few financial circumstances driving the move away from the RS4;
I do little or no deposit PCPs and the move to the S4 will drop the monthly payments.
It'll need new tyres by May next year
The £500 per year tax is a ball ache.

But , oh my god , I am so going to miss it !!!!

I've looked for the last couple of months and there is absolutely nothing out there taking my fancy.

I was going to go for the new RS3 Saloon , but expectations are that it will not appear on the road until very late next year .......so my thoughts are S4 avant until the RS3 comes out .....or even the B9 RS4 !!!!

I will miss the RS4 every day I walk up to the new car .....but I am hoping that as soon as I am in the S4 , the interior and tech is light years ahead of the B8 , and so I will be a happy driver.

The new S4 has more character than you may fear. It really surprised me tbh. I'm waiting on the B9 RS4 myself. Might trade in early in 2 years. No rush though. RS3 SB FL is coming too but the interior and size are just huge deal breakers. Running costs on that V8 must have been insane and you're right, with no warranty, it's a dangerous world to be in.

You're gonna love the S4. Can't wait to see pics.

Reactions: Dave70
So been to the dealers today and got to see my first S4 in the flesh. Wow, what a stunning car! So subtle which appeals to me but obvious to those who know what it is. My previous car was the previous shape A4 Avant BE and this is just worlds apart as many on here have said. The one in the showroom was a Navarra Blue saloon and that colour is everything everyone has said. Nearly always had the obligatory black/grey colours over the last few years but really fancy a change for the next car - even the wife loved it so that's one decision sorted! Dealers was busy so didn't get to talk to anyone but that was fine as had kids in tow and really only wanted to verify that the car was all I wanted, which it sure seems to be.
Always thought I preferred the avant but the saloon was really good looking - need to balance cost vs practicality aspect now!

Next step is to organise a drive and then do some maths!!

Reactions: Brasso and Thundercliffe81
Next step is to organise a drive and then do some maths!!

Some of us ordered it without a test drive :)

A good job too; if the wife had been with me she would have no doubt said "what do you want all this car for?!!". Now? The first thing she does it put the heated seats on and start the massage function.

Regarding maths: 'man maths' is a wonderful thing :)

Reactions: Thundercliffe81 and Brasso
Man maths... the only way to justify to my wife that upgrading the 3rd car in 20 months and increasing payments is justified....

Reactions: Brasso and Thundercliffe81
I noticed on the order details for my S4 (now awaiting transport to the dealers) that it mentions "Direct tire pressure monitoring system".

"parentLabel": "Wheels",
"options": [
{
"subParentLabel": "RAD",
"productId": "PRAD40W",
"name": "Alloy wheels 8.5J x 19",
"displayable": true,
"standard": false
},
{
"subParentLabel": "RDK",
"productId": "MRDK7K1",
"name": "Direct tire pressure monitoring system",
"displayable": true,
"standard": false
}
]

As I understand it, indirect monitoring uses the ABS and wheel rotation speed, and direct has sensors in each wheel transmitting the pressure to a receiver. Does this mean that you can see the actual pressures in each wheel on a display somewhere? This is how it worked in my 2012 Porsche Boxster and I loved the ease with which I could just pull up a display and see all the tyre pressures at a glance.

Can anyone who has a B9 S4 confirm if this is possible or not?

I couldn't find any mention of it in the A4 manual, but that could be for the 2016 MY, or it could be an option for the S4. Does anyone have the S4 manual?

Thanks,

Geoff

on page 384 of the manual which I downloaded from this forum, it states the following.

The tyre pressure loss indicator makes use of the ABS sensors to compare the rolling circumference and vibration of the tyres.

worth downloading it before you get the car as it has some interesting bits

Shaun

Reactions: Thundercliffe81
on page 384 of the manual which I downloaded from this forum, it states the following.

The tyre pressure loss indicator makes use of the ABS sensors to compare the rolling circumference and vibration of the tyres.

worth downloading it before you get the car as it has some interesting bits

Shaun

Yes, I have read that, but that describes indirect TPMS, and the order tracker specifically mentions direct TPMS, so I wondered if the tracker spec was wrong, or if it was a MY17 upgrade or due to a higher spec level? If it has pressure sensors in each tyre (the definition of direct TPMS) it would be a shame not to be able to see the readings!

Geoff

Reactions: Thundercliffe81
Are you in the uk Geoff? Because I don't think the system you describe is available here however it might be an option for different countries..

Yes, I have read that, but that describes indirect TPMS, and the order tracker specifically mentions direct TPMS, so I wondered if the tracker spec was wrong, or if it was a MY17 upgrade or due to a higher spec level? If it has pressure sensors in each tyre (the definition of direct TPMS) it would be a shame not to be able to see the readings!

Geoff

Hi.

I've got this on mine and it says I have to manually enter the pressure for each tyre (as it is now) before it can monitor it. I'm off to fill up in a bit so I'll set tyres to advised pressures, enter them and tell you what happens.

Reactions: gbrown
I had the pressure monitor on an old mondeo showing the exact pressures. To be honest deflation detection (which doesn't show the numbers) work everybit as well.
It might cost you 5 minutes working out which tyre is slightly down but given audis relibility record of late. Individual sensors are just something else to go wrong.

Reactions: Migwire and Thundercliffe81
I had the pressure monitor on an old mondeo showing the exact pressures. To be honest deflation detection (which doesn't show the numbers) work everybit as well.
It might cost you 5 minutes working out which tyre is slightly down but given audis relibility record of late. Individual sensors are just something else to go wrong.

Yup. No exact numbering. Just tyre pressure stored. Will let me know if one is deflating or low I guess?

Hmm.. Anyone else in the order process seen a glitch with the Your Audi data overnight? My car (due for build 23 Jan, but has been in prep since early Dec) jumped to Stage 7, Quality Control. Somehow I think this is unlikely while the factory is presumably closed...

Yup, mine has done the same!

Looks like a glitch with the year. Build year was always shown as 2017, but somehow it's appended 2016 to the January dates

"orderHistory":

[{"orderStatus":"24","statusDate":"2016-01-25T00:00:00+0000"},

{"orderStatus":"23","statusDate":"2016-01-23T00:00:00+0000"},

{"orderStatus":"22","statusDate":"2016-01-22T00:00:00+0000"},

{"orderStatus":"21","statusDate":"2016-01-21T00:00:00+0000"},

{"orderStatus":"20","statusDate":"2016-12-08T01:01:30+0000"},

{"orderStatus":"10","statusDate":"2016-12-06T01:01:22+0000"}],

Unsurprisingly - back to orderStatus 20 today :)