ordered new S3

RHODIE

Reaction score
I have just ordered my new S3 in panther black with sunroof. I am expecting late September delivery.

Congrats on the order. It's well worth the wait. :racer:

End of September from now isn't too bad. I waited 5 months start to finish!

I ordered easter monday. They tell me I'll be lucky for Sep 1st delivery. So much for Audi Macclesfield ;-p

nice, i would get the black optics pack, hated that hideous chome on my Phantom S3 - too beige trousered!!!

dealer has said there is a possibility of it coming earlier but to expect late September and not be disappointed. I have specced led lights and sunroof. cant wait to see if there is a vast improvement with thgem. I have also gone for sd nav - does that integrate with led lights?

dealer has said there is a possibility of it coming earlier but to expect late September and not be disappointed. I have specced led lights and sunroof. cant wait to see if there is a vast improvement with thgem. I have also gone for sd nav - does that integrate with led lights?

We ordered first week in Feb, and only today we finally got a confirmed build week 29, so approximately Oct delivery.

The Spec Guide says you have to have the Tech Pack High with Audi Connect to have the ability for the LED headlights to integrate with the Navigation.

The Spec Guide says you have to have the Tech Pack High with Audi Connect to have the ability for the LED headlights to integrate with the Navigation.

You certainly don't need Connect and I think I've seen other threads that have stated that they work with any nav. I'm not 100% sure though. But if not they will still operate based on speed and steering.

You certainly don't need Connect and I think I've seen other threads that have stated that they work with any nav. I'm not 100% sure though. But if not they will still operate based on speed and steering.

I'm only quoting from the Spec Guide!

LED headlights PX7
- In conjunction with Technology package with Mobile telephone preparation - High with Audi Connect (WB4)
the navigation data works with the LED headlights to control the light distribution with motorway light and
country light modes using the stored route data from MMI Navigation plus with MMI Touch;
- Junction light, which provides a wide front light setting, as well as travel mode, which switches between right
and left-hand drive modes assisted by GPS data

And of course it will operate based on speed and steering but that wasn't what he asked!

Reactions: Helifella
Keep reading about these long waits for S3's. Just don't get it myself. Waited 10 weeks for mine, from payment of deposit to collection. Purchased from Stansted Audi. Just ask the dealer to spec amend on the production plan and you'll be talking in weeks, not months.

Keep reading about these long waits for S3's. Just don't get it myself. Waited 10 weeks for mine, from payment of deposit to collection. Purchased from Stansted Audi. Just ask the dealer to spec amend on the production plan and you'll be talking in weeks, not months.
Some of these people are in Oz so suffer extended delivery time even with a "reasonable" build date.

Some of the long waiting times experienced are for the saloon, there's definitely less of these going around at the moment.

Yes and of course the A3/S3 saloon (sedan) is on sale in the USA so that will impact on supplies in the UK.

This is the standard e-mail I get back from my dealer:sign_unfair:

“Today’s live status system show your vehicle is on the system but awaiting a scheduled build week. Audi have announced late last week that due to unprecedented worldwide demand for the A3 Saloon range lead times are likely to be longer than original forecasts but your order is a priority sold car so will get a slot as soon as possible”

This is the standard e-mail I get back from my dealer:sign_unfair:

“Today’s live status system show your vehicle is on the system but awaiting a scheduled build week. Audi have announced late last week that due to unprecedented worldwide demand for the A3 Saloon range lead times are likely to be longer than original forecasts but your order is a priority sold car so will get a slot as soon as possible”

And a sedan in Sepang Blue, that doesn't help either.

It took close to 5 months before we were told our build slot, ordered on the first weekend in Feb, and was finally told on Saturday that we got slotted in for a BW 29.

And a sedan in Sepang Blue, that doesn't help either.

It took close to 5 months before we were told our build slot, ordered on the first weekend in Feb, and was finally told on Saturday that we got slotted in for a BW 29.

Yep, I ordered end of March so basing this on your wait could be end of August before I get given a build date.

Some of these people are in Oz so suffer extended delivery time even with a "reasonable" build date.
Oh sorry, must I state 'UK only post' every time :wacko:

Would of course be even more helpful if people actually stated their location in the first place :blahblah1: