Facelift Ordered My RS3 Saloon in Riviera Blue

Craig Cull

Site Sponsor
Site Sponsor
Reaction score
Morning all, im new to the the RS3 so quite looking forward to this. Some may know my current S3 Saloon which was in Junes performance Audi, aka Saloonatic. Being a die hard manual driver i was hell bent on avoiding dsg at all costs, mainly as there was no mention of the RS3 saloon making it to the uk when i ordered my S3, so thought yeah this is me, im a saloon guy so as far as i was concerned it was as good as what was available minus the dsg option.
The first issue started when the S3 was suppose to arrive in Riviera and arrived in Ibis.. because of this i got the car silly cheap and ive had some good fun with it over the last 10 months. Then i spotted the RS3 saloons arriving in the uk so called my dealer and said.

I wanted Riviera Blue, it didnt happen. Nows the chance to make it up with the RS3 saloon that i was told wasnt arriving in the uk, so how are we going to do it??

Long and short of it i finalised the deal yesterday and im just waiting on a build date.

Spec :-

Riviera Blue
Black styling pack
Pan roof
Silver wheels (swapping my OZ Racing Leggera HLT 20's onto it)
Super Sport seats
Electric folding mirrors
Comfort pack with sensors and reverse camera
Tech pack advanced and Virtual cockpit as standard (Also had this on the S3 so wanted nothing less)
B&O sound system (same as S3)

No ceramics unfortunately but we all know Tom can sort that issue quickly..
No sports exhaust as ive been told it doesnt sound much different to stock
Plus a downpipe will soon sort that issue.

I think thats about it. I did have carbon and RS pack on the red car i sent, but i was willing to loose these for the colour.

So no pictures yet as there isnt a Riviera Blue RS3 Saloon anywhere in the world just yet so im yet to see wether ive made the right decision or not. Just something i needed to do.

Ill look forward to being part of the group and ill leave you with a pic of my 522ps 673nm Mrc / Cm Tuned S3
FB IMG 1504107425538
FB IMG 1504107333978

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Reactions: jimojameso, BarryG79, AudiNutta and 1 other person
Mate, Riviera
Nice!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Reactions: AudiNutta and Craig Cull
I'm sure someone on here can photoshop a Riviera blue RS3. Sounds awesome, enjoy!

Reactions: Craig Cull
Mate, Riviera
Nice!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
Thank you mate, i know its a kind of, hey look at me... kind of colour, but i just have to do it

I'm sure someone on here can photoshop a Riviera blue RS3. Sounds awesome, enjoy!
Thank you, is there anybody you know who can? That would be a amazing!

Looks like your car will be one to watch :)

Lol RS3 will feel slow though Craig ;)

TX.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

Looks like your car will be one to watch :)
I do struggle to leave things alone tbh, so im probably only lying to myself if i said it will leave it alone this time, when ive already got my wheels lined up for it.

I was at the stage with the S3 where i forge it, big turbo it and keep it forever, or sell it now and buy what i originally wanted. Im glad you shared the link to Riviera as i really think ive made the right decision. Although its not for everyone

Reactions: dunes7
I've got pictures of a PFL in Riviera Blue, but there are a few circling on the internet anyway.

Lol RS3 will feel slow though Craig ;)

TX.

Haha! Thats crossed my mind, although i think (hate to say it) the dsg is going to end all that. Im confident the stock RS3 will beat the 12.04 1/4 mile the S3 made from stock. Thats going to be my first test and then we will tune from there. The fun starts again! Not sure im going as far as a turbo upgrade this time though, we will see

Decat, IC and remap is seeing over 500hp in the TTRS so "fill yer boots"!

TX.

I've got pictures of a PFL in Riviera Blue, but there are a few circling on the internet anyway.
Ive seen an FL S3 saloon in the states and it doesnt do it for me, but the RS3 has a much nicer front bumper with more gloss black, plus the wheels he had on really didnt do it any favours. I did think about voodoo but its very close to nogaro. Wanted something rare

Decat, IC and remap is seeing over 500hp in the TTRS so "fill yer boots"!

TX.

Yes so ive heard, lets just hope i can be happy at that. Defo a 10 second car at that power..

Ive seen an FL S3 saloon in the states and it doesnt do it for me, but the RS3 has a much nicer front bumper with more gloss black, plus the wheels he had on really didnt do it any favours. I did think about voodoo but its very close to nogaro. Wanted something rare

Here are some Riviera RS3 pictures anyway.....

58797a808107793023a91c4e87b56c58.jpg
6717e72b880d116eaa1bb1a07c27abfa.jpg

0acdca2e752c4f59010d1de11f6ee6c2.jpg

d56f9a959d72e98292820e6b790b30e0.jpg

9efe4ee275b9a7f0a1dcce0c0ae81998.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: jimojameso, Bristle Hound and Craig Cull
Here are some Riviera RS3 pictures anyway.....

58797a808107793023a91c4e87b56c58.jpg
6717e72b880d116eaa1bb1a07c27abfa.jpg

0acdca2e752c4f59010d1de11f6ee6c2.jpg

d56f9a959d72e98292820e6b790b30e0.jpg

9efe4ee275b9a7f0a1dcce0c0ae81998.jpg

Yes looks much better in the RS, not sure if its the more aggressive bumpers etc, but yeah im happy ive made the right decision! Thanks for the pics

Reactions: AudiNutta
Hmm juries still out on this one

I thought I saw somewhere on the site that the RS sports exhaust option also came with a slightly different engine map? Can anyone confirm this as I may consider dropping the sports exhaust off my order and fitting an aftermarket system if the engine map is the same.

Nice spec btw :)

Reactions: wab172uk
I thought I saw somewhere on the site that the RS sports exhaust option also came with a slightly different engine map? Can anyone confirm this as I may consider dropping the sports exhaust off my order and fitting an aftermarket system if the engine map is the same.

From what ive been told there is no power options, just an extra £1000 for the exhaust

Hmm juries still out on this one

Just didnt want the same old everyday colours like everyone else. Vegas Yellow and Solar Orange were also an option but i couldnt see it lol

It's no Nardo but it's okay.

Just joking, that colour looks beautiful. Probably what Ara blue should have been.

It's no Nardo but it's okay.

Just joking, that colour looks beautiful. Probably what Ara blue should have been.
I was so close to ending up with a Nardon but i thought with it being a free colour it was going to end up very popular. Im shocked at the fact some companys are selling them for 10k more than Audi being the first lol! Can get one from Audi with Ceramics for 5k less

TBH, this is the reason why I would tick the Sports exhaust option. With most sports exhausts, there is generally a slight rise in power figure, as the system is more free flowing.

Is the Audi sports exhaust just a flap to make it sound different does anyone know? If so, it's an expensive option.

TBH, this is the reason why I would tick the Sports exhaust option. With most sports exhausts, there is generally a slight rise in power figure, as the system is more free flowing.

Is the Audi sports exhaust just a flap to make it sound different does anyone know? If so, it's an expensive option.

Both exhausts have the valves.

The sports exhaust I think has a more direct flow when in dynamic? With the PFL, there were more pops and bangs but there are none in the FL so I'm not sure on that front now.

I've been on the used market for one and those without a sports exhaust, won't get a look from most people.

Ill be honest mate, even the dealer talked me out of it as they have had reports its not much different, plus i know i can have a decat downpipe made by CM Tuning and its gonna over power the stock "Sports" system by a country mile and it wont cost a grand. Heres what he built for me on the S3, pops and bangs are more like shots fired lol

IMG 20170511 WA0001
IMG 20170505 WA0000
IMG 20170503 WA0001

Reactions: jimojameso
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I can confirm thats not my welding skills on that exhaust!!!!!! :haha:

Them skills are strong, amazing at what he does!

I didnt say you made it did i lol! Chris has worked for MRC for 15 years, this work is nothing short of perfection, the boxes were ordered in, the rest was fit to perfection. Hope this isnt a dig as i cant see an issue with this and ive been in the trade 18 years and a fully skilled paint sprayer for 16 of them. I know good work when i see it and i also know *****

I didnt say you made it did i lol! Chris has worked for MRC for 15 years, this work is nothing short of perfection, the boxes were ordered in, the rest was fit to perfection. Hope this isnt a dig as i cant see an issue with this and ive been in the trade 18 years and a fully skilled paint sprayer for 16 of them. I know good work when i see it and i also know *****

It was dig at myself!! - A comment from a lecturer, many years ago, about ones welding skills has stuck with me, something about "pigeon poop" was his remark :blow:

Whoever welded that exhaust, certainly knows how to weld, beautiful workmanship :)

It was dig at myself!! - A comment from a lecturer, many years ago, about ones welding skills has stuck with me, something about "pigeon poop" was his remark :blow:

Whoever welded that exhaust, certainly knows how to weld, beautiful workmanship :)
Im so glad you said that as ive been sat here questioning myself lol!

I was like, i thought that was an amazing weld, does it really get that much better?
Or do i just not have a clue what im talking about

Ill be honest mate, even the dealer talked me out of it as they have had reports its not much different, plus i know i can have a decat downpipe made by CM Tuning and its gonna over power the stock "Sports" system by a country mile and it wont cost a grand. Heres what he built for me on the S3, pops and bangs are more like shots fired lol

View attachment 135136View attachment 135137View attachment 135138

I've had a go in a non sports exhaust FL and if there isn't a lot of different between that and a sports exhaust FL, it is massively disappointing. My PFL with sports exhaust was at least twice as loud. Surely a sports exhaust FL isn't that much quieter.

I've had a go in a non sports exhaust FL and if there isn't a lot of different between that and a sports exhaust FL, it is massively disappointing. My PFL with sports exhaust was at least twice as loud. Surely a sports exhaust FL isn't that much quieter.
Cant be much quieter as it would loose all characteristics surely. Which would mean you would need to upgrade to get thw sound you want. But to be fair ive heard a few of the chaps stateside saying exactly the same.

Cant be much quieter as it would loose all characteristics surely. Which would mean you would need to upgrade to get thw sound you want. But to be fair ive heard a few of the chaps stateside saying exactly the same.

I know I'm bound to be biased but I've been offered a FL at a fantastic discount but my concern is the sound. And lack of crackles on downshifts. I'm trying to arrange a drive in a sports exhaust FL because as it stands the non sports exhaust FL is no where near where it needs to be. I'm positive a sports exhaust will be somewhere closer. Once I've had a drive I will report back an honest review.

I know I'm bound to be biased but I've been offered a FL at a fantastic discount but my concern is the sound. And lack of crackles on downshifts. I'm trying to arrange a drive in a sports exhaust FL because as it stands the non sports exhaust FL is no where near where it needs to be. I'm positive a sports exhaust will be somewhere closer. Once I've had a drive I will report back an honest review.
Im really interested to know so please do!

I've driven a facelift with a sports exhaust and I can confirm there are zero pops or bangs. Sounds nothing like the old one! Was very dissapointee if I'm honest

I tried my hardest, downshifting in dynamic manual mode at all rev ranges and got nothing back, the most disappointing thing was that it didn't sound too disimalar to my s3 with a milltek when I revved it.

I tried my hardest, downshifting in dynamic manual mode at all rev ranges and got nothing back, the most disappointing thing was that it didn't sound too disimalar to my s3 with a milltek when I revved it.

Don't do that to me now haha.. already having doubts

Driving my PFL today down some narrow streets, it is downright antisocial. And brilliant with it! I cannot lose that. *** Audi, what have you done. I'd love to get into the faster FL. But not at the loss of the sound.

Driving my PFL today down some narrow streets, it is downright antisocial. And brilliant with it! I cannot lose that. *** Audi, what have you done. I'd love to get into the faster FL. But not at the loss of the sound.

Every review points the negative sound factor, I really don't understand why they did it! I have a video of the PFL sat outside my house, burbling away and I don't think the FL is that loud and it sucks. The design team have to be looking at this and realising they messed up :(