Ordered Japanese S1

Labern

Labern
Reaction score
Hello all. New S1 owner here.
I have just ordered a 2014 Audi S1 from Japan, kinda nervous cos I don't really know what it will be like. I'm from New Zealand and we didn't get the S1 here. Only the A1.

I think it's just the base model as no red accents, which I would have liked some of the upgraded features like the split spoiler and red band headlights. But this was the only affordable one I could find. I have seen Audi parts catalogues but has anyone got experience with aftermarket attachments like the red air vent rings?

It's scheduled to arrive on 30th July 19 and I can't wait.

Attachments

• WAUZZZ8X7FB004964_Y1.jpg
    WAUZZZ8X7FB004964_Y1.jpg
    388.6 KB · Views: 285
  • WAUZZZ8X7FB004964_Y3.jpg
    WAUZZZ8X7FB004964_Y3.jpg
    388.9 KB · Views: 276
Reactions: 45bvtc and circletide
Hey Lance! I'm from New Zealand too. New Zealand did get a handful of S1's, not many though. I have one of the NZ new ones (had a different one previously too).

Where in NZ are you based?

Reactions: 45bvtc
Oh Cool. I had a good look and couldn't find any info on any sold here so just assumed we only got the A1.
I'm in Auckland, Yourself?. How long have you had yours?

Yea, they hardly ever come up for sale :)

I'm Auckland based too, have had this one for about 6 months (previous one for about a year when they first came out). I've got the Quattro exterior back with black roof/rails, H&R lowering springs, de-cat, and remap. Absolutely love it, i'm sure you won't be disappointed!

Happy to help out if you have any questions etc

Awesome. I would love to have got an NZ new one cos of the MMI system.
and the Quattro Exterior package would have been nice too.
How do you find the H&R springs?
Where did you get the remap?

You should still get an MMI system though right? Only maps might be the issue, although not all NZ new cars had NAV (mine doesn't).

Some people find the H&Rs too firm but I think they are just right, personal preference I guess. You can always adjust using the Drive Select button anyway. Main reason why I got them as to sort the ride height out :p

Remap was done through NZ Performance Tuning. The owner there has an S1 too which is why I took mine there.

Yeah, I was looking at getting the springs done and it also seems to look better with the 10 - 15mm wheel spacers.

I do a lot of 3D printing and was going to 3D print my own induction kit and was looking at places to get a Remap. Sounds like a good place if the owner also has one. Do you remember what yours dyno'd at?

Yes, It has the MMI and will just have to wait and see how it goes.

I'm keen for a meet up at any point if you are also keen.

Oh nice one! Mine hasn't been dyno'd yet.

Yea definitely keen! Are you on any of the NZ based forums/Facebook groups for VW/Audi or Euro cars?

Hi Labern.

I'm also from Auckland and have a NZ new S1. I've been trying to track all the cars here and the list is up to 25 NZ new. All are 5 doors but the spec level seems to vary from car to car.

There have been two 3 door cars advertised by import dealers and I presume these are ex Japan.

They are fantastic cars and have plenty of power in standard spec.

David

Nice.

I met someone on Wednesday that has a red and black one with Quattro interior and exterior packs. Looked awesome and the lady said she loves it. Was also a 4 door.

The Ship was delayed, arrived in nz on the 2nd. Now waiting for customs clearance.

Finally got my S1.
There were a few delays with customs, transport and compliance. But it's now in my hands. Been raining pretty much since I got it but was able to get a couple of pics this evening while on a country road test drive.
It has the Bose Sounds System, Park Assist Plus, Audi Drive Recorder.
AudiS1FrontAudiS1Back

Reactions: SPIKE_ and springer
The car looks very clean. Enjoy.

Any chance of posting the rego to add to my list? Even the first 4 letters would help.