Ordered A3 black edition

Wxm

Reaction score
Hey I've ordered an A3 black edition 1.4 tfsi 3 door;

*Daytona grey
* folding mirrors
* hill hold assist
* parking system plus

I have an expected delivery date of early June .

I have a couple of questions, I can't decided whether to have the 'engine technology ' badge deleted off the rear. Any thoughts? Also will it have a low windscreen washer fluid warning light? And once the 3 month free trail of Audi connect ends can I just use my own data SIM card ?

Thanks

Reactions: Audi Bairn
:sign welcome:
Congrats on your order!
Engine technology badge removal is really a personal thing. I usually have it removed but leave the model badging although with the S models there's no engine tech badges anyway.
It has low washer fluid warning.
Audi Connect I'm not 100% on even although I have it myself, sorry.

Congrats on the new order!

Personally I'd remove the engine technology badge, just helps give the back of the car a 'cleaner' look I think. My current A3 (64 reg) has a low fluid washer warning so I believe it's standard.

Out of interest where did you order your new car from, delivery in June for a 3 door seems really fast as my local dealer is suggesting I would have to wait until November!

Reactions: Wxm
Thanks for the fast reply :smiley: can't wait to take delivery.

I'm undecided about the badge , it doesn't really serve much purpose , to everyone else it just looks like a collection of letters and I doubt many people even know what TFSI means.

Last edited:
Crawley Audi via Orange wheels. November?!? Think I'd have to cancel if they came back with that date :fearscream: I had the email today from the sales lady at Audi with 'early June ' as the delivery date.

I have the low washer fluid warning on my current golf gti and it's so useful during the winter months

Being undecided about the rear badge removal is the definition of a first world problem:whistle2:

Personally I think cleaner without.

Hey I've ordered an A3 black edition 1.4 tfsi 3 door;

*Daytona grey
* folding mirrors
* hill hold assist
* parking system plus

I have an expected delivery date of early June .

I have a couple of questions, I can't decided whether to have the 'engine technology ' badge deleted off the rear. Any thoughts? Also will it have a low windscreen washer fluid warning light? And once the 3 month free trail of Audi connect ends can I just use my own data SIM card ?

Thanks
Welcome to audi-sport.net. June will be here before you know it. Enjoy the forum:)

Thanks . Just seems so long away atm.

Another question sorry , are the front door bins lined with felt like the golf to stop things rattling around in them?

Mine has the engine badge delete, but the A3 bit left on. I think it'd look better with both either on or off for symmetry...

I plan to remove my badges at some point.

It has washer fluid warning that comes on far too quickly. The reservoir is far too small.

As people have already alluded to there will be a message which pops up when then washer fluid is low, and the having it de-badged is a personal thing. I had the 'TFSI Ultra' badge removed but kept the A3 one.

Just ordered a similar spec last week. No idea on delivery though as its ordered through my company

1.4 TFSI Black Ed Sportback
Heated Seats
B&O Stereo
Rear parking sensors
Technology Pack
Virtual Cockpit
Folding and dimming wing mirrors
Dimming rear view mirror

I would be interested to see whose arrives first. Keep in touch wxm

Reactions: Jamie_88
I will do :)

I'm tempted to add the Audi dimming rear view mirror . But not sure if it'll be worth it with privacy glass?

I have an 8p Black Edition at the moment which also has privacy glass. I drove back from London late last night and the dimming mirror and wing mirrors are a god send. It cuts out so much glare at night, now that half of the motorways are not lit and most modern cars have far brighter head lights such as Xenons and LEDS. If you dont do a lot of driving at night I wouldn't bother and put the money towards heated seats or something else. For me they are a pre-requisite and far moire useful than something like auto parking or whatever it is

Got confirmation that it arrives on 12th June. My guess is that you should have yours by now ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Wxm and Tom.H
I can't decided whether to have the 'engine technology ' badge deleted off the rear. Any thoughts?
I would, I think it makes the back look neat and it's easier to polish :)

I have the S3 badge on mine, but if I was getting anything other than an S3/S4/S5 etc I'd have them all removed, model and engine badge.

Reactions: Tom.H
Nice spec WXM.

Have you considered adding the Comfort & Sound package for £795.00, this gives you the following options...

• Audi Parking System Plus
  • Bang & Olufsen sound system
  • Heated front seats
  • Hill-hold assist
I added this on my BE, so well worth it, and is cheaper option than the standard S-line spec too.

Reactions: Wxm
Nice spec WXM.

Have you considered adding the Comfort & Sound package for £795.00, this gives you the following options...

• Audi Parking System Plus
  • Bang & Olufsen sound system
  • Heated front seats
  • Hill-hold assist
I added this on my BE, so well worth it, and is cheaper option than the standard S-line spec too.

To late I'm picking it up Friday lol . That option pack wasn't available on the MY17.

In the end the options I picked;
Hill hold
Folding mirrors
Parking plus
Advanced key
Auto dim RVM

Reactions: TDI-line
Too late I'm picking it up Friday lol . That option pack wasn't available on the MY17

Ahh no worries, will look awesome though.

There's not many BE's on the road, so nice to be exclusive.

Reactions: lgooch and Wxm