Order frustration

Shedh

Reaction score
:sigh:

Am wondering if anyone has had the same problem as me.

I ordered the new A5 black edition Sportback with tech pack 35 tfsi back in February.

Original delivery date was w/c 3/6/19, four weeks in it was changed to w/c 24/6/19, it got to nearly 80 days until delivery and it was changed yet again 22/07/19 then just two days ago changed yet again to 19/8/19

As usual Audi’s uk online tracker is broken so that doesn’t give any info, Audi customer service on twitter don’t give much info other than being sorry the date keeps moving, and the sales rep won’t give any info as to why it’s getting delayed.

Has anyone else had similar problems, does anyone know why Audi can’t build cars they have orders for?

Something doesn't sound right with your order...

I ordered exactly the same car 2nd week of February and I collected it last week. The car was always scheduled to be built 1st week of April and the build date didn't change, it seems very strange your build slot was so much later?

I ordered through a broker, feels like my order keeps getting put back, not even an offer for a courtesy car, even when asked

I ordered a S5 in Canada Jan 27th and received April 24th. My salesman did say he sold almost the identical car to mine the day after and his was being delayed. He did not know why?

I would go to the top (CEO in the UK ) and complain , They will have an executive team to look into the delay and should let you know asap.

I ordered through a broker, feels like my order keeps getting put back, not even an offer for a courtesy car, even when asked
Probably why, direct customers may have pinched your build slot.

I would go to the top (CEO in the UK ) and complain , They will have an executive team to look into the delay and should let you know asap.
And here it is: Managing Director of Audi UK is Andrew Doyle, andrew.doyle@audi.co.uk also copy your email to executive.office@audi.co.uk

Reactions: Pinky1959
The only reason I own an Audi was because of their Diesel scrappage scheme last year. I timed the car arrival in such a way that I would get the car as close to the cut off period by when the car had to arrive and be registered. Had this happened to me, I would have missed the date would have simply cancelled the order and demanded a full refund of my deposit. I too went via a broker and there was none of this. Because brokers just hand the order to a dealer any way. So there is something not quite right.

I am also feeling your frustration. I placed an order for 45 tfsi sb black edition in March. I Was told 30th July delivery date. I was then told My order is changing to MY2020. Not heard a thing about a delivery date. I don’t know what the new A5 will look like. Hopefully I can still get the black edition.

I’m now concerned after seeing the 2020 A4 face lift.

I’m interested to hear from others in the same predicament. :blush:

Michael

I sent a message to the executives but after a back and forth all day I was basically told they can’t do anything 1) because I bought through a broker and 2) they can’t guarantee the build date until the factory actually confirms a build week.

I guess I’ll just play the waiting game and see if anything actually changes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I keep reading this but I am sure most CEOs merely got PAs reading those and just forwarding them to some other department.

Any complaints I have had (not Audi ) and contacted CEO they pass it on to an executive who looks into it to get it sorted (BT , Gas and Electric companies were really good at sorting my complaints ) Might be worth a try.

Thought I would bring you up to date with my order. It was March that I placed my order. My Car went from a MY2019 to a MY2020 back to a MY2019 with the reason being a delay on the MY2020 builds until the start of the year. I could have had a bespoke Bentley built in that time - not that I could afford one.

After reading the threads on here I am actually quite glad I am getting the current version as I have specified Matrix lights which will be handy living away from the city in Scotland. It looks that you can’t get them on the Sline black edition face lift model that I would have been getting. I do like the honeycomb grill over the horizontal grill though. However the eyelash lights are horrible. I much prefer the thin and slick DTR lights.

I short, I was informed that the car was going into production last week for a late December delivery. Only 5 months later than promised. What has happened to the once famed Audi customer service. After almost 15 years as a loyal customer, the shine from this experienced has well and truly vanished.

Once I have a confirmed production date, I will add my spec and details to the new delivery section thread.

Michael

:sigh:

Am wondering if anyone has had the same problem as me.

I ordered the new A5 black edition Sportback with tech pack 35 tfsi back in February.

Original delivery date was w/c 3/6/19, four weeks in it was changed to w/c 24/6/19, it got to nearly 80 days until delivery and it was changed yet again 22/07/19 then just two days ago changed yet again to 19/8/19

As usual Audi’s uk online tracker is broken so that doesn’t give any info, Audi customer service on twitter don’t give much info other than being sorry the date keeps moving, and the sales rep won’t give any info as to why it’s getting delayed.

Has anyone else had similar problems, does anyone know why Audi can’t build cars they have orders for?
TBH, I would never buy another factory ordered Audi again. If you look back on some of the 2016/17 threads a load of people cancelled for being pi****d about, as was I. You will have a VERY long wait regardless of what they tell you my friend.

Thought I would bring you up to date with my order. It was March that I placed my order. My Car went from a MY2019 to a MY2020 back to a MY2019 with the reason being a delay on the MY2020 builds until the start of the year. I could have had a bespoke Bentley built in that time - not that I could afford one.

After reading the threads on here I am actually quite glad I am getting the current version as I have specified Matrix lights which will be handy living away from the city in Scotland. It looks that you can’t get them on the Sline black edition face lift model that I would have been getting. I do like the honeycomb grill over the horizontal grill though. However the eyelash lights are horrible. I much prefer the thin and slick DTR lights.

I short, I was informed that the car was going into production last week for a late December delivery. Only 5 months later than promised. What has happened to the once famed Audi customer service. After almost 15 years as a loyal customer, the shine from this experienced has well and truly vanished.

Once I have a confirmed production date, I will add my spec and details to the new delivery section thread.

Michael

Just curious, but why have you gone through the hassle of a factory order when there are loads of stock cars knocking about? Are you after a particularly specific/rare spec?

My 2016 a4 took 30 days, I don't remember there being any common delay issues with 2016/17 a4 cars at all. With the first facelift in 2018 yes there were..

Good evening,

I think getting a car that you customise straight from the factory is a treat and something I have always aspired to do. I’ve done it for my last three cars. It might not be financially astute, but I’m getting what I want. Well almost- no one in the UK would take an order for a new S5 back in March. I’m going for the 45 Tfsi Quattro instead.

My spec is nothing fancy just Daytona grey, VC, Matrix lights, Adaptive ride, Nappa leather, Comfort and sound and Extended internal lighting pack. There’s nothing like picking up a car that’s brand new and specific for you IMHO.

Interestingly, I received a call to say my car is built and on route to the UK. It Looks like my pick up will only be about 4 weeks away.

Michael

Reactions: cuke2u