Order date vs Build week

Finally got a build week. Ordered April 16th- bw 14th March. So it's going to be a years wait then. Great being one of the first to order a car and receive it a year later....better late than never.... or is it?

Feel your pain , at least you finally have a date, I ordered two days after you...

Ordered 2nd July

Just checked

Construction will begin on 4th April 2016 :neutral: Just as well that I didn't want to take delivery this year :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Last edited:
Chaps.

I have a dilemma, got a great build week (mid Oct 15) but ideally would like to alter Spec to red seat stitching and black roof rails. Dealer is trying to warn me off changing it with tales of doom re the build date and when he tried to amend it just to see what the impact might be it triggered error messages. Need to decide to leave as is or amend, thoughts?

TX.

Chaps.

I have a dilemma, got a great build week (mid Oct 15) but ideally would like to alter Spec to red seat stitching and black roof rails. Dealer is trying to warn me off changing it with tales of doom re the build date and when he tried to amend it just to see what the impact might be it triggered error messages. Need to decide to leave as is or amend, thoughts?

TX.

I'm in the same situation, as i'm unsure whether to change mine from Nardo to Black with the standard mirrors. But to be fair mine is not due to be built until April 4th

Order Placed April 15th - No BW
Order Cancelled August 3rd

Facelift AMG A45 order placed August 3rd
Built Sept 7th
Collect Sept 27th.

46k spec RS3 no discount
50k spec A45 for 45k.

Bosh.

Reactions: boozyjay, Nimbus265 and Foxtrot_Oscar
Disco Dave , I'll look forward to reading your review of your new motor

Last week I finally received a bw on my exclusive order placed 16th April . It has moved forward to 1st feb over the weekend. Moving in the right direction!

Not many A45 orders in that case if they can supply with a 1 month turn around!!

Last week I finally received a bw on my exclusive order placed 16th April . It has moved forward to 1st feb over the weekend. Moving in the right direction!

Received my exclusive order BW this weekend, 21/03/2016, just wonder when that FL is confirmed.....

Fair one disco dal.. Enjoy the Merc..
They must be cringing with such a quick turnaround and offering 5k deposits to get sales...

Order Placed April 15th - No BW
Order Cancelled August 3rd

Facelift AMG A45 order placed August 3rd
Built Sept 7th
Collect Sept 27th.

46k spec RS3 no discount
50k spec A45 for 45k.

Bosh.

I've just been on the My Audi site and have 9th November build date. I placed order beginning of June and my Dealer assured me a delivery date of September. I'm putting too much mileage on my Abarth so will either ask for a courtesy car or go down the A45 facelift route.

Basically I have taken their demo car before it's been delivered, car was ordered in June with every option ticked. Said I would only do the deal if they matched my RS3 price. They took it and also threw in a track day. They are ordering another demo. The dealership has. 4 build slots in 2015 and all sold. No one else has a discount, they basically bought my sale from Audi. Like for like on spec just does not compare so deal was a no brainer. Especially with Audi making a total pigs ear of my BW

Reactions: Ashbrummy
Fair play disco dal, I wish there was another car in my budget that I liked otherwise I'd have cancelled too. Audi have ****** up big time with rs3 orders. Don't like the idea of the model being out for nearly a year before taking delivery.. definitely kills it after placing an order on first day thinking you would be one of the first (at least in your area) to be driving one.

It's a joke isn't it Audi are making with the order system, they need to ramp up the production line and/or change the way the ordering system works as it seems like it's a lottery on when people will get their car as we've seen orders been placed a few weeks ago and getting built now, whilst others who haven't even ordered anything like exclusive paint still waiting for a build slot!

I'm ordering again I'm Nov/Dec when the recaros and Ceramics are a option and I just hope come Easter I get the car in my hands.

Reactions: Rs1
Ordered end July 15 still no build week...nothing from dealer..1st time bought from Audi customer feedback useless...still keeping with because car is so good.

I'm in the same boat as you Rs1 ......ordered end of July, still no build week......very frustrating !!

Reactions: Rs1
I waited 5 months for my bw. Don't hold your breath!!

Seeing some people on insta taking delivery today, sure they have only ordered in the last month or 2.

Reactions: RYuill
Insta and other forums blocked by server out here.

push

I can't see nothing

Ordered end July still no build week!!!!

Build week allocation appears to be a lottery.

I ordered 4 weeks ago and still nothing.

Getting to the point now I wish I didn't know about the Audi tracker - ignorance is bliss :)

At last received build week yesterday...12th December....now for the wait.

At last received build week yesterday...12th December....now for the wait.

That's a great build slot from order date.
Hmmm ... maybe another 2 weeks till I get my build week allocated on that basis.
If my build week is as yours + 2 weeks I will be very happy :)

Looked today now 7th December so moved forward by few days.....looks like it changes to a whim by Audi.

My order went through on the 12th July. My dealers system says BW 4 at the moment. I hope that comes forward. :)

Ordered mine a week ago (8th September) and just got my build date from the dealer. Build week 8, then he said it will take about 4 weeks from then.

Reactions: RGBARGEE
25461*** is start my order number still no build week even phoned audi uk and told none and no idea when ill get one but to expect april sometime.

I suppose the order numbers are for all Audis
It's a joke isn't it Audi are making with the order system, they need to ramp up the production line and/or change the way the ordering system works as it seems like it's a lottery on when people will get their car as we've seen orders been placed a few weeks ago and getting built now, whilst others who haven't even ordered anything like exclusive paint still waiting for a build slot!

I'm ordering again I'm Nov/Dec when the recaros and Ceramics are a option and I just hope come Easter I get the car in my hands.
Where did you get the info about Recaros and ceramics?? Anything else changing?

I suppose the order numbers are for all Audis

Where did you get the info about Recaros and ceramics?? Anything else changing?

I've been told by others on the other rs3 owners club forum that they have spoken to dealers and they have confirmed the recaros and ceramics are due to be added sometime in the middle of October. In regards to anything else changing I'm not too sure but further additions could be likely.

Woo hoo. Eventually I have a build week. Ordered mid July and have a BW 11.

Feels a little more real now.

Reactions: monopole and billyali86
Only number I've got is a enquiry number? Its like 1234/5678 would that be it?

Its nice to have a build date, as RYuill said it feels more real.

Only number I've got is a enquiry number? Its like 1234/5678 would that be it?

Its nice to have a build date, as RYuill said it feels more real.

It's the "stock number" written on the order form, 8 digits long probably beginning 25****** as people have noted above.

TX.

Oh... Mines got 0 on it...

They are meant to be sending me something over though so maybe its on there.