Orange Peel

kev.s

Reaction score
Anyone noticed this on their car? I've reported it to Audi but they request hi-res images now. Basically it'll be another battle with them. I wondered if anyone had been down this route and what the outcome was.
Their paint finish is pretty poor, they obviously have no tolerances as their DFT readings are ludicrous.

They all do that Sir! Finish on my RS3 is ok to the un-trained eye (like mine) however the chap that details it was most surprised ...

TX.

B92F2657-E8FB-485F-8B18-8311529FA29D.jpg

DCF7FE1B-BBEB-4290-A0A2-79E136A69110.jpg

Few more pics on my build thread

Sort that in about 5000 hours :D
pre-wash > wash > 1500 > 3000 > 4 stage compound/polish > wax > wax > wax > seal > seal >seal
:p

My old nemesis orange peel, i had a foray into orange peel correction not so long ago, but i hit the f**k this for a lark limit very quickly, at one point I was sure I was going to correct the orange peel on my wife's Golf, until i tried it on a scrap panel, and realised what a chore it would be to do an entire car...

every single car i have looked at recently has had some degree of orange peel, seems to be worse on BMW's, and with Audi/VW it seems to be more prevalent on the vertical panels.

Reactions: Neil_M