1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Orange Peel

kev.s Oct 13, 2016

1. kev.s

kev.s Registered User

Anyone noticed this on their car? I've reported it to Audi but they request hi-res images now. Basically it'll be another battle with them. I wondered if anyone had been down this route and what the outcome was.
    Their paint finish is pretty poor, they obviously have no tolerances as their DFT readings are ludicrous.

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. terminator x

terminator x Registered User

They all do that Sir! Finish on my RS3 is ok to the un-trained eye (like mine) however the chap that details it was most surprised ...

TX.

4. Chris90

Chris90 Active Member VCDS Map User

Cant say ive noticed much on mine?

5. Chris90

Chris90 Active Member VCDS Map User

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Few more pics on my build thread

6. vag-tech

vag-tech Site Sponsor Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

Sort that in about 5000 hours :D
    pre-wash > wash > 1500 > 3000 > 4 stage compound/polish > wax > wax > wax > seal > seal >seal
    :p

7. Firstname_lastname

Firstname_lastname in ur base killin ur doodz

My old nemesis orange peel, i had a foray into orange peel correction not so long ago, but i hit the f**k this for a lark limit very quickly, at one point I was sure I was going to correct the orange peel on my wife's Golf, until i tried it on a scrap panel, and realised what a chore it would be to do an entire car...

every single car i have looked at recently has had some degree of orange peel, seems to be worse on BMW's, and with Audi/VW it seems to be more prevalent on the vertical panels.

Neil_M likes this.
  8. Neil_M

Neil_M Registered User

100% they all have it pretty much!