Orange coolant tank FIXED with G101

Bradderz_1988

Dont replace it, Upgrade it !!
Reaction score
When i got the car it was apparent that the cylinder head coolant housing had been leaking at some point and had been replaced at a later date as i think someone had just kept adding water with no anti-freeze or had used a sealing addative like k-seal as the coolant tank was full of a rusty brown paste type substance.

so i drained the sytem and used a 40/60 mix G101/water and ran the car for two days then drained and filled with a light mix of anti-freeze and water then ran for a day then drained and added the correct amount of water/anti-freeze.

Id say its still cleaning it now as some bubbles remain in the coolant tank now and again but its worked a treat but possibly could benefit from a new tank but atleast it wont go south for some time after doing this flush.

I did also remove the coolant tank and swished it round with some pure G101 to remove the gunk from the level sensor recess and behind it.

Reactions: boost-addict and Sandra
You not concerned about the reason behind using leak fix? I once turnt down another a4tqs for £800 last year as it had signs of leak fix but the lad said it was a leaky rad. I kinda belived him but just didnt want the risk
The cars still going now and refuses to sell it... Gutted

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

No not really it may have just been an accumulation of rusty muck or leak fix, but with it having the coolant housing replaced it could be linked also the cooling fan fuse was correded causing it to over heat in slow traffic which ive now sorted and cars running well and doesnt lose coolant so previous owner may have suspected a headgasket issue if it does turn out to be a headgasket issue its an excuse to throw in some rods :tonguewink:

Well there is that haha.. Well lets hope all is well or should i say i hope it isnt., so you can fit rods lol

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk