Options on 2015/2016 RS3’s...

View attachment 191460 Is this interior finish with the trimmed centre console panels part of the ‘rs design pack’?

Had a look on that used Audi site, very helpful in describing the options and packs, also see what people mean by every car being different, finding the spec car I would want could be tricky....

Cheers Paul

Sorry to jump in the thread. I'm currently in the market myself for a PFL. The RS design package is something i'm considering buy i keep seeing conflicting interior options. There are several I have seen on Autotrader that don't have the Alcantara Knee pads or red stitching on the doors. Can anybody shed any light as to why some cars don't have these yet appear to have the RS design package?

Sorry to jump in the thread. I'm currently in the market myself for a PFL. The RS design package is something i'm considering buy i keep seeing conflicting interior options. There are several I have seen on Autotrader that don't have the Alcantara Knee pads or red stitching on the doors. Can anybody shed any light as to why some cars don't have these yet appear to have the RS design package?

You could spec the stitching on the seats, gear gaiter and steering wheel as either grey or red, no design pack involved there.

Design pack then adds:

seatbelts with red stitching
Red stitching on the doors
Knee pads in alcantara and red stitching
Red bits in the air vents
Black RS3 mats with red stitching

Taken from Audi approved used site description for this car:

https://usedcars.audi.co.uk/usedcar...bhp-all-wheel-drive-blue-1_GBR00272903148.htm

So if they don’t have red stitching on the knee pads, and the pads are still alcantara and not leather/fake leather, no idea why :)

Never seen the alcantara knee pads with anything but red stitching, not to say there aren’t any out there though!

You could spec the stitching on the seats, gear gaiter and steering wheel as either grey or red, no design pack involved there.

Design pack then adds:

https://usedcars.audi.co.uk/usedcar...bhp-all-wheel-drive-blue-1_GBR00272903148.htm

So if they don’t have red stitching on the knee pads, and the pads are still alcantara and not leather/fake leather, no idea why :)

Never seen the alcantara knee pads with anything but red stitching, not to say there aren’t any out there though!

There is a company called BKS tuning that offer the genuine OEM alcantara centre console with either red or grey stitching for the knee pads. I was looking to buy this to upgrade my one, however as you can imagine it’s not cheap.

Design pack then adds:

Thanks for that Makes sense now. The ones I mentioned have red stitching on the seats, gaiters & steering wheel but I wasn’t aware you could spec that away from the design pack. Didn’t help that a couple of the adverts mention they have the design pack when clearly they don’t!
Thanks