Options not offered in the UK

Generally disappointed in the configurations being offered on the new sportback. Why no "sport" seats in the "sport" version as on the previous 8v model? Why only vinyl/pretend leather seat material on sport & s-line, no cloth option. I checked Audi.ie and there are many more options available including roof rails as someone mentioned before. Likewise in Germany there is more choice, but guess that is expected. UK missing out again!
I too would have preferred a more easily tailored set of options. On the other hand, in the U.K. we get satnav as standard, which other countries don’t. So it’s a case of swings and roundabouts.

Reactions: NevMan
Generally disappointed in the configurations being offered on the new sportback. Why no "sport" seats in the "sport" version as on the previous 8v model? Why only vinyl/pretend leather seat material on sport & s-line, no cloth option. I checked Audi.ie and there are many more options available including roof rails as someone mentioned before. Likewise in Germany there is more choice, but guess that is expected. UK missing out again!
The 8v sport seats where not sport seats...the S-line 8y l seen on Friday had Alcantara sport seats in it the same you get in a S3

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Not read all the replies but on the packs the major reason was emissions legislation that required cars to have their emissions based on options

started in 2015 with different wheel sizes Impacting emissions - I know because my a6 black edition on a 64 plate was 2% lower in bik that my mates 2015 with exact same spec because the 64 plate was based on standard 18s and in 2015 they required to test on 20s

therefore to save costs and also improve speed to market of new models or facelifts packs where developed so options where packaged and so less emissions testing

Also allows them to charge you more as Merc have done this for years

however you go the other end of the scale with Porsche and the options are just too vast and who ever develops their configuration must have more rules based code than Apollo 13 as each option you choose has a consequence on other options and cost

And Uk options will be based on previous uptake on the 8v by analyzing orders although roof rails is a strange emission as I see more sport backs with roof rails than without

Dealer has been on to me that Im coming close to the point of changing my 8V.
Looking through the configurator... With these limitations I don't think so anytime soon.
For Touring I could do with hanging my bike rack off the back of an S3 or roof rails to transfer my Thule Evo bars onto a high spec A3.
Neither option possible!
and as for Quattro availability, just a nightmare.

Last edited:
I was initially put off by the lack of UK options, but there is some balance to be struck as other posters have mentioned. The UK's Sport and S-Line models are quite well specified compared to other markets - albeit with more limited options.

My 8Y order has an RRP of around ~£34k, whereas the same spec in Germany is around 10% more expensive at today's exchange rates.

It does annoy me that I can't order roof rails, pan roof or vanity mirror illumination though!

I was initially put off by the lack of UK options, but there is some balance to be struck as other posters have mentioned. The UK's Sport and S-Line models are quite well specified compared to other markets - albeit with more limited options.

My 8Y order has an RRP of around ~£34k, whereas the same spec in Germany is around 10% more expensive at today's exchange rates.

It does annoy me that I can't order roof rails, pan roof or vanity mirror illumination though!

Hey Ben did you go for the s-line? that should have an optional panoramic roof

Although I note you're right that the sport does not have it but you must have gone for one hell of a spec to get it up to 34k :)

Reactions: The Cardinal
Hey Ben did you go for the s-line? that should have an optional panoramic roof

Although I note you're right that the sport does not have it but you must have gone for one hell of a spec to get it up to 34k :)

I went for a Sport with a lot of options...

In date order I've had 2.0T S-Line quattro, S3, very high-spec 2.0T SE and now a Sport. I don't benefit from the S-Line styling nor S3-level power, so I was happy to build a custom spec Sport instead.

Reactions: AdamInKent
Don’t think black Audi ring badges front or back or black S3 badges are available to spec in the uk, also seen eu models with black exhaust tips on the edition 1 S3.

Don’t think black Audi ring badges front or back or black S3 badges are available to spec in the uk, also seen eu models with black exhaust tips on the edition 1 S3.
Black emblems and black logos are available from any dealership parts department

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

As mentioned elsewhere, matrix LEDs aren't available other than as standard on the highest specs now (waiting to hear whether my order for them on a Sport will be honoured).

On the other hand, roof bars are now available on all models.

I've seen some A3s which has a combination or either or 12V socket, usb charge ports, and one (maybe it wasn't an A3) with slider to regulation to temp, eg...tri zone climate control & heated seats. I don't know if any or none of the above 4 are avalible in UK market. Also...is it just me, or I thought the A3 8V (previous gen) and even some of the current Skoda/Seat/VW of the same size as A3 have nicer and more upmarket looking rear air vents, which the armrest seems to blend almost seemlessly ito produce the airvents. A3 8Y ones look a bit like an afterthought, like when they finished deisgning the arm rest and the cheif designer asked if anyone forget anything or is there anything else and one person said 'what about the rear air vents?'

I keep getting told, 'we don't need an S3'. :)
Hmm...I've once told SWMBO 'you don't really need another handbag, or that very nice pair of shoes' ....... and that's how the fight started...

I've seen some A3s which has a combination or either or 12V socket, usb charge ports, and one (maybe it wasn't an A3) with slider to regulation to temp, eg...tri zone climate control & heated seats. I don't know if any or none of the above 4 are avalible in UK market. Also...is it just me, or I thought the A3 8V (previous gen) and even some of the current Skoda/Seat/VW of the same size as A3 have nicer and more upmarket looking rear air vents, which the armrest seems to blend almost seemlessly ito produce the airvents. A3 8Y ones look a bit like an afterthought, like when they finished deisgning the arm rest and the cheif designer asked if anyone forget anything or is there anything else and one person said 'what about the rear air vents?'
Yes no rear USB ports or temperature control available in the UK on any trim, I asked Audi this as I was confused that even the SEAT Leon a test drove had rear USB's and a digital temperature control screen... yet the upmarket "luxury" brand of the group has neither. Makes zero sense to me and nobody's been able to explain it. There is a cheap nasty sliding wheel which just does hot/cold and USB's available in the rear in the rest of Europe but it looks cheap and nasty compared to the rest of the VW group vehicles.

looks like we now also say goodbye to the panoramic sunroof on standard trim, s line trim etc.

it appears that you can only get a panoramic sunroof with the vorsprung editions!

what on earth are they doing with these options?!

looks like we now also say goodbye to the panoramic sunroof on standard trim, s line trim etc.

it appears that you can only get a panoramic sunroof with the vorsprung editions!

It's most likely to do with the chip shortages, I read somewhere that the microchips are no being rationed and the ones used for the panoramic roof are short in supply.

I think it's a temporary move, but frustrating none the less. If you wanted an S-line with a pano roof the only choice you have as of today is to order a vorsprung which is a ridiculous jump.

Reactions: AlwaysBeenS3
Yes no rear USB ports or temperature control available in the UK on any trim, I asked Audi this as I was confused that even the SEAT Leon a test drove had rear USB's and a digital temperature control screen... yet the upmarket "luxury" brand of the group has neither. Makes zero sense to me and nobody's been able to explain it. There is a cheap nasty sliding wheel which just does hot/cold and USB's available in the rear in the rest of Europe but it looks cheap and nasty compared to the rest of the VW group vehicles.
Money ;) they make you to buy more expensive model

Panoramic Roof has been deleted as a stand alone option for the foreseeable future ie next year so my son said today Sales manager at Audi

Reactions: NevMan

I’m wondering if they’ll be going the way of Mercedes by offering £1500 pack 1 and £3000 pack 2 like premium and premium plus.
And no wheel choice. Pretty crap if you ask me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: AlwaysBeenS3
Panoramic Roof has been deleted as a stand alone option for the foreseeable future ie next year so my son said today Sales manager at Audi
Doesn't surprise me - They're struggling with Comfort and Sound Pack (which most people want anyway as only way of getting front sensors now), Wireless Phone Box, Powered Tailgate only on Vorsprung now

Reactions: Jassyo06

Can still order pano as standalone on Mini, and BMW I think, as well as comfort plus (wireless charger) but apparently wireless not available on BMW’s so they are clearly sharing options across the ranges, but not all.

Audi “packaged” up a number of their options before chip shortage, around the time of WLTP to minimise the varying models/spec they had to test

Reactions: Jassyo06
We shall have to wait and see how the manufacturer’s respond after the chips become available.

And the way the used car market is at the moment with the sky high prices who knows what will happen to their values in the future when news cars finally start making progress at the factory.

You could have never have predicted it but a good time to sell and the worst time to buy.