SQ5 Options, discount

SteveMcB

Reaction score
Hi, I am in the process of ordering an sq5 plus, my first ever brand new car.
I've driven Range Rovers, Discoveries, Jeeps, Landcruisers etc (not for a good few years) but have never owned an SUV. Tech has come on quite a bit since my 4x4 days so was looking for advice on which options/essentials to go for. It'll be used for towing, the occasional muddy track but no challenging off road use.

Also what's the best discount I can expect, carwow's is 8.3% for cash which seems a bit stingy compared to the 19% I was offered on a similarly specced A6 Allroad.

This is what I'm thinking of.
Technology pack advanced - Q5 - £625.0
Storage pack - Q5 (when bought with driver seat memory) - £125.0
Manual folding towbar - £665.0
Bang + Olufsen advanced sound system - £535.0
Audi parking system advanced - £340.0
Electrically adjustable front seats with memory inc folding/auto dim door mirrors + memory + kerb view - £450.0

Cheers

We are only adding heated seats and flat bottomed steering wheel to ours.
The SQ5 plus is pretty well specced to start with, so doesn't need too many extras IMO.

9.6% achieved through our local dealer and a top trade in price.

You'll get more incentives / discount by taking finance.

Reactions: SteveMcB
This in my spec

0a14dc596d7f40dccc2dd4b6b6199944.jpg

Reactions: SteveMcB
Thanks for the input guys, I agree that the standard spec does look good but I plan on keeping it for a while so can't resist ticking a few boxes, think I've settled on
Pearl - Sepang blue, better half prefers Daytona.
3 spoke flat bottomed multifunction steering wheel including paddle shift - £100.00
Audi drive select - £220.0
Storage pack - Q5 - £125.0
Manual folding towbar - £665.0
Bang + Olufsen advanced sound system - £535.0
Audi parking system advanced - £340.0
Adaptive lights - £330.0
Electric panoramic glass sunroof - £1125.0
Heated front seats - £300.0
Electric folding door mirrors - £190.0
21" 5 twin spoke star design alloy wheels in black - £0.0

Was also thinking about the dynamic steering and running boards (which look much better in the flesh than I thought they would) but need to draw the line somewhere - or risk divorce

You can't have factory installed sunroof and running boards so you have saved there!

Personally I would add advanced key and memory seats to your list...

That's a strange one but good to know.
Did think about the memory seats but my wife, who'll probably hardly drive it, likes the seat low as well so it's easy to just move it back to my spot.
I'm a bit old fashioned when it comes to these keys so will probably stick with the standard one.
My local dealer has matched carwow so will be ordering one for March delivery.

The colour battle will now commence, I want blue but she wants grey, daytona is nice as well mind you.

Not when it is raining and you have to stand and hold the button whilst the seat slowly moves back..

Personally grey. I wanted Sepang but it looks very dirty very quickly and is very common as an SQ5 colour only.

Think you have the spec. pretty much spot on Stevie. I would consider the memory seats though. If I am right they are £450 which includes the folding mirrors, however the mirrors are £190 on their own so it's technically an extra £260. I don't think you need advanced key with it because say your wife used it and you could still sit in it (ie not too far forward) then you can get in and hold the button in the door whilst sitting down to alter the seat and mirriors.
With regards to colour it's obviously down to personal choice but agree with chazd I think Daytona looks best in the SQ5. Sepang doesn't suit it imo although I have ordered Sepang in my S5 BE but think it's suited to that better.

For discounts I have heard some folk getting almost 12% but I believe around 10% is about the norm.

Good luck and it's a great car.

We are only adding heated seats and flat bottomed steering wheel to ours.
The SQ5 plus is pretty well specced to start with, so doesn't need too many extras IMO.

9.6% achieved through our local dealer and a top trade in price.

You'll get more incentives / discount by taking finance.

Order cancelled.
Getting a S5 Sportback Black Edition instead.
Both good cars, but the deal on the S5 is considerably better.
Should get it in January.

Good choice! Exactly what I have ordered after having an SQ5 for a year, should be getting mine next week. What colour you gone for?

Thanks again, if I'm honest I'm pretty sure it will end up being grey, I'm picking the car and all the spec so I can't really grumble. Daytona was actually my original thought until I saw a shiny sepang in the showroom - honest!

All this getting to pick a colour and spec is quite heady stuff though.

Kuku, thanks for that link, it's about 2K cheaper than carwow, a useful bargaining tool for Friday when I'm going into the dealer. They did match carwow but I get the impression any further discounts may be more challenging. I'm prepared to travel though and quite enjoy a haggle!

Does anybody have experience of the dynamic steering on the sq5, is it worth the extra 300 odd?

Cheers mate, after countless second hand cars never thought I would ever buy new, was looking for a later used model but turns out there's actually not a massive difference in price, then I saw the plus model was coming and just thought ..... it

Reactions: NICK-C and Scottyg
Strangely I've bought new three times within the past 4 cars simply due to having been offered better deals. Finance tends to be much better than used unless you're self-funding.

Cheers mate, after countless second hand cars never thought I would ever buy new, was looking for a later used model but turns out there's actually not a massive difference in price, then I saw the plus model was coming and just thought ..... it
Yeah with the discounts on new models and all that goes with it, it makes sense to go new.
If you do end up going for Daytona you won't be disappointed.

Just tried to reconfigure - turns out daytonna pearl is not an option on the sq5+(WTFFFS). Monsoon metalic seems to be the closest. This colour choice thing isn't as enjoyable as I was expecting!

That's a bit of a pain. Monsoon is a nice colour aswell though. How about Lava Grey it is quite dark but when I had mine I wish I had gone for that instead of Phantom Black.

I love my lava grey

42e38bb96f3c926191daad14b8d9bbbb.jpg

9c193d0b4cb945329530e69b6b307d2b.jpg

ca39ba9b076872719952f3dd2c222396.jpg

33d7fa637c7e64989617d4d1f2f1e1a2.jpg

Reactions: James sq5 and NICK-C
That is very nice right enough, hadn't really considered it as I thought it may be a bit too close to black (which I like as well except for the constant cleaning).
Hopefully will be able to see all colours tomorrow and make a decision.

I love my lava grey

42e38bb96f3c926191daad14b8d9bbbb.jpg

9c193d0b4cb945329530e69b6b307d2b.jpg

ca39ba9b076872719952f3dd2c222396.jpg

33d7fa637c7e64989617d4d1f2f1e1a2.jpg
Looks very nice I have just bought one not the plus model though, collecting it 1st August cannot wait awesome car , my name is Paul and have just joined the forum I'me looking foward to hearing from ones who have the same car good and bad points , mine is also lava grey , I was very tempted by the sepang blue but after a lot of deliberation thought the grey was a bit more subtle

Reactions: Scottyg