Optional insurance add-ons for S4

Philio

Reaction score
Dealer offered several optional insurance add-ons and I'm curious if they are good value for money or if there are 3rd party alternatives which are better? Anyone taken out any of these type of policies and can advise?

Cosmetic repair: £499 for 3 years, 4 claims per year limit (had other limitations, but I don't recall exactly).

Alloys: £299 for 3 years, max 4 claims per year.

Tyres: £349 covers up to 5 repairs or replacements of damaged tyres

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

The easy way to tell is, have you in the past 3 years spent any money on those items on your current car? If so how much? If it’s close or more go for it. I can answer myself as £0 spent on alloys, tyres or bodywork damage, so for me useless.

Reactions: Spaceman_RS3
The easy way to tell is, have you in the past 3 years spent any money on those items on your current car? If so how much? If it’s close or more go for it. I can answer myself as £0 spent on alloys, tyres or bodywork damage, so for me useless.
I have considered it from this perspective too. It's probably more of the "what if" factor... I've had a few incidents in 10 years of driving, but only thing I repaired was a dent that cost about £120, the car was probably only a week old so had to be done.

Dealer offered several optional insurance add-ons and I'm curious if they are good value for money or if there are 3rd party alternatives which are better? Anyone taken out any of these type of policies and can advise?

Cosmetic repair: £499 for 3 years, 4 claims per year limit (had other limitations, but I don't recall exactly).

Alloys: £299 for 3 years, max 4 claims per year.

Tyres: £349 covers up to 5 repairs or replacements of damaged tyres

You can possibly get these cheaper through a GAP insurer...

The dealer prices are almost certainly inflated - shop around if you are considering the products.

I've selected Shortfall.co.uk for all three - Gap, Scratch&Dent and Alloy and the total bill will be £630ish - almost half the price. I'm still in two minds about the Alloy insurance - if I had diamond cut wheels I'd get it for sure but it's only costing me £70 per wheel to get them powder coated up here so I might skip that.

I didn't think the tyre insurance was worth it, however.

The dealer prices are almost certainly inflated - shop around if you are considering the products.

I've selected Shortfall.co.uk for all three - Gap, Scratch&Dent and Alloy and the total bill will be £630ish - almost half the price. I'm still in two minds about the Alloy insurance - if I had diamond cut wheels I'd get it for sure but it's only costing me £70 per wheel to get them powder coated up here so I might skip that.

I didn't think the tyre insurance was worth it, however.
This is much cheaper indeed, thanks!

I'll ask the dealer to confirm the numbers in theirs to make sure the level of cover is equivalent.

I had the same feeling about tyres, I've had a couple of punctures and a couple of nails in the past, only one of the punctures required a replacement and the rest were repaired.