optional extra packs

Ash187

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
hi guys,

i was wondering if anyone had a proper list of what packs where available on the 8P2 A3 and what was in those packs?

for instance i know of,

• comfort pack

• storage pack

• interior light pack

• tech pack?

what other packs were there and what was offered in these packs?

i am trying to figure out what other things come on the A3 in regards to upgrades and packages.

Cheers

Luggage pack - cargo net and power point in boot IIRC

Blind pack also i think, my mate has fancy rear blinds which pull up out of the rear doors on his SB.

Think i have the non smoking pack
No ashtray and a lid over the cigarette lighter.

i know some things dont come on the packs... and need to be bought separately...

the storage/luggage pack iirc is the cargo net in boot, cargo net under parcel shelf, the nets on back of seats, the small map net on the passenger side of the centre console, and cubby under drivers seat...

whats in the comfort pack?

Comfort pack is the auto lights & wipers which also has the coming home/leaving home function and the self dimming mirrors.

so then what does the cruise control fall under? and the mfsw? and arm rest? parking sensors? im pretty sure those are all part of a pack???

Cruise may be included, as i have all of those on mine with the exception of the MFSW which is a pain, first car i've had in about 15 years without the stereo controls on the wheel!

Think the armrest was standard (on the SE anyway) but the parking sensors where an extra in addition to the comfort pack which all the SE's seemed to come with towards the end of 8p2 run, along with the storage pack, interior light pack etc... It was one of the main reasons i choose this particular car over an older S-Line that was the same price as it had way more kit and was lower mileage and 2 years newer! In fact the only bizarre omissions i think were no front fogs & MFSW on a car that the first owner paid almost £25K

the storage/luggage pack iirc is the cargo net in boot, cargo net under parcel shelf, the nets on back of seats, the small map net on the passenger side of the centre console, and cubby under drivers seat...

Storage pack and luggage pack are 2 different packs.

Storage pack is net under parcel shelf, hooks in boot, map holder in glovebox, under seat storage cubby, nets on back of front seats and net in passenger footwell.
Luggage pack is cargo net and 12v socket in boot.

On my comfort pack I had auto lights/wipers, cruise and rear parking. Could upgrade to front with OPS for an extra £150

Comfort pack includes cruise and rear parking sensors aswell as the auto lights and wipers.

On my comfort pack I had auto lights/wipers, cruise and rear parking. Could upgrade to front with OPS for an extra £150

i think that is what i heard the comfort pack was...

so the MFSW must have come on some sort of tech pack?

i know with the auto lights you get the auto dimming mirror and i think the auto dimming mirror was another extra add on to the comfort pack at another extra price.

i think that is what i heard the comfort pack was...

so the MFSW must have come on some sort of tech pack?

i know with the auto lights you get the auto dimming mirror and i think the auto dimming mirror was another extra add on to the comfort pack at another extra price.

I think you are correct. The auto dimming mirrors were part of what auto lights/wipers is. Was no extra for me I had to pay extra for fold up mirrors.

I have a FBMFSW which was already included as part of what the BE is. This also came with BT prep low, sports seats, privacy glass, black inlays and trim.

--

Tech pack I think is a waste of money considering how cheap you can get the RNSe/BT high prep and SDS when you purchase direct from the manufacturer of these items.

If you're on about the 8P2 specifically then I don't think the Tech Pack existed. I've had an 8P1, 8P2 and 8P3. On the first, the nav wasn't even available at all. On the second, it had to be ordered separately and wasn't available as part of a pack. On the third, which I currently, have, it was ordered as part of the Tech Pack which included the nav plus the AMI. It's possible the Tech Pack was introduced later in the life of the 8P2 rather than with the 8P3, not sure on that one.

The comfort pack is currently cruise control plus rear parking sensors - have this on the current car but not sure if it was available on earlier versions or whether it consisted of the same things. Storage pack is nets all over the place and I believe it also adds a storage bin under the passenger seat, like the one under the drivers, providing you don't have bluetooth as this is under the passenger seat. The Interior Light pack is all the red LED 'mood lighting' plus map lights and puddle lights in the doors, have had this on all three cars.

HTH :)

well heated seats was an option so im not surprised at that. but as far as i knew headlights washers was not an option that could be picked on its own... it would normally come with the xenon headlights

The comfort pack on my A3 comprised auto lights/wipers (including the coming home/leaving home lights), rear parking sensors, auto dimming mirrors (interior & exterior), cruise control, and a tinted band at the top of the windscreen - thought it was a good deal for £500!

The interior lighting pack was footwell lights, door puddle lights, red lights/reflectors in the end of the doors, illuminated interior door handles & red ambient lighting beside the map lights.

Don't know if the packs differ between body styles - mine is an 8P3 cabrio.

Last edited:
well heated seats was an option so im not surprised at that. but as far as i knew headlights washers was not an option that could be picked on its own... it would normally come with the xenon headlights

Your car was probably in a serious head on collision at some point and is a cut and shut. Have a look on the sills for dodgy welds

:) only joking

lol
i have a weird spec A3... an 05 SB sport with dark headlining, bose, interior light pack, half leathers, with headlight washers but no xenon, no heated seats, no armrest, no cruise control, no MFSW, but it did have a high end CE module, high end DIS and a 6 cd symphony unit?
obviously none of that is left as it was and now i have a very high spec A3 :)

Is it just me or is anyone else disappointed with the standard spec of an S-line & the S3 models?

Just think you should get a few bits as standard on those models. I know the wife's M-Sport 1-series came with parking sensors front & back, interior lighting pack, auto wipers & lights, auto dimming mirror & probably more as standard equipment.

The comfort pack on my A3 comprised auto lights/wipers (including the coming home/leaving home lights), rear parking sensors, auto dimming mirrors (interior & exterior), cruise control, and a tinted band at the top of the windscreen - thought it was a good deal for £500!

The interior lighting pack was footwell lights, door puddle lights, red lights/reflectors in the end of the doors, illuminated interior door handles & red ambient lighting beside the map lights.

Don't know if the packs differ between body styles - mine is an 8P3 cabrio.

Ditto thats what i have on my se

great thread, looking through the 8P2 brochure and pricing up my car new it would have been a couple of quid shy of 30K. Now I really feel like I got a bargain when i bought it.

Extended leather pack - knee triangles and door handles in leather with stitching. Choice of colours.

i got the tupac cos everytime i turn my radio on rap music comes out of it !!!