Option tie ins.

goon

Reaction score
Not wanting to buy brand new, been trawling the sites for a 2.0 tdi sportback auto with a sunroof. All the ones I have seen advertised have leather, s-line,18" wheels etc. Just wondering if its the old option tie in to squeeze the customers for more money, " you cant have this until you've got that first" etc?

How do you mean? As far as I know half leather and 18's are standard on S-Line models?

Exactly, I don't want s line, leather etc I want standard suspension and cloth seats with a sunroof if it exists or can you only have a sunroof if you specify a different package etc.

That's the downsides of buying 2nd hand. Cheaper but harder to spec the car you really want. I don't know much about the options and tying in people to them but I would have though they are all linked, for example, no Virtual cockpit without tech pack. I doubt leather and sunroof are linked to the same option package.

Going by the spec you would like it looks like a "sport" model seems best. I have this model and has cloth seata, not the basic SE seats. I know you can spec normal suspension too although mine doesn't have it.