Optimising Stock 312mm Brake Setup

Y

Yohan87

Morning chaps,

As above, I'm looking to remove my AP racing setup as it's overkill for what I use the car for. I still have my stock 312 setup so will be refitting that.

It currently has Pagid discs/pads, but I was wondering if there were better disc/pad/fluid combinations out there to get the best out of it?

Cheers

I believe that the best fluid is going to be ATE Super Blue/Orange or Motul RBF600/660. Seems to be what most of the guys going on track are using.

The general consensus is that just a standard set of disks with a good set of pads is the best option. Most popular choices are Ferodo ds2500 or mintex m1144 for pads

Another good upgrade is to switch standart calipers with ATE57 from Audi A4/A6 and replacement of the stock brake hoses with reinforced brake hoses. EBC Red/Yellow stuff is another good idea.

Cheers guys.

The system has Millers racing fluid in it at the moment so I've got another couple bottles of that for doing the change over.

HEL braided hoses are enroute also :)

What is the advantage of the ATE57's?

Need to see what my current calipers are, from a Bora V6 4mo.

Can't see there being that much in it?

Nah not really worth the hassle. Lines, fluid, plain decent discs and ds2500 all round or mintex m1155 as they`re cheaper.

Need to see what my current calipers are, from a Bora V6 4mo.

Can't see there being that much in it?
The difference between the ATE57 and ATE54 is in the size of the piston. Digits determined size of the piston in millimeters. Although at first glance the difference is small, the increase in braking is great. I drive my S3 with the following setup:
Front ATE 57+ EBC GD931 + EBC Red Stuff + Teflon brake hoses;
Rear EBC GD930 + EBC Green Stuff.
Brake fluid - Ferodo Racing DOT 5.1
The reason I put "green" rear pads to balance the braking system using friction coefficient of pads.