Optical traffic sign recognition help

jrumball

Reaction score
I am in the process of getting this to work on a 2017 FL A3 I seem to have it working with the optical detection

Before because I had VC and HDD based nav I assume it worked of the nav database and possibly the traffic data as it would display changes on the overhead gantrys on the M25 but not a random sign down a farm track or the no overtaking

The one thing I don't have is any menu in the mmi under the car, driver assist menu from looking in the manual it seems there should be a menu labeled traffic signs has anyone who has used the coding dongle or had it from factory got this or know what is contained in this menu ?

Thanks a picture would be amazing

As far as I remember there is just an option somewhere which enables or disables it (ie, shows the speed on the DIS), at least on my PFL with tech pack its in the top right corner of the DIS screen. I'd have to check but at least in mine I'm sure its just an enable/disable.

Or you can press the uhmm ... menu? button on steering wheel and go to the signs option and its basically a full screen version then.

Personally, I find it to be trash and I preferred my last car where it just used whatever speed was stored in the nav and showed it on the sat nav screen. The camera based system I find to be quite unreliable (it shouldn't detect the gantrys on the M25 etc by the way).

Thanks it deffinatly knows the gantry changes I have a FL car and MMI With HD Navigation too .

As far as I understand it uses both Nav data and optical recognition for best guess

Would still like to know what’s in the menu on a FL car

Module 5F
Adaptions

- road sign = active
- road sign high threshold = active
- Traffic sign = active
- Traffic msg = databus extended

Mmi reboot, turn ignition off, wait 3 min then turn on. It could also be under "maximum speed menu"....in the B9 its under that menu.

What codings and changes did you make in the other modules for Traffic sign?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G925F met Tapatalk