Opinions Welcome On Purchase Of Damaged Repaired...

s123kev

Reaction score
Website
www.waterspets.co.uk
Hi,

However mixed or honest, I'd really like to know what anyone thinks about this car please.

Cat C. Sustained front corner, no airbags gone off, bonnet, radiator pack, lights, panels all replaced, realigned. 38000 miles, all checked, MOT etc etc.

Seller was completely honest from the start. Bought for 7400. Was I a mug or did I get a bargain?

View attachment 38820

As long as everything is aligned, mileage checked etc not to bad Imho, assuming you checked market value.

Cheers mate, a lot of overtime, saving up went into it so I do hope all is good. Seller has been very honest from the beginning. Ta.

As Nigel said if every thing been fitted properly. There should be no issues. Looks like a nice buy mate, was watching this myself on ebay.
Looking at buying a Cat D diesel myself and fixing it. Any plans for it ;)

Aslong as the gaps are right and aligned properly, no airbag light on etc, and it's been repaired to a high standard then I see no issue to be honest.
In most cases cars are only usually written off because greedy repairers decide to fully load the estimate to make as much money as possible, by not ordering new parts that they have estimated for, but still charging for them. I know this because I work in crash repair as a painter. My old boss nearly had my car written off till I saw the estimate and exploded in fits of rage.

Being a cat c must mean it has a valid Vic check with it, so it's road legal again.

Just make sure there's no jig clamp marks across the sills that are down to metal, if so re seal them and paint them to prevent corrosion. Check the chassis legs for any cracks in the sealer, once again, re seal and paint if so. Other than that I would say it looks like a good car. Nice buy :)

Looks nice. Is it a Final Edition ?

As above, so long as it checks out it should be fine. Perhaps keep an eye on tyre wear for signs of misalignment.

Enjoy....once the rain stops :)

Nothing wrong with that,I think the current system of blacklisting cars for being cat c or d is wrong.I am selling a passat b6 estate that I bought with engine damage/slight water damage and as soon as folk find out its cat d they don't want to know.But I have done balance shaft delete and new back discs and everything is in good order,you tell me how many 55 plates have been knocked but not classed as cat d and are in worse state of repair.Property doesn't get any markers if they get repaired.As long as something is repaired properly it should be fine.The only advice I could give different than others is Schultz the back of the wings to protect them a little more as they might be after market panels.

Thanks for the responses everyone, especially what to check for etc. Its a final edition although im struggling to find the name of the paint colour at the moment which is setting off the anxiety again!

Any plans? Im open for recommendations, its back to Audi after 3 years off from my S3. Cant wait!