Opinions Please. :)

RyanS3TT

Reaction score
Hello everyone.

Ive been on the new Alloy wheel hunt for 3days now.
Choosing the right wheels that suit my car is vital to me.

Ive given up on Porsche twists as they are so rare.

I have narrowed my choice down to 3 and would like your opinions please :)

and the first photo is a picture of my car so you can see what they could look like.

Thanks all. Ryan

My Audi at the moment!

!BibGg(!BWk~$(KGrHqUH-CMEsN!j0I,jBLO453kKgw~~_12.JPG

New RS6s

1260365820512newrs61.jpg

Liquid Black RS6s

bbef1mkkgrhqmhduequ5hy5.jpg

Porsche 977 Replicas

bncylmqwkkgrhgohciejlll.jpg

love the new rs6 and think they suit the car alright theres a pic in the stickies

None of those would go on if that ws my car mate, sorry!.

Well, the porsche 997 wheels look horrific, I think they're far too angular for the shape of the 8L. There's a pic floating around on ed38 of them on an A4, and they look really nasty.

Black wheels on a black car will be hidden, and look smaller, so I don't think they're a great idea.

SO that just leaves the new RS6's I guess. There's a noggy S3 in the pics thread with them, and it looks pretty good.

as jojo says I think your current wheels look the best! are they genuine Audi? they look it if so Id save my money and keep them!

Cheers Matt

i agree with what has been said, porsche rims wouldnt suit the s3

i had gloss black rims on my metallic black corolla previous to the s3, looked good imo, but i had red decals, red wheel nuts and red calipers to help break it all up, plus a pain in the *** to keep blacking the tyres every two days else it looks cack

ive got mk1 rs6 rims on my s3, i love them just a different type of oem look, for me its what i would fit on an s3 all day long, but it aint my car :)

heres my noggy with the new rs6's... they are 19"

i think they look really nice. wondered what they would like on a black car....

20100107_010.jpg

20100107_003.jpg

im in the same boat been looking at the lambo reps and the porshe would like to see some on the cars im going for 18 though

heres my noggy with the new rs6's... they are 19"

i think they look really nice. wondered what they would like on a black car....

20100107_010.jpg

20100107_003.jpg

Is your car lowered Wagon?
I want 19"s But im lowered 35mm on Spax Springs.

Here are the RS6's in 18". I would have gone for 19's but the only advantage of 19's is the aesthetics, plus doing 40+k miles a year I'm not sure I could put up with the ride on 19's :(

4262314482_f04dc715e6_o.jpg

4261560623_baea8f52cc_o.jpg

4262307382_365c7ae7f1_o.jpg

4261552657_a8d84a9c82_o.jpg

I like those RS6 wheels but cant make up my mind whether the 18s look better than the 19s. I think the 19s look too big and spaced out.

I like the wheels you already have on the car Ryan. When my tyres go on my 17" avus i'm probably going to get the TTRS wheels as I think they look the best on the S3 other than the S4 18" Avus which are difficult and expensive to get.

I think the 19" rs6 wheels look the best out of that lot.
I've got 18" rs4's on mine and personally think they're the best looking for an s3.

this type of car IMO needs wheels from a similar period..... rarely do we see a set of newer alloys from a newer VAG car actually - work

Get the MTM set in grey they would look good

Standard is the new modifies!keep the standard ones and maybe powdercoat them anthracite or something but not black as others have said they will look lost!I love the997 wheels but I think they r too " new" for the car!

The only wheels i've really given any thought to replacing mine with (mine are genuine RSTTs) would be BBS LMs...
Genuine or replica, damn they look TASTY.

Is your car lowered Wagon?
I want 19"s But im lowered 35mm on Spax Springs.

yes mate, but i have no idea how much, think it might be 30-40mm maybe......???? was lowered before i brought the car.