Opinions please on battery symptoms.......

RPB

Reaction score
Folks I am after honest opinions please on the following symptoms I had today with my S3 battery.
Get to car in my garage at 12pm, first start up of day, car has stood in garage for 14 hours.
Car turns over sluggish but starts after only a couple of seconds. Off I go to shop around 7 miles away.
Out of shop, car starts fine, turns over quick. Drive 3 miles to next shop. Come back to car, turn key and nothing! Completely dead, no turning over or anything. Yet no battery warning light came on at all. Why was the battery low light not lit up?
Borrowed some jump leads and with help, start car and off I go. I wanted the battery testing.......
Battery shop #1 - 4pm and he wants to go home. Well according to the test, I don't think your battery needs changing, the alternator is charging it, however it appears something is draining it. It looks good, maybe find what is draining it. I don't think it needs changing.
Garage #2 - Plugs in the test box and says yup, if you see here, the voltage of your battery is only 12.16 volts. It is no good and needs changing. Well, it wouldn't start the test as the bonnet catch being open stopped the test from running as the device said something was drawing current. Mechanic closed the bonnet catch before the test would start.
Thoughts folks please?