Opinions on the new shape passat.

johndow

Reaction score
I have seen quite a few of these around lately. In the beginning i was impressed with the shape of the new car, but now im not so sure.

I saw one yesterday and from the front side as it drove past it looked almost Toyota Avensis.

I think i will have to reserve my opinion for a while.

Does anyone have any strong likes or dislikes about this car??

JD

I am not a that big fan of the new shape.

I think the last of the line older ones look a lot classier than the new shape.

Maybe it will grow on me though.

Not as good looking as the B5/5.5 Passat, but it's a classier and more modern machine. I had a go in a 2.0 TDI 140, and it's much more refined and quicker than my TDI115 Passat and handles a lot better aswell, interior is well put together, almost Audi standard actually, but not quite.

My work colleague in my office is getting the sports passat its on order now. I like it i think its nice....not spectacular but nice!

Only glanced inside one when I was ordering my GTI but it looked very Merc like inside - in a good way obviously.

I quite like it, very well built, and the interior is really good. And the price is pretty reasonable too.

Seeing more on the road now, so there will be plenty of 2.00 TDI SE for sale in a couple of years from all the reps.

I think the new Passat is very well designed. I think VW designed to look like a small Phaeton. I think it's tried to move the medium sector a notch up. The competition is well behind in terms of looks & build quality. Just look at what Ford have to offer.

Colleague got his new Passat this week.... Black 2.0TDI with the sports pack and Sat/nav, xenons, Auto with 6 speed DSG box. Went out for a spin in it and must admit its a very nice motor. Very smooth and extremely quiet wouldnt have known it was a diesel from engine noise inside the cabin. Nice dials on the dash and t i like the way the satnav screen is mounted. Very nice car.

Yep I was looking around at cars just after they came out and had a sit in one, thought the interior was really well designed and also like the look of the car. Would by one if I needed a bigger car I think... well maybe.