Opinions on matte RS grille

ShaneSun

Reaction score
So I ordered a gloss black rs grille from tcboverstock last Thursday and today it was delivered but I have received a matte one. I have contacted the seller and waiting to hear back.

Having put this matte one up against the car I am now wondering if it may suit better. My car is phantom black.

What do you think?

Haha sorry, that would of made sense!

Here you go (please excuse the dirty car),

photo1-1.jpg

photo3-1.jpg

photo21.jpg

I would say gloss mate i am going to prder a gloss on from tcboverstock the end of the month cant wait

It was $99 for the grille and I paid extra for the faster shipping which was $74.99. Worked out at €135. The quality is great for the price. :)

So I ordered a gloss black rs grille from tcboverstock last Thursday and today it was delivered but I have received a matte one. I have contacted the seller and waiting to hear back.

Having put this matte one up against the car I am now wondering if it may suit better. My car is phantom black.

What do you think?

I quite like the matte effect against your black A4, it's different IMO.

So the seller has apologised for sending the wrong one, saying it was an issue with the factory. However, the only option they are offering is that I pay to ship the matte one back to them and when they get it back they will send me out the gloss one.

Am I the only one that thinks this is poor service? I don't see why I should have to pay anymore considering I ordered the right one in the first place.

Unfortunately that's how most companies work, will only cover cost if goods and not postage, might be better off trying to find a buyer for yours and rebuying

Yes very very true, that is what can happen when dealing with USA, I did that once and it went very well (jackpoint jack stands), I'm guessing you are waiting for a PM with a starting price - you don't need to answer that!

If you ordered the right one and the company dispatched an incorrect item then it s not for you to pay return postage. Did you get through eBay or direct as fairly sure you can make a claim for incorrect item to eBay and they can then sort it out if the seller will not resolve their error!

From eBay

The eBay Money Back Guarantee covers your purchase price plus original shipping for virtually all items on eBay.com. We guarantee you will get the item you ordered or your money back.

This is how it works:

Click the Open a case button through ebay to let the seller know the item you received isn’t as it was described in the listing.
If you’re not happy with the seller’s resolution after 3 business days, you can have eBay review the case.
You’ll get an answer within 48 hours, and if your case qualifies, they will send you a refund.

From eBay website Q&A

Do I need to pay extra for the eBay Money Back Guarantee?
No, the eBay Money Back Guarantee is automatically included with the purchase of virtually every item on www.ebay.com.

Thanks, good to know, however I imagine they'll want the item back to refund you the original shipping, but wouldn't cover the cost to send it back. John lewis is the only place I know that will pick something back up for free from you.
Think best bet is to sell yours and get a new one still...

get it priced by bodyshop try ask the seller for part reimbursement cover cost painting as it's only plastic primer an (piano) black gloss

Reactions: razza1
Thanks very much for the replies folks. Just got a reply from the seller offering to pay for the shipping or offer a partial refund and keep the matte one. I've opted for the partial refund.
I have never ordered anything from the US before so was a bit worried wen I was sent the wrong one. All sorted now though thank god.

Thanks again for your replies! Much appreciated. :)

Reactions: Gaz170
matt on mine

looks fantastic mate :) my surround around mine is matt black too

Reactions: ShaneSun