Opinions on engine mounts?

Dani_B19

Audi-sports own special child.
Reaction score
Evening all.

Spoke to mike recently and he informed me the part numbers for my engine mounts and gearbox mount are:

8E0399105HP - gearbox
8e0199379bg - left
8e0199382aj - right

Now for all the mounts from Audi it's just shy of £300, no chance that's happening. So what's people's thoughts on these meyle mounts:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/391812248096
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221631329522

Now the gearbox isn't as easy to find, in fact I can't find anything for that part number ending in HP. I have found these 2 though:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/171096519316
Or
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/311782374065

Thoughts guys? Thanks for reading haha.

I'd be interested to hear what people have to say on this as I need an engine mount for mine. I have heard that the cheaper versions will throw up errors on the car, but that this can be fixed with some vcds/obd magic!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

The bottom two are basically what I bought for my gearbox Dani and I think the bottom one is the same one.

As for the engine mounts they should be fine as I don't think yours are the same as my oil burner mounts that are electrically operated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know this isn't exactly what your asking but for mine I used b5 RS4 engine mounts (which are solid so no chance of them leaking ever again), 2.5tdi snub mount (same as RS4 I think, either way it's stiffer and was the same price, can go for that or powerflex or something) and I haven't got it yet but I'm going to use an 034 street density gearbox mount.

Can't quite remember what the engine mounts cost me as this was a few years back and I went main dealer (so probably paid over the odd's), something like £200 but that's dealer prices. Snub mount was less than a tenner from Euro Car Parts (probably still relatively cheap now). Gearbox mount will be about £60 when I go for it but can't really see any fairly strong alternatives (OCD kicks in when it comes to me and car parts).

Just thought I'd mention encase you wanted stronger items as I prefer to only ever replace stuff once.

Edit: In theory if you did want solid mounts you could just buy two of the one you linked without fluid and it would have the same effect (they're interchangeable), just tie the sensor back, it'll throw a code in vag-com but no other negative effects other than a bit more vibration on idle. I quite like the small shake, hard to describe but it feels like a race car shake.

Oh also just to mention from what I recall the second gearbox mount you posted is the insert into the first which judging by the photo is probably included in the first. If you try and blank out the triangle bit at the top you'll probably be able to see what I mean.

Last edited:
034 do plug in resistors to stop the check engine light, if you decide to go with solid mounts: Active Engine Mount Resistor Bypass.

But if you can get someone to code it out for you, that would probably be cheaper.

Going to check tonight boys but from memory I'm sure mine doesn't have the sensor based mounts. If it does I'll just cut out the old sensor and plug it in to stop a error code coming up.

I did remember reading somewhere about the rs4 mounts jake but not many seem to have fitted them.

So would you say the rs4 mounts are stiffer than what the above linked ones are going to be?

It's worth noting the ones I've linked say they are hydro mounts so not sure if they just using that as a refeyfor the mounts they replace.

So either of the gearbox mounts should fit then? Just strange how he lemforder mount doesn't come with the metal bracket like the meyle does yet the lemforder is more expensive!

034 do plug in resistors to stop the check engine light, if you decide to go with solid mounts: Active Engine Mount Resistor Bypass.

It's just something that shows in a scan, doesn't throw an engine code (or this is how it was for mine but mine's a b6).

Going to check tonight boys but from memory I'm sure mine doesn't have the sensor based mounts. If it does I'll just cut out the old sensor and plug it in to stop a error code coming up.

I did remember reading somewhere about the rs4 mounts jake but not many seem to have fitted them.

So would you say the rs4 mounts are stiffer than what the above linked ones are going to be?

It's worth noting the ones I've linked say they are hydro mounts so not sure if they just using that as a refeyfor the mounts they replace.

So either of the gearbox mounts should fit then? Just strange how he lemforder mount doesn't come with the metal bracket like the meyle does yet the lemforder is more expensive!

That's because not many people know about/think about B5 RS4 mounts haha.

To be honest they're probably about as stiff, maybe even the same provided you have solid mounts both side.

If your left/right engine mounts are both solid (which they could well be to be fair) why would you need to replace them?

Is yours a 2.0T? To be honest I was just presuming it was a 2.0tdi or something this whole time as it had no mention and I know that's what allot of people have here but petrol's are more likely to have solid both sides due to the lack of vibration (thus not needing to dampen it). Pretty sure they can all be swapped from model to model anyway.

It Is strange how little people upgrade their cars on the a4 front side, when I had my s3 we used to fit parts from all sorts of motors, Leon cupra r top mounts spring to mind.

Mine is a 2.0T Quattro, sorry I thought I'd mentioned this.

I want to change the mounts as the cars on 144k and the mounts are tired, engine rock when revving and I'm planning on having the clutch done shortly so makes sense to do it all.

It Is strange how little people upgrade their cars on the a4 front side, when I had my s3 we used to fit parts from all sorts of motors, Leon cupra r top mounts spring to mind.

Mine is a 2.0T Quattro, sorry I thought I'd mentioned this.

I want to change the mounts as the cars on 144k and the mounts are tired, engine rock when revving and I'm planning on having the clutch done shortly so makes sense to do it all.

I'm with you on that, my A4's probably one of the most heavily modified here (but most none a4 guys wouldn't be able to tell as I don't really do loud mods as I think they look tacky) although I've had it 7+ years and keep seeing better parts, plus I like the idea of "future proofing" my car with bits that won't/shouldn't perish over the life of the car.

If it has solid mounts both sides I'd leave them be as they can't really perish unless they completely snap (which they won't/shouldn't) as they don't have any rubber.

When you say rock when revving do you mean front to back or side to side, if it's rocking front to back you need a new snub mount, if it's rocking side to side then... well I have no idea if they're solid; something's clearly screwed :playful:

Reactions: 344bigal
Side to side. The fronts for a poly snub mount so ain't that.

Even if the mounts are solid they still have rubber in them which will break down over time jake so I know what your saying but it's. It like there solid ally.

Well the plot thickens.

Been out tonight and managed to find a part number on the passenger side mount, unravel to see anything on the drivers side due to various parts in the way.

The part number on the passenger side is:
8D0199379AD

Which if I'm not mistaken is the same number as the rs4 mounts!

Anyone any ideas?

When speaking to audi they gave me the above part numbers in my first post. To say I'm a little baffled now is an understatement haha.

Well the plot thickens.

Been out tonight and managed to find a part number on the passenger side mount, unravel to see anything on the drivers side due to various parts in the way.

The part number on the passenger side is:
8D0199379AD

Which if I'm not mistaken is the same number as the rs4 mounts!

Anyone any ideas?

When speaking to audi they gave me the above part numbers in my first post. To say I'm a little baffled now is an understatement haha.

Doesn't surprise me to be honest; all the solid side mounts are pretty much the same, I still say there's no chance of them perishing... not quite sure how to describe it but if you have them in your hands you'll see what I mean about them snapping (which is unlikely) before perishing. Looking back I would have probably been better just buying a solid mount for the other side of the car but obviously I didn't know this at the time.

I know what your saying jake but rubber perishes other time, that combined with the torque and strain produced by the engine will degrade the rubber.

Look at top mounts, suspensions bushes, he'll look at the state the snub mount and gearbox mount end up like.

I would just replace them both Dani as it does sound like they have gone soft.

My old rear gearbox mount had nearly an inch of movement on it and the new one not so much, probably less than half.

Reactions: Dani_B19
It's just figuring which ones to get Carl. Will the rs4 ones from day TPS really be any different to the ones off eBay? Find it funny how they have different part numbers for the left and right side but they all seem to be interchangeable!

I honestly don't know Dani....with TPS you know they'll be Genuine Audi, but we also know other manufacturers make them for Audi.

Just found these on Amazon....

SORRY DANI I CAN'T POST LINKS.....I'll FB them you.

When I was looking for my gearbox mount I came across and article where Meyle are produced in China and not Germany, biut you never know if that's true or not.

The only thing that puts me off that seller you have linked to above is that all of his listings are PRIVATE so you can't see what the item was and this kind of raises alarm bells for me.

But if mine go I see they do Febi Hydro Engine mounts for mine at half the price of Audi so I may go for them.

I went main dealer and don't really regret it as they are the things holding your engine up so chancing it with eBay parts may not be a good idea (except financially of course), I mean everything else I get from eBay but I'd rather not have it in the back of my mind that I could be using a sub par delicate product to hold my engine up.

Reactions: Dani_B19