Opinion on this S3?

Nice but dont like it, not a fan of the interior, hasnt got heated seats either, dont know if that bothers you or not.

Like said, bit pricey though.

Looks mint indeed!

Look a bit closer by the headlight switch,its showing more white than mine and I have done 90k,not a biggie but considering its meant to be a really nice low mileage example with factroy alloys...wtf's a factroy,your still paying nearly 10k for a car thats 7 years old regardless of the 50k mileage.
1392761-8.jpg

wait until the new year.

Yeh, not a big fan of the two-tone interior. I prefarably want all leather, with heated seats. Was surprised to read the alcantara was an optional extra on these as I think it's a step backwards from full leather.

Voorhees, what are you referring to by the headlight switch?

yes mate nice but pricey and as the boys are saying you could get full leather etc with a few better extras for slightly less than this

Voorhees, what are you referring to by the headlight switch?
the headlight switch is a thick blade that sits in a cup and the edges wear as you can see it that pic.

I prefer Alcantara as you not sliding about all over the shop and in the Winter its not ice cold as heated seats have to warm up,just my opinion.

the headlight switch is a thick blade that sits in a cup and the edges wear as you can see it that pic.

I prefer Alcantara as you not sliding about all over the shop and in the Winter its not ice cold as heated seats have to warm up,just my opinion.

Very true Voorhees and totally agree with you on this one! I do like the alcantara though.

There's some pricey S3's going about so it's best to wait and keep a good eye out. I was in the same boat too in October but waited a few days and my one popped up for a decent price!

Mines up for 6.5 with 30k more miles, but good condition etc.. pm me for details/look in the classifieds.

(shameless plug)

I prefer half leather, I had full leather heated seats in my mondeo and wasnt a big fan tbh
A dark coloured car in summer those thinsg burnt you when you sat in them(no heaters on) and in winter they were freezing when you first got in, and by the time they had heated up my fat *** would have heated them up anyway heh heh

Very good dealer ive had a few a Mint E36 M3 and a 330 sport off him in the past

a lot of money.... you can get a lot more car for £10k. given its age, youll still have all the expensive work to do.

i dont see why there is such a premium?

Last edited:
That's how much I paid for mine in October - Jan 2003 registered (52 plate), 67,000 miles, FASH, trade seller so 12 month warranty... Bose & armrest the only options.

I know I paid a bit much but there aren't many to choose from up here, especially Dolphin Grey with full black leather like I wanted!

I'm not bothered I didn't get the heated seats. As said above, by the time they're warmed up you're **** would've done it anyway! Also, if you're sliding about on the leather then you are too skinney and need to eat a few pies and get yourself some lovehandles to keep you in your seat!

My advice - be patient and wait for the correct colour combo to come your way, otherwise you'll probably regret it later. Check through what options were available and decide which you can do without and which are must-haves. You'll find the right one soon enough!

Look a bit closer by the headlight switch,its showing more white than mine and I have done 90k,not a biggie but considering its meant to be a really nice low mileage example with factroy alloys...wtf's a factroy,your still paying nearly 10k for a car thats 7 years old regardless of the 50k mileage.
1392761-8.jpg

wait until the new year.

the headlight switch wear may not be showing signs of age as my x reg s3 with 115k is absoloutly mint but yet my freinds 02 plate a3 80k is all worn worse than the one in pic because he bought it from a lady owner who had long nails which have scratched it, his stereo buttons are all warn for the same reason.
Also "Factroy" is quite clearly a simple spelling mistake.

I think there is another important factor...its looks, had mine 6 months and everytime i walk away from it (even how dirty it is in these winter months) i turn back look at it and smile!

sometimes its the simple things eh!

the headlight switch wear may not be showing signs of age as my x reg s3 with 115k is absoloutly mint but yet my freinds 02 plate a3 80k is all worn worse than the one in pic because he bought it from a lady owner who had long nails which have scratched it, his stereo buttons are all warn for the same reason.
Also "Factroy" is quite clearly a simple spelling mistake.

Yes that as maybe but it was described as "a really nice low mileage example" I only picked up on one fault from giving lo res pics the once over,I might find a list of faults or maybe not one if I saw it in person.the point I was proving is for Ollie to put any maybes on here and we can try and help.

ps the factroy was a pisstake

I think there is another important factor...its looks, had mine 6 months and everytime i walk away from it (even how dirty it is in these winter months) i turn back look at it and smile!

sometimes its the simple things eh!

same here mate, i always look back at it when walking off and smile!!!

unless shes been playing up then she gets a frown lol