Open Pit Lane Trackday at Brands Hatch - Saturday 25th August

MarkCOV

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Hey,

There's still places available for the Open Pit Lane Trackday at Brands Hatch on Saturday 25th August.

Potential 7 hours of track time, and LVS Racing will be attending on the day with some of their demo cars and offering tuning services in the pit-lane. Deffo not a day to be missed!

Saturday Open Pit Lane at Brands Hatch!

Who else is up for it?

I'm out of the country :(
Otherwise I would definitely have been interested.

I would like to come but only to spectate. Im scared of brands....

Are spectators welcome?

I live 15-20 mins away...

Reactions: MarkCOV
im spectating,names mat and driving a red/burgendy a4 b5 1.8t quattro. i was considering going on track, but lost my job 3 weeks back (****s) and now cant afford ****, not even to fix my broken exhaust your hear me because i went over a speed hump and broke my exhaust. as i only had parts to repair, which consists of a chopped up mish galant 2.5t exhaust lol
its currently side exit under the rear passenger door, didnt have enough to complete, it not visible, but even with boxes makes it loud!!!
so even if i did go on track id doubt id pass the noise limit

im 20 mins away in Sevenoaks

It's free to come along and spectate, generally all trackdays are at Brands.

There will be a wide range of cars on track but it would be great to see some decent Audis there.

Make sure to say hey to Andy and the other LVS guys if you come along too :)

It's not that i need Instruction... its the first corner every time i go to brands to watch something i.e. touring cars /classic cars "u get my drift" i always see 1-2 cars ditching it into the kitty litter then spanking the tyre wall.

It's just put me off a little which is silly as i've been the nurburgring a few times now and had no problems. people spank it all the time overthere.

Do u have to pay to get in?

Can i just drive in and park up?

yes fee entry, you can get in to the back of the pits if you drive though the normal gates, past the granstands on the right and then te shop. then your see chain linked fence, do a u turn in to that gate/opening, then under the track via a tunnel, then you can see the track from there as well as passing though the pits on to the pit lane, and even up on to the pit wall, amazing when you got some big turbo'd cars going past at 130 mph full boost!!

also i know what you mean about the first corner, its because it drops away then has negitive camber which means alot of people get alot of over steer right in to the gravel, but just take it easy and your be ok

Reactions: MarkCOV
Well I really enjoyed the day. I almost didn't bother turning up given the forecast but I'm glad I did. Was fun in the morning playing on the wet track then the dry track after lunch was great.

Having all the polybushes done has transformed the handling.

Out of interest, was the Noggy 8L S3 someone on here??? We were having a bit of fun towards the end of the day - you were faster in a straight line, I was faster in the twisty bits, net result was we were lapping pretty much at the same speed.