Open Intakes - APR or AWE

Leftback

Reaction score
I'm looking at 2 open intakes for my FL DAZA - APR and AWE. Just looking for extra noise. I've already got the 2 Forge intake pipes and a drop in K&N filter so there won't be any increase in power. The existing pipes and filter already give a decent sound on lift off of throttle with the stage 1+ boost levels, but I just want to improve this if I can.

Can anyone offer any experience of running either the AWE Or APR?

Also, does the AWE connect to the Forge turbo inlet pipe like the APR does ?

Thanks

Be interesting to see what people recommend pal, looking to map my car next month and want an intake for exactly the same reasons as you

Reactions: Leftback
P.S. there’s an AWE intake for sale on eBay at the moment.

Was considering this myself but didn’t know much about AWE.......... assume I would need a forge turbo inlet too??
Depending on if the guy has all the bits, I believe it comes with a silicone reducer to fit the standard elbow, and also a direct 4" silicone coupler.

Was considering this myself but didn’t know much about AWE.......... assume I would need a forge turbo inlet too??
I'm not sure - think you would need some kind of adapter? Looks like it's done 15000 miles and been cleaned once. Carbon is very delicate too. I'll probably but new

I'm not sure - think you would need some kind of adapter? Looks like it's done 15000 miles and been cleaned once. Carbon is very delicate too. I'll probably but new
Think new is probably a better bet......... abit more saving needed for me!! Lol

Gone for the APR intake. The 9 inch filter did it for me in the end.

Attachments

• 20220130_103631.jpg
    20220130_103631.jpg
    443.9 KB · Views: 105
Had the APR intake fitted today. Big thanks to Dan and Simon at CLP Automotive.

The noise this thing makes is unreal. It has been worth every penny spent. I heard a few on videos before I bought it and the sound doesn't do it justice. It runs perfectly with the stage 1+ map as it is intended to.

If anyone is considering it - just go for it, you won't be disappointed

Had the APR intake fitted today. Big thanks to Dan and Simon at CLP Automotive.

The noise this thing makes is unreal. It has been worth every penny spent. I heard a few on videos before I bought it and the sound doesn't do it justice. It runs perfectly with the stage 1+ map as it is intended to.

If anyone is considering it - just go for it, you won't be disappointed
Thats great to hear buddy, and really appreciate the feedback. How much were you charged to fit it (if you dont mindme asking).

P.S. my car is still stock, if i go for the APR, will it just bolt on without any fault codes showing??

Not trying to put a downer on this but are these open filters not just sucking hot air from the engine bay? You want cold air from outside as that’s more dense and has more oxygen to burn. Probably why the oe box is routed to front grill area.
i remember years ago a jap tuner I used said avoid using these as dyno will show great results as the dyno run is done with bonnet open so hot air not an issue but if you been sitting idling for a few minutes in traffic the heat soak could lose quite a bit of power.
maybe things have moved on a bit since.

Reactions: EdmundVR4
Not trying to put a downer on this but are these open filters not just sucking hot air from the engine bay? You want cold air from outside as that’s more dense and has more oxygen to burn. Probably why the oe box is routed to front grill area.
i remember years ago a jap tuner I used said avoid using these as dyno will show great results as the dyno run is done with bonnet open so hot air not an issue but if you been sitting idling for a few minutes in traffic the heat soak could lose quite a bit of power.
maybe things have moved on a bit since.
All the top power cars run open filters. Heat soak is a myth really. I looked in to it loads before going down this route (and so did APR). The intake feeds air in to a turbocharger that can be running temps up to 1000 degrees centigrade so a few degrees extra will make no difference. It then passes through an intercooler (upgraded in my case) before it gets to the engine.

Someone on fb group had done dragy runs and found car marginally quicker with open filter than stock airbox and the 2 aftermarket intake pipes.

If anything mine "feels" a good bit sharper in the mid range and top end now the stock box and Forge hard pipe has gone

Reactions: Dan_DJT
I would think so. Just have a chat with Dan or Simon at CLP Automotive. They will advise and sort you out with prices etc
I’m based in London buddy, so abit of a trek up to CLP in Sheffield unfortunately.

That’s what I’m trying to get hold of but no one has them in stock
Changing my eventuri stage 2 intake to the APR intake as going stage 3.
Just listed it in classified

Attachments

• 189BFBC2-1250-4E7F-ACAD-A74823EB275F.jpeg
    189BFBC2-1250-4E7F-ACAD-A74823EB275F.jpeg
    764.2 KB · Views: 95
That’s what I’m trying to get hold of but no one has them in stock
Changing my eventuri stage 2 intake to the APR intake as going stage 3.
Just listed it in classified
You have to be quick. Apparently they sell out as soon as they come in to stock. Just been out on a run in mine and the noises are amazing at all rpm. People way up the road turn round to see what it is. Well worth the wait.