Ooohhh A New Look To The Forum

We're not slatting them just saying that some of us are having problems that's all, and I'm sure there glad off the fed back as we want a fab Web page as much as them :)

I think it looks very nice but i cant help thinking 'dont fix something if its not broken' :/ abit like when they update iPhones and you have to get used to everything again but it never takes long. I do like the tagging feature very cool!

Reactions: Essflee
It was broken that's why we fixed it (well fixing it) What you didn't see was the amount of time it was taking to keep the old site running. Due to the high number of people on line and old problems that were in the old site we had to make the at some point. For this to go as simply as it has, has been months of work. Yes there are things we need to still fix and get right but we hope this is going to be much beeter for the next few years and allow the forum to get even bigger :)

A

I think it looks very nice but i cant help thinking 'dont fix something if its not broken' :/ abit like when they update iPhones and you have to get used to everything again but it never takes long. I do like the tagging feature very cool!

Maybe you never realised the old version was broke? The current new version feels twice as quick, I had mentioned before I felt the old version was starting to feel laggy.

Reactions: jbh and Shrek5
i do not like it!
sorry but i liked the old version better!
it has all gone a bit tapatalk and even on the p.c.!

Maybe you never realised the old version was broke? The current new version feels twice as quick, I had mentioned before I felt the old version was starting to feel laggy.

Nope didn't notice :/ Is this a sign that i should pay more attention?

I appreciate all the hard work put in to run the site, but I did prefer the layout and functionality of the old one. Sorry and all that.

Steve

It's going to take a while to get used to, but i like this one! should imagine it's like facebook for us younger crowd, everyone moans every time it gets updated then forget all the old version after a couple of weeks

Good luck to the admin team. Having been through similar on another site I can imagine the conversations going on in the mod areas currently ;)

Things will settle down as people adjust, change is always hard and I imagine the site will change further while you debug it.

I haven't tried the new layout on my mac yet but works well enough on my iphone 5.

my main gripe was the adverts but that's fixed. the other thing I had noticed was the pinned topics were hard to see where they finished and the new topics started. but that's been fixed. ( or my old Dell monitor was cr@p at showing colours and this new HD Samsung is better )

What tagging feature???? Of is that for the special people???

I think it looks good! One thing I've noticed though is that on the FAQ thread in the a3 8p forum, if I click on a link it doesn't take me to the link, it goes back to the main forum page showing all the different sub forums.

Not sure if this is just a quirk of using the forum on my Sony Xperia Z1 with Google Chrome or if it's something that others are experiencing too?

Thanks for highlighting the stickies in pink - makes it much easier to know where the live threads start!

Reactions: jbh
New look is great, however don't like those automatic keyword shopping search engine links, think it's called viglink

okay! after a good look around the new site, the biggest issue I'm having is the white background to the posts - it's hurting my eyes. Can it be turned down a magnitude or 6?

Have to agree with the guys above, the white screen wrecks my eyes after a while and i have to go off the site. Can we get some dark skins?

Reactions: DAYTONA 500
I was playing with the Toggle Color Options button ..

How do I get back to standard form color scheme ?

@M1ke H I dare say things being wonky at work will most likely be down to an issue of caching - we've been tinkering quite a lot this afternoon/evening so there might be a few Ctrl+F5's required to freshed things up. Let us know if it's still west when you're back in the office...

Cheers,

Rob.

@FactionOne
Rob - thanks for your comments Friday. Just to confirm all is now good on both the home and office laptops, on both the home and office networks. :)

Thanks to the tech guys for all their work over the last few days

After playing about with the AD Styler/Colour Options:idea: I'm quite happy with the layout and think it looks a lot fresher and more modern than the old format:arco:.Also having the smiles where you can actually see them without obscuring what your'e writing gets a:thumbs up:from me,well done Admin:beerchug:.

Reactions: jojo