ooh APR now avail

Only problem is you need to unlock the ECU then it can be flashed by an APR dealer. I don’t fancy sending my ecu to America.

the results the have aren’t that great IMO and I’m happy to keep my JB4 as people have used the full fat E85 tune and not got much better times on the 1/4 mile 0-60 and 100-200

Don’t think I’d be brave enough to send it away either.... but those figures look tasty.

actually yeah I didnt read that bit properly - surely the dealer can unlock it (SA Tuning videos make it look pretty simple, once you have the kit)?
I do like the sound of the other enhancements, like addressing the low speed lag.
But wont be sending ECU anywhere....

Only problem is you need to unlock the ECU then it can be flashed by an APR dealer. I don’t fancy sending my ecu to America.

the results the have aren’t that great IMO and I’m happy to keep my JB4 as people have used the full fat E85 tune and not got much better times on the 1/4 mile 0-60 and 100-200
It does state "Visit an APR Dealer and purchase the APR ECU Upgrade. Usually they will remove and send the ECU to APR UK. We'll unlock the ECU, ship it back. They'll reinstall the ECU, and install the software. This can also be done in house at selected dealers."

It seems to suggest APR UK does the unlocking, clearly not America...

Here in Oz our Canberra APR franchise is the first in Australia to have tuned with it and has got some pretty awesome results - 330kkW 655Nm on our World's worst, crappy 98RON fuel.
However, you have to leave your car there for a week whilst the ECU is physically removed and shipped to and from APR in the USA.
That plus a cost of circa $3k certainly prevents me from entering the APR fray one more time.

Dingah

If you can get yourself to awesome GTI in Manchester they can do the unlock and map install on site. As APR UK are based at their site.

FYI the unlock and remap is a very simple process. When APR US announced their tune on Audizine there were comments that they could do it in the parking lot whilst the owner is standing a distance away. I guess that Awesome (if they are open) could do the same.

I read on the BBC news site that someone got caught doing 150mph on the M1. I'm staying at home and am not even driving my car to the shops let alone having fun with my stage 2. But I guess some people are...

I had a look and like some have said Awesome being HQ for APR in the UK are able to unlock the ECU. The price is £1600 in vat and the tune is cheaper in USA not sure why we got to pay a premium and 3000 in Australia is a joke.

The APR UK pre-VAT price in £ is the same as the APR US $ price and that's pretty much standard practice these days. However consider supply and demand - is anyone else offering B9 3.0TFSI remaps yet (apart from the even more expensive German companies)?

The APR UK pre-VAT price in £ is the same as the APR US $ price and that's pretty much standard practice these days. However consider supply and demand - is anyone else offering B9 3.0TFSI remaps yet (apart from the even more expensive German companies)?
Check out DMS Automotive

Been chatting to a guy at revo and he has said they planned to have their map out this month, but with what's going on and wanting to make sure it was right. It will be out when this ends could bring prices down with more competition.

There are quite a few people. SA tuning, DMS automotive, unicorn, EPL who also offer map switching if you have there cable.