1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Online Traffic Updates failing

mcaddy Aug 11, 2018

1. mcaddy

mcaddy Member

I've recently found my Online Traffic updates have stopped working, Data SIM is working fine for all other data services and my traffic licence was renewed about 4 months ago. No changes on my behalf or recent third party activity.

Anyone else experiencing this?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. mcaddy

mcaddy Member

Three weeks ago Customer Service knew nothing about this issue. Today spoke to someone who stated they've had this issue for over a month and are trying to resolve asap.

4. oli356

oli356 Well-Known Member Team Sepang Audi S3 Black Edition Sportback S tronic

What's the easiest way to check? Clicking the "traffic" button, atleast on my PFL it's like the top right switch button thing I think...?

5. mcaddy

mcaddy Member

That'd generally always bring back results, for me the difference is in the bottom left of the screen, for the last 3 plus years it's said "Online", now all I get is TMC or TMC Pro

6. oli356

OK mine says online still

7. Robert997

Robert997 New Member

I has this problem with the Audi and our Porsche at the start of the month. And google maps stopped working in both. For days.

I couldn't find any reports on forums at the time, and both licences for the cars were within date. I was puzzled.

Having a technology background, I made the car do an action with Audi Connect (and Porsche Connect respectively) - to look at fuel prices or weather or parking. Can't remember, but the point was to do anything to make it 'send and receive'.

Seemed to clear both cars and they returned to normal with google maps and traffic, and have worked fine ever-since.

Could be worth a try.

8. oli356

Mine was showing only tmc last night... It was telling me that a motorway was shut and wanted me to go a different way.. 20 min detour.. I ignored it and the motorway was open.

Can only assume if the online updates were working it wouldn't say this. Fuel prices and navigation Google searches were working so my sim is OK. Though I tried to check the license for the online updates (option in the settings) and after a couple of minutes it was still checking.

Need to see what it's like today.