One touch windows gone?

Swervedriver

Reaction score
After a recent flat battery, I've lost the one touch control on my windows. S3 8l by the way. Any idea fellas? All help much appreciated.

Regards

Craig.

Drop the windows down, then all the way up whilst holding the switch, once they are at the top, let go of the switches, then do it to put them up again and they should make a quiet click noise, this will reset them for you.

Alternately you can disconnect the battery for about 20 mins and cycle the windows all the way up and down. This should also fix the problem, as I had a similar issue and a battery disconnect rectified this fault.

Alternately you can disconnect the battery for about 20 mins and cycle the windows all the way up and down. This should also fix the problem, as I had a similar issue and a battery disconnect rectified this fault.

Sorry, I know you're only trying to help, but this is a ridiculous suggestion seeing as A) the correct method only take 3 seconds and B) once you've disconnected the battery you'll have to reset the windows via the method mentioned earlier anyway (which takes 3 seconds)

Reactions: westcoast a3 and daz-20vt
No problem mate, but my windows weren't fully cycling (drivers side window wouldn't go down all the way) and the above fixed that along with the one touch window setting.

Just my experience...

Drop the windows down, then all the way up whilst holding the switch, once they are at the top, let go of the switches, then do it to put them up again and they should make a quiet click noise, this will reset them for you.

This IS the correct way to reset your electric windows after you disconnect your car battery. The one touch can be reactivated with just pulling up on the window switches for 3 secs with the window full closed. But you are suppose to open them all the way down and back up for the motors to learn where the limit of the open and closed positions of the window.