One rear wheel sticking out further than the other.

Dogtown22

Reaction score
Thought this deserved a thread of its own...

Just had my car lowered and had the tracking done and wheels aligned, also fitted 15mm spacers.

I had a garage do all the work (the garage has a very good rep too)

When I got the car home I had a good look round it and suddenly noticed that the top of the passenger side rear wheel sits dead flush with the arch and the drivers side rear wheel (top of rim) sits about 20mm inside the arch.

Got to take it back to the garage on monday so they can check it out.

Any ideas guys?

wow that's a massive difference, i had a similar thing when i spaced mine but it turned out to be because i have 3 copy RS6 alloys and 1 genuine and the genuine had a difference off set making it sit in 8mm further,

But 20mm seems like you have a big issue somewhere

Can you post a pic up of the wheel alignment report?

I havnt got it Andy, like an idiot I left it at the garage... DOH.

Check the report could be a slight difference in cambers you cant always tell by eye! Mine is the same check out the pics i put on today of my rears! Arpund a 10mm differenc for me but im sure its just the camber needs adjsting to suit

the thread is dgr coilys shouldnt be too far down list

Yep I see it mate. I havnt got any rubbing issues, just want them looking the same ha

Ive sorted the rubbing issues now just had to camber top in but i done bit too much on left hand side! Also had to stiffen the shocks so didnt bounce as much and is fine, am gna adjust camber on that wheel tommorow and get even both sides!

My mates golf is like yours though had it at a garage and they found nothing wrong was just slightly not central!

check the camber on the report then go from there, ive seen it before where someone had taken there car to a garage and this particular garage was a good place but they didnt have the correct alignment equipment because it was low and they just done it by eye and took the money! Also measure the distance from floor to fender lip and make sure its identical both sides