Reaction score
OUT

My trusty old Smoker

P1010158.jpg

IN

Another S3

P1010188.jpg

Reactions: bagey, mojo555, Paullie and 2 others
​Paul that is a nice looking car. Happy motoring. :)

No comparison looks wise, I'm sure the Beemers a lovely car but my lord it looks drab against a well appointed S3.

Enjoy it Paul, looks stunning!

Looking good Paul,have to say the S3 Sportback is growing on me.Has the oilburner gone obviously not S3 performance but still a good drive..:icon_thumright:

As a general rule I'm not a big fan of white cars, but the S3 really carries it off so well, and with open sky it just looks stunning.

Both nice cars.

As said though, white S3 with open sky is one of my faves.

What plans for it?

Both nice cars.

As said though, white S3 with open sky is one of my faves.

What plans for it?

Best combo IMO too mate.

Only plans are Stage 1 map and that will complete the package for me.

cheers
Paul

As a general rule I'm not a big fan of white cars, but the S3 really carries it off so well, and with open sky it just looks stunning.

Thanks!
I was indifferent about both white and the SB but for me the two just work so well with the Black Ed bits and Open Sky.
Really pleased with the whole thing.

Cheers

Looking good Paul,have to say the S3 Sportback is growing on me.Has the oilburner gone obviously not S3 performance but still a good drive..:icon_thumright:

The Beemer is an excellent car, even the lowly 320d, it just wasnt quick enough and looked very unremarkable to me. It was the perfect tool for the job when I was doing 25K miles p/a though and the ProNav is an amazing bit of kit, seats and steering were the other highlights.
In fact actually looked at 335d/i and M3s to replace it but for various PCP issues regarding cost/availabilty I am back in an S3, and pleased I am.
I will probably be back in a 3er at some point in the future but as an allround daily for the money the S3 is unbeatable I think.

cheers
Paul

No comparison looks wise, I'm sure the Beemers a lovely car but my lord it looks drab against a well appointed S3.

Enjoy it Paul, looks stunning!

Beautiful car there Paul. Warren I'd have to say the opposite though. I think beemers continue to look very nice and not dated whereas for me the latest s3 8p 3 looks a little fussy! I prefer the pre facelift. As said still a beautiful car though. Very nice.

I spent a lot of last night in the presence of a MY11 S3 Sportback and dare I say it.... I think I prefer them over the 3 door now. Especially from the rear.

Nice choice of car, number of doors, and colour you've made there. :yes:

Reactions: Ash187
She's a beauty Paul! Enjoy the S-Tronic, I love mine and wouldn't want to go back to manual now. With a stage 1 map, it'll be rolling as the S3 should be rolling from the factory. Have fun! :wub: xx

That must be the first ever S3 that far north ? did you have it specially imported to Newcastle :)
welcome back mate :) lovely car:) Looking forward to see how you get on with the DSG...find a nice twisty lane and play with the paddles :)

I spent a lot of last night in the presence of a MY11 S3 Sportback and dare I say it.... I think I prefer them over the 3 door now. Especially from the rear.

Nice choice of car, number of doors, and colour you've made there. :yes:

Cheers man.
I didnt `get` the SB but I think its stood the test of time well and fits my new found want for 4 doors...:icon_thumright:

Paul

That must be the first ever S3 that far north ? did you have it specially imported to Newcastle :)
welcome back mate :) lovely car:) Looking forward to see how you get on with the DSG...find a nice twisty lane and play with the paddles :)

Arctic testing means that warrantys this far North now apply.
The whole of the North East is now on rations so I can drive this german extravagance.
Pigeons and Whippets are so very passe......dont you know

looking lovely paul , love the white s3's, makes me want one even more now lol , ill be keeping an eye out when im over your side of the water

Its a beauty in white with that spec.

Good to hear you rate the 320D, have to say for mile munching they offer a great package of both performance and economy, I can't prize the Mrs out of hers despite my best efforts, 2 years and 50,000 miles not spent a bean on it apart from servicing and no rattles or faults :)

I still prefer the overall look of the 3 door S3 but I do think the Sportback will stand the test of time well, I'm loving being back in mine especially when the weather gets nasty :)